New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Hi Dgparent,

It's always My pleasure keeping our community informed.

While the fine print states "new individual bookings", I say... it never hurts to ask :). However, I'd wait for Monday before inquiring. Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

I tried to get the drinks package only as I had already booked a cruise on Celebrity Silhouette and the reply was for new bookings only. However as a matter of good faith I was given $100 of the cruise price. This in addition to the free upgrade from Concierge to Aqua Class.

I must admit I would have preferred the drinks package but I will not be complaining.

We are booked on Reflection for march 30 and also we are able to change and get the Classic alcohol package included. Although we have a substantial OBC giving that up we still would save almost 250 dollars by changing to the 123 promotion. Now to my question we plan on buying the Premium package and was wondering if anyone knows if you can just pay the difference between the Classic package offered and the premium?

I am on the same cruise, when I called she asked if we wanted to upgrade to Premium. I gave up the 200 matching gift card, mmm $200 match or $700 drink packages, easy decision.

Am I the only only one who cannot take advantage of this special deal? I've looked at the current pricing for every cruise I have a deposit on....and the price I have is much better than the current pricing....even adding in the beverage package or other offer. What cruises are great deals?

No, I'm in the same boat. My cruise is $300 higher & I got an X promo of $250 OBC & $200 for onboard booking bonus. We're on a 10-nighter so if we were big drinkers, the drink pkg would be a slightly better deal, so our next best option would be $300 OBC, which obviously isn't as good as what we've got.

anyone know if on this package that one person in the room wants to up grade and the other does not will that be doable?

Joy

When she asked if wanted to upgrade I told her my wife would like that but I only need the Classic, she said they could not do that either both or none. I upgraded us both, but you may want to try on board, probably easier then.

It says new bookings only soooooo....I have previously booked a 10/10 Meditteranean trip on Reflection with a TA. Any way I can cancel and rebook to get this deal. I would be saving $1500.

When I called I asked the Rep. "I see you have this promotion my final pay date is next week, do I have to cancel this whole reservation and rebook to get the promo?" She said NO and took care of it right on the phone for me, she let me know that it would not show up for a few days online. Alos I had laready paid for the cruise, she canceled the $200 match from those gift cards and added the beverage packages instead.

I am glad that we did not have to cancel as we have a nice cabin. Also the cruise was still the same price as when I booked it.

Edited by dgparent

It says new bookings only soooooo....I have previously booked a 10/10 Meditteranean trip on Reflection with a TA. Any way I can cancel and rebook to get this deal. I would be saving $1500.

Hi Mulege,

As I believe you are in Russia, I suggest checking with your local Celebrity office. It never hurts to ask. Good Luck !

Did Celebrity say anything to you about the fact that you cancelled and re-booked? When I asked my TA about re-booking he said that we couldn't....I don't really think Celebrity is going to turn away a sale?? We will have to pay the current price, but we will still come out better in the long run. Thanks.

Hi Ugaaucruisers,

I believe the cancelling & rebooking concerns... will prove to be a non-issue, at least for US Guests. I cannot promise anything, but that's what I'm hearing - and many folks are reporting success obtaining the 123 promotion without cancelling & rebooking. If your TA is advising you otherwise, I hope you can convince your TA to contact Celebrity again, or ask to speak with a supervisor.

IMO, what it comes down to.... is 2 critical items. First, that you will pay the prevailing rate, and second, that you will almost certainly lose any previous Celebrity OBC's or promotions associated with your booking, should you have any. As long as the math works in your favor, you should be able to adjust your current booking, without the need to cancel.

I hope this helps !

Hi Huskyla,

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Call your TA and ask to speak with a supervisor. You should be able to obtain the promotion, but please read my last post before you consider making changes.

FYI - Once you mention a Travel agent, it is against our Guidelines, and your post must be deleted. Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Edited by Host Andy

I'm gutted :(

Our cruise consultant at Celebrity/RCI is usually very good and will do all he can to help us. Emailed him today with details of this offer and have been arguing all day. They keep telling me it's USA only bookings and cannot be applied to ours as we're in the UK. I've offered to cancel and rebook through the link and then call to add but again told Celebrity will not honour as not from the USA.

So annoyed as others on here have managed to get the promotion applied even to existing bookings and outside USA. Asked to escalate, took screen prints showing nowhere does it says USA only and then said it's UK departures only (we're on Eclipse Caribbean sailing). So took another screen print saying 450 itineraries including ours and still told no. Have no idea how to formally complain as it's worth £900 to us which is considerable. Even if we have to cancel and rebook losing our deposit we'll be £600 better off.

I've asked to speak to supervisor etc etc but to no avail. I can't see how others have got this promotion especially those in the UK!

I guess it is all in the math for your cruise. For example, the TA I have booked on Silhouette for December....the current price is $800 more now for my cabin. Granted the drink package price is more than that. However, I would be giving up $650 in OBC. And the last TA I had I did not manage (although I tried!) to drink up all my OBC...LOL...I had to buy some duty free booze to use it all up. So for me the package is not a deal. Wonder if the cruise prices will go back down when this promo expires.

I'm gutted :(

Our cruise consultant at Celebrity/RCI is usually very good and will do all he can to help us. Emailed him today with details of this offer and have been arguing all day. They keep telling me it's USA only bookings and cannot be applied to ours as we're in the UK. I've offered to cancel and rebook through the link and then call to add but again told Celebrity will not honour as not from the USA.

So annoyed as others on here have managed to get the promotion applied even to existing bookings and outside USA. Asked to escalate, took screen prints showing nowhere does it says USA only and then said it's UK departures only (we're on Eclipse Caribbean sailing). So took another screen print saying 450 itineraries including ours and still told no. Have no idea how to formally complain as it's worth £900 to us which is considerable. Even if we have to cancel and rebook losing our deposit we'll be £600 better off.

I've asked to speak to supervisor etc etc but to no avail. I can't see how others have got this promotion especially those in the UK!

Hi Missminnie,

Sorry to hear of your frustration !

While I'm uncertain how this offer applies to UK guests - or if it does. I'm trying to obtain the exact terms of the UK offer. It's my hope that you can print it, and provide to your TA. When I have additional information, I will post again. Stay Tuned !

Hi Missminnie,

Sorry to hear of your frustration !

While I'm uncertain how this offer applies to UK guests - or if it does. I'm trying to obtain the exact terms of the UK offer. It's my hope that you can print it, and provide to your TA. When I have additional information, I will post again. Stay Tuned !

Thanks Andy

I actually booked direct with Celebrity and it's Celebrity who are not allowing it! Sooooo frustrated as others on here from the UK have been able to take advantage.

Just added the classic package to my reservation for a five night on the Constellation in April.

I had booked through Celebrity over the phone. I did lose my $100 teachers discount and paid the difference in price since the cruise had gone up $9 pp.

Net cost to me was $118. Not bad.

We have a cruise scheduled for this April. Celebrity was willing to give us the promotion, but the cost of our suite went up $1500 pp from when we originally booked about a year ago. So the deal did not make sense for us to change for this sailing.

We have another cruise booked for April 2014 that we made last week. Celebrity gave us the promotion since the price had not changed from last week, and we saved close to $1300 when we chose the beverage package. Great savings!

Celebrity is willing to apply this to already booked sailings, you just need to decide if the price difference makes sense.

Thanks Andy

I actually booked direct with Celebrity and it's Celebrity who are not allowing it! Sooooo frustrated as others on here from the UK have been able to take advantage.

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. I will try to see what I can find out.

I called my on-line TA to see whether I could get this offer. He informed me that they just were informed that they now had to use their on-line system to get this incentive, they were not to call X. They will then get an email in "a couple" weeks with the decision on whether or not the incentive was applied. Any prior X incentive will be lost IF this newer one is applied.

Yesterday, I successfully booked the Pacific coastal cruise that I was looking at. The price was the same. We got prepaid gratuities through our TA and the drink package through the promotion. Our TA was on hold for 35 mins with Celebrity so that is why they are asking for online bookings only. Looks like they are slammed!

We were told that the drink package will show up on our booking 4-6 weeks after our deposit is received. We are very pleased…..Judith

Hi Everyone,

A new Celebrity promotion, 1, 2, 3 Go!, begins on Monday January 7th. It's a generous promotion, which allows you to choose your offer. The 3 offers range from a complimentary Classic Beverage Package for two (with spirits !), complimentary Gratuities, or an OBC ranging from $100-$300, depending on length of sailing.

The fine print :

*To Qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked between Jan. 7-27, 2013 (the “Offer Period”) and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, excluding Celebrity Xpedition cruises, that departs between Feb. 2013 – Apr 2014. Offer only available for ocean view or higher staterooms and for Cruises sold at a Fivestar or Group X price program rate and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings which staterooms are named and fully deposited during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are “Qualifying Bookings.” Qualifying Bookings for a European sailing may choose any two of the following options (all other Qualifying Bookings may choose any one of these options): Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities, or Onboard Credit. Limit of one Offer per stateroom. You must notify Celebrity of the option(s) you chose by Jan 27, 2013. All Guests in stateroom must select the same option. Offer does not apply to interior staterooms. Classic Beverage Package for Two applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water. Server gratuities are included (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $10 per person, per day plus $1.50 beverage gratuity per person, per day by contacting Celebrity Cruises. Terms of Celebrity’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Guest must provide date of birth by Jan. 27, 2013. Free Gratuities Offer applies to two guests per stateroom and provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity’s guidelines. Onboard Credit amount is per stateroom and amount based on the number of cruise nights: 3-5 nights $100; 6-9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise, and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking. To redeem offer contact your Travel professional, or Celebrity Cruises at 1-866-212-2702. For information on this offer visit Celebritycruises.com/chooseyouroffer. . All Offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. No refunds or credits for unused options. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled. Offer not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Cruise portion of cruisetours eligible for Offer based on number of cruise nights. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offer. Refer to Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Travel partners can request the offers by visiting www.cruisingpower.com and selecting the coupon redemption tool available from the booking tools global navigation (booking tools>coupon redemption) and choose the offer(s) from the drop down menu. ©2012 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships registered in Malta and Ecuador.. 12032015 • 12/2012

Can this be combined/used with an Open Passage?

Edited by Jade13

Thanks Andy

Hi Missminnie,

I was advised the 123 Go promotion is not available in the UK. Regarding your comment about UK guests receiving this offer, I suppose it's possible they are booking via US TA's. In your case, if you were to cancel & rebook, it would likely result in penalties, so I'm unable to determine if it makes sense for you.

I wish you all the best of luck in determining the your best path. Enjoy your Cruise !