New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Host Andy,

Could you find out if you were to book a cruise and then later on need to change dates, ships, etc, if the perk chosen would transfer to the new sailing? If not, I can always call Monday.

Bummer about the Passages Certificate, but not surprising.

Thanks for all your help!

Hi Firemanbobswife,

I will try to obtain a response to your question. Always my pleasure to help.

Hi Andy

Thanks for keeping us up to date on all these promos.

I think that your answer to the butlerdidit may have been misleading. Normally, when the fine print says not combinable, they are referring to other perks from Celebrity. What the TA does is irrelevant. In most cases, a TA who would otherwise offer free gratuities would come up with a comparable incentive if Celebrity offered free tips.

Like an earlier poster, I am getting overwhelmed and confused with all the various offers, incentives, promos, gift cards, specials, etc.

If they really want to give me an incentive to book, have them restore the pollicy that would honor price reductions after final payment.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Hi Bob & Phyl,

As the rules seem to get more complicated, You never know these days. I suppose it depends on if the TA's OBC is entirely coming out of their pocket. In that case, it may be ok. It's impossible for me to know each circumstance, so I will leave it at that.

As I also stated, the best answer is to ask your TA. It's always best to ask questions now, instead of being disappointed later on.

Edited by Host Andy

Could you find out if you were to book a cruise and then later on need to change dates, ships, etc, if the perk chosen would transfer to the new sailing?

I'd love to be able to do this, too, but - my guess - looking at the fine print of the offer that wouldn't be possible.

"All Offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. No refunds or credits for unused options."

Will be good to know, if these will be compatible with residence, senior, military, police discounts.

Hi Bosjoe,

I'm hearing the answer is no.... but it's always best to confirm with your TA or Celebrity.

Just received a email from my online TA about this promotion.

The TA is also giving OBC in addition to the Celebrity promotion.

this is for the first 300 bookings.

Looking at a particular European cruise and the verandas start at $1599. and all the promotions are valued at $1549. for this cruise.

So I would be sailing for "almost free".:cool:

Just received a email from my online TA about this promotion.

The TA is also giving OBC in addition to the Celebrity promotion.

this is for the first 300 bookings.

Looking at a particular European cruise and the verandas start at $1599. and all the promotions are valued at $1549. for this cruise.

So I would be sailing for "almost free".:cool:

"Almost free" :p for one person in the cabin....but that $1599 rate is per person before taxes & port charges (and the 2nd person). Keep crunching those numbers! (yes, still looks like a very enticing promotion!)

I really like the fact that you can upgrade to the premium oackage for an additional $11.50 per day (less than the price of one Molecular Bar cocktail) ..what a deal!!! Will be booking something for next winter for sure.

Where did you get the information? Could not find anything on Celebrity website.

Edited by nanourw

Lobster 129,

LOL, it is enticing though.

In 2008, I paid $1700. for an inside stateroom on a 11 day cruise out of Barcelona. It was my first cruise and I was clueless about OBC and drop in prices.

This is a twelve day cruise out of Istanbul so the price is still good.

I always travel with a roommate so I am only figuring my cost at the moment.

Frantically doing the math.

We are sailing on 1/27 and I intend to book a 15 day Infinity cruise for December 2013 for the 3 cat upgrade, OBC and low deposit while on board.

We would not benefit from a drink package so I looked at the pre-paid gratuities which we would benefit from. That would give us $45 in our favor for booking under the special. It would cost us another $40 in the upgrade as we would only be able to do one category under Captain's Club so we'd have to pay for a higher category to get the cat 6 ocean view we are looking at.

That leaves me with a $5 advantage and having to pay $450 deposits as opposed to $100 deposits.

Unless my math is wrong, I think I'm better off with the onboard booking. At least I have some assurance of future price drops being honored. I could also "shop" the reservation to a TA for additional perks.

Sounded like a great deal, but I don't think it's worth $5 and laying out all that deposit cash.

If I got this wrong, please let me know. I'm notoriously bad in math. :)

Where did you get the information? Could not find anything on Celebrity website.

As the promotion does not begin until Monday, it's not actively promoted yet. I'm sure it will be featured on their homepage on Monday morning.

and also if the fare drops can we get the lower fare and still keep the promotion?

:)

Hi Mafig,

That's a tough one. While this is not confirmed, I'm sensing you might lose the promotion, as the fare would then become something other than a "Five Star" rate - which is the rate linked to this promotion. I do not expect to receive a definitive answer - at least for now.

It's almost as if someone said that they would try any idea that marketing thought up. Last month it was $1000 off per cabin for European cruises. Now it's free classic packages and gratuities. Next month they will probably have an offer of a. Ask age of specialty restaurants or excursions. In ach case the total discount is in the same ball park. This deal is probably a bit better than the last one if you pick the right options....and not as good if you pick others.

The problem with these deals is that by the end of all the offers, everyone starts out thinking they got a good deal and they end up feeling that they were all shafted by some later deal . I know, be happy with what you booked....but human nature is that everyone wants the best deal.

Of course someone in celebrity is happy that the published rates, which few seem to actually pay because of obc's, free gratuity offers, shareholder credits...are higher. Reality is that they may look higher, but actually aren't...they just play well in stockholder discussions and trade press.

I anxiously await the next deal....which I project will be worth about $1000.

We have never booked a drink package, but I briefly read the basic description on the X site. Would the drink package include speciality coffees in the Cova Cafe (description says "all bars and lounges")? Could we take bottled water (in a bottle) back to the cabin, or would it need to be consumed in a dining, bar, or lounge area?

Kathy

Yes, the Classic beverage package includes most of the coffee in the Cova: expresso, latte, capuccino,cafe Americano. But not the coffee on the last page of the menu, which I never drink anyway.

It also includes all bottled water, but not the sparkling variety.

Yes, you can pick up small or large bottles of water at any bar, Cova etc and take it off the ship or bring it to your stateroom.I did this daily on my cruise which just ended on the Century. It also includes soda and fresh oj. and other juices.

Here's one for Celebrity promotions. We are in Canada. We just received the " Captains Club News winter 2012" on Jan 4 talking about the fabulous $1000 on board credit. . The Med offer of $1000/cabin expired Dec 31. Do you think they would honour it now? I'm glad I wasn't waiting for a Med deal.

Hi Frozen Canuck,

While your question is off topic, my guess is, they will not honor an expired promotion. Please contact your TA or Celebrity for further assistance. Thanks, and Happy New Year !

*To Qualify for this Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied:

Cruise must be booked during the "Offer Period" and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, excluding Celebrity Xpedition cruises, that departs between Feb. 2013 - Apr 2014. Offer only available for ocean view or higher staterooms and for Cruises sold at a Fivestar or Group X price program rate and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program including, but not limited to Celebrity Passages, Stockholder Credit, Capt. Club Upgrades or Coupons, and Celebrity Double your Gift Card promo. Not combinable with ANY other price program EXCEPT those that starts with FST or GRPX including but not limited to: Senior, Resident, Upgrade, Travelzoo, Cruise Only Gty. Also not valid with Categories Y, X, XC, XA, or W.

Classic Beverage Package for Two applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving; all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water. Server gratuities are included (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $10 per person, per day, plus $1.50 beverage gratuity per person, per day, by contacting Celebrity Cruises.

Hi Everyone,

As a reminder, please do not insert names of Travel Agents or TA websites in your post. When doing so, the entire post must be removed, as it's not allowed per our Guidelines. Additionally, sharing hints, or spelling out the TA information (i.e. XYZ dot com) is also not permitted.

Please make our jobs a little easier by refraining from doing this. Thank you !

The fine print says the bookings must be at "Five Star" pricing or above -- how do you know whether the TA price is at that level? Also, what do you think would be offered to kids . . . the nonalcoholic package?

Hi Bscp,

I believe your TA would be the best source to answer the first part of your question. As for children, the offer states it is "for two", I'd think they would not receive a beverage package. I hope this helps !