New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Thanx Host Andy for your reply. I paid in full the day I booked as I said which was 2 days before the promo. I think the issue was a TA who didn't want to make the change....Celebrity told me initially a few weeks back it wasn't an issue. Oh well, guess I'll just have to enjoy my drinks a bit more! All in all we are only talking what....600 bucks difference.

One more sleep!!!!

I'd get the TA to call ASAP. We changed to this promo after we were paid in full. The only thing is you must pay TODAY's rate and have NO other promos at all. If your price is less today than it was when you booked, they should be able to just give you the 123 promo and your price will stay the same. They will not refund you if your price is less. Many people have done this over the last month even past final payment.

You have nothing to lose but I think you just might get it, many others have.

Good luck and let us know if you do get it.

I'd get the TA to call ASAP. We changed to this promo after we were paid in full. The only thing is you must pay TODAY's rate and have NO other promos at all. If your price is less today than it was when you booked, they should be able to just give you the 123 promo and your price will stay the same. They will not refund you if your price is less. Many people have done this over the last month even past final payment.

You have nothing to lose but I think you just might get it, many others have.

Good luck and let us know if you do get it.

Hi Doodlefan,

Under normal circumstances, everything you suggested makes sense. However, as they are sailing tomorrow, there may not be a current rate to upgrade to, as the sailing is almost certainly closed to new bookings at this point.

With that said, you and I definitely agree that it's worth getting in touch with the the TA to see if anything can be done. We hope things will work out, but due to the lateness of all of this, I'm not optimistic.

I hope snowescapee returns, and advises of the outcome. Good Luck !

Edited by Host Andy

I did not use an open passage, and was completely unaware of an OBC being offered by Celebrity. I have no idea what it is for, or how I became eligible and they decided I would want $50 instead of an OBC. Maybe it is the TA's fault. I'm not sure. But Celebrity should have made the TA aware that it was offering that OBC. I wasn't trying to combine with any other offer, and it seems a little sneaky to me that they would give me another offer without telling anyone, as they possibly did it for the purpose of screwing me out of a much more expensive benefit. I may be completely wrong.

We changed our booking to take advantage of the 123Go promotion a few weeks ago.

Finally the classic beverage package showed up on our reservation and I called my TA to upgrade to the premium. He called -X- and they told him that we have to upgrade on board. That due to people having problems with their reservations and upgrades that were done before they were no longer letting people upgrade before.

This is fine with us as we'll have $750 in OBC and prepaid gratuities plus the premium alcohol package on a port intensive Europe cruise so we don't need a while bunch of OBC. I just hope it works.

Has anyone else been told this?

We changed our booking to take advantage of the 123Go promotion a few weeks ago.

Finally the classic beverage package showed up on our reservation and I called my TA to upgrade to the premium. He called -X- and they told him that we have to upgrade on board. That due to people having problems with their reservations and upgrades that were done before they were no longer letting people upgrade before.

This is fine with us as we'll have $750 in OBC and prepaid gratuities plus the premium alcohol package on a port intensive Europe cruise so we don't need a while bunch of OBC. I just hope it works.

Has anyone else been told this?

Reading of these posts, per the advice of previous posters, I was also concerned that my beverage package wasn't listed on my reservation for my cruise scheduled for next month to the Caribbean. I insisted that she call celebrity and she did. Now the premium package shows up. I charged it to my AMEX. It hasn't been added to my other two upcoming cruise reservations yet. I believe that it the future they will be listed as Celebrity is still backlogged loading the information into their system. Do not want to wait until I get onboard. Problems could arise. Had a problem previously with a "free" dinner credit. Do not want to spend time on line going back and fourth with Guest Services.

hi, i tried to do a search in the thread and didn't see the answer to my question.

is there a code for the people that booked the 123 promo under the captain's club triple play for june to august 2013 europe sailings? http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Europe/Cruises/Special_Offers/13032581_CEL_CaptainsClub_Wave_Offer.pdf

i know there are codes for the other sailings that are not the summer europe cruises. i just booked my cruise and the captain club's representative told me there is no code for us and will automatically give us all three offers based on the fact that we have a captain's club member ID attached to the reservation. did anyone hear the same thing or something different?

thank you in advance! i'm really excited since this will be the first time i will be going to europe!

Edited by ang2383

hi, i tried to do a search in the thread and didn't see the answer to my question.

can someone please post their code for the captains club promo that includes all three offers? i am on hold with celebrity since i think my code is wrong. it seems like celebrity is busy since tomorrow is the last day of the promo and i've been on hold for a while.

thank you in advance!

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=choose_your_offer

Call the number on the link above.

Edited by Cruise a holic

hi cruise a holic! thank you for your response. i just edited my question as you were responding. my question is a little different now that i spoke to the representative. the person i first spoke with when i called the link above gave me a code for the beverage package and the gratuities, but when i spoke with the captain's club representative, they took off that code and told me no code is necessary because it will be automatic since my captain's club member ID is linked to my reservation and i will automatically get all three offers.

is this what other captain's club members are being told for the people that booked the captain's club triple play offer? (only june to august 2013 europe sailings).

thank you!

hi cruise a holic! thank you for your response. i just edited my question as you were responding. my question is a little different now that i spoke to the representative. the person i first spoke with when i called the link above gave me a code for the beverage package and the gratuities, but when i spoke with the captain's club representative, they took off that code and told me no code is necessary because it will be automatic since my captain's club member ID is linked to my reservation and i will automatically get all three offers.

is this what other captain's club members are being told for the people that booked the captain's club triple play offer? (only june to august 2013 europe sailings).

thank you!

in case anyone else has the same question as me, i just called back again and they put in the code for me. what the original representative said was correct, but this loyalty rep added in the code just in case.

so the code is WAVL-WAVE LOY - this is for the captain's club triple play where you get all three offers for summer europe 2013 cruises.

Just back from silhouette with 1-2-3 classic drink upgrade....we saw a definite increase in bar crowds all over the ship....that being said we didnt feel we ever waited overly long for a drink...

.we had 2 minor issues using classic....martini bar was not a welcoming place for classic..the waiter we had was unpleasant and did bring me warm small cosmo when asked ....he tried to tell us there was no drinks for us there....we found nicer servers in all other locations...ensemble lounge...passport....sunset....

If you have any specific questions....ide be happy yo try and answer.

Just back from silhouette with 1-2-3 classic drink upgrade....we saw a definite increase in bar crowds all over the ship....that being said we didnt feel we ever waited overly long for a drink...

.we had 2 minor issues using classic....martini bar was not a welcoming place for classic..the waiter we had was unpleasant and did bring me warm small cosmo when asked ....he tried to tell us there was no drinks for us there....we found nicer servers in all other locations...ensemble lounge...passport....sunset....

If you have any specific questions....ide be happy yo try and answer.

Did you try to get any of the specialty coffees or smoothies with the package?

Thanks!:)

Looking at booking Celebrity 7 nt cruise for end of March 2013 & using the 123Go Classic Drink Package. I know there are some wines included in that package. We usually get bottle of wine at dinner each night, but if we get the classic or premium drink package, we will have to get wine by glass at dinner. So my question is will we have any problems getting a 2nd or 3rd glass of wine each during dinner -- will there be a wine waiter around to get us something during the dinner courses??? Usually the waiter & asst waiter seem so busy, just wonder if anyone will be around to get us an additional glass.... (Thanks everyone!)

Looking at booking Celebrity 7 nt cruise for end of March 2013 & using the 123Go Classic Drink Package. I know there are some wines included in that package. We usually get bottle of wine at dinner each night, but if we get the classic or premium drink package, we will have to get wine by glass at dinner. So my question is will we have any problems getting a 2nd or 3rd glass of wine each during dinner -- will there be a wine waiter around to get us something during the dinner courses??? Usually the waiter & asst waiter seem so busy, just wonder if anyone will be around to get us an additional glass.... (Thanks everyone!)

We usually get the sommelier to choose wine for us. He comes by as we are ordering to see what we are eating and then pairs the wine accordingly. Works very well. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Just tell the waiter to make sure your glass doesn't get empty.:)

This appears to be a very unfair promotion. I booked my Silhoutte cruise about August 2012, through Celebrity's local agent here in South Africa. When the promotion appeared I tried to get the beverage package added on. I have been trying for quite some time to get a straight answer, without any success. I speak to the local agent, Celebrity H/O and just get the run around by them saying it is for new bookings only. I think that as a Captains Club Select member we are being discriminated against. It also appears that those passengers living in the USA do not have any problem getting these promotions.In conclusion I would like to state that whilst I enjoy Celebrity ships and cruises I am not at all happy with the administration of these promotions. If I use Celebrity again I will definately not book early but will wait for all the special deals to come out. If I cannot get what I want there are plenty of other cruise lines available.

Johnherm

I will be very glad when this promotion ends as it was not a good deal for us to take on our spring 14 dayer on the Elipse. Celebrity jacked the fares way up after we had already booked. I wish Celebrity had simply put the Beverage Packages on sale. I would very probably risen to the bait then. Do they not realize that the price for a premium package times 14 days is just crazy. I will very likely now drink less as I will have to fight the crowd qued up for drinks every afternoon after they get back on board. The Eclipse is in port 6 days in a row! Come on Celebrity.......

Rob

Funny thing about all this. I have nowsailed 6 or 8 times. I have had a total of one beer in all those sailings. I drink at home, but not very much. On my Princess ones I have twice bought a 'coffee card' and indulged in specialty coffes very occasionally, each 15-hit card lasting me 3 cruises. And beside these things, I have been fine with tea, juice at meals, milk For my cereal, and water.

So now I get this deal for the promo, and the package with it. And all I practically hear about here abouts [lol] is how to maximize this chance. I wonder if this is doing me, or anyone, any real favors. I mean, if you try to 'maximize' your use of this package, won't it actually take away from other things that most of us think are the point of cruising?

If I had wanted to WANT to [lol] have a drunken party for 12 days, I coulda signed on a 'cruise to nowhere' with Carnival of RCI, right?

I am not saying they should not have these promotions. Just nervous about how intense the interest seems to be, perhaps to the exclusion of other aspects of a great cruise.

Now for my important question: Can I get a martini with the Classic if I skip the olive? ROFL :D

Enjoy your cruises;

Doug

Hi:

I booked directly with Celebrity a fall TA with the 1, 2, 3 Promo and selected the Classic drink package.

My booking confirmation has the following two entries which I interpret the "WAV3" to be the drink package.

What is the SLR5-$300 ONBRDCR ? In absence of other information, am I correct to interpret this as a $300 OBC?

SLR5-$300 ONBRDCR 0.00 0.00 0.00

WAV3-WAVE OBC 0.00 0.00 0.00

Thanks,

we were on the Summit last year in Carribean, we are on the Silhouette next Sunday, we bought the Classic package last year and in the Dining Room we selected our wines (from the "by the glass" menu) and once she poured our first glass, she just kept coming back and topping our glasses up, we did not even have to ask - worked fabulously for us as I like white and DH is a Red man - hope it works as well on the Silhouette! (we had to pay for our Classic Package as we did not qualify for the 1,2,3 deal :-(