New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

So, now I'm worried about when this will show in my reservation on the X web site ... I booked with a TA, my invoice says "Complementary Beverage Package" and also a line item "Upgrade" at $80.50 for each of us (we upgraded to the premium package), BUT nothing shows on my reservation on the X website.

Although, the specialty I booked does show on the X website.

Thoughts?

Hi Mary,

Based on what you've described, it's likely nothing to worry about. Many of our members have reported delays on seeing the upgrade on the website. It will probably show up anytime within the next week or two.

If you have any further concerns, I suggest contacting your TA for confirmation. I hope this helps !

I had the same type of issues, and just wanted it dealt with (I booked with a TA but it wasn't getting done continually being told 10 more days...etc.). Thanks to the "warning" thread, I called the number for enhancements given at post #32 of that thread, told them I wanted to pay for the upgrade and it was done in minutes. The charge has gone through on my card, it is in the extras portion of My Celebrity and I got a confirmation email before I even hung up the phone with them.

I'm sure it would have been fine anyway, but nice to have it done and dealt with.

Thank you for the heads up. I've called the number ( 800-722-5941 ) but the centre is closed due to a 'winter storm'.

Will try again later.

I wish it would all be dealt with quickly & efficiently!

It's been weeks since we've been asking for it ... but today we finally got confirmation (via TA) of the premium drink package upgrade for the 123 promo and it now shows up on the cruise extras on our booking. Woohoo.

Seems like the backlog may finally be clearing at X now that the promotion is over.

Hi!

Has anyone tried to upgrade after final payment and after 123 go-promotion to a better stateroom and be able to keep the perks from Celebrity; beverage package and 300$ OBC? I mean upgrading by paying the difference...

Thanks for your help!

Hi Travellerin1984,

It's tough to predict the outcome when it's post final payment. I believe we've had a couple of posts within 37 pages of this thread, which mentioned having success post final payment, but I'm unable to confirm.

Beyond the post final payment concern... What's also important, is that the upgrade rate must be Five Star or GroupX rate. If it's a special rate, such as Resident or Senior, it's a no-go.

Why not give Celebrity (or your TA) a call ? As I always say... You have nothing to lose by asking !

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful Cruise.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi!

Has anyone tried to upgrade after final payment and after 123 go-promotion to a better stateroom and be able to keep the perks from Celebrity; beverage package and 300$ OBC? I mean upgrading by paying the difference...

Thanks for your help!

Yes, we did. We were already past final payment for our April transatlantic and I upgraded us from A2 to A1, no problem at all. HOWEVER...yesterday I noticed that our TA has a suite guarantee for not that much more than Aqua so I called about it. The 123 Go! promotion does not cover guarantee fares so it was a no-go for us. You have to be very careful about upgrading because only certain fare schedules, as Host Andy noted, are eligible.

Yes, we did. We were already past final payment for our April transatlantic and I upgraded us from A2 to A1, no problem at all. HOWEVER...yesterday I noticed that our TA has a suite guarantee for not that much more than Aqua so I called about it. The 123 Go! promotion does not cover guarantee fares so it was a no-go for us. You have to be very careful about upgrading because only certain fare schedules, as Host Andy noted, are eligible.

We are in reserved and paid in full for a March cruise Cat. A1- I want to upgrade to Aqua Suite if prices drop- but if I do, you are stating that I might not get my promotion. So I guess I will not consider the move as the promotion is worthwhile, and we already upgraded to the premium beverage packages and paid a little more. Thanks for the information.

We are in reserved and paid in full for a March cruise Cat. A1- I want to upgrade to Aqua Suite if prices drop- but if I do, you are stating that I might not get my promotion. So I guess I will not consider the move as the promotion is worthwhile, and we already upgraded to the premium beverage packages and paid a little more. Thanks for the information.

Don't automatically assume that you won't be eligible! In our case, I wanted to upgrade to a suite but it was a suite guarantee. That has a different price code. If you see a price drop that interests you, call Celebrity and ask about it. They'll let you know right away if you have to forgo the promotion in order to get the upgrade.

Hi everyone

My partner and I booked our first cruise ever with Celebrity leaving in June from Southhampton. We booked an inside stateroom late last year due to the prices but are now disappointed given the prices of the balcony cabins plus the drinks packages has come right down.

We have called our TA and they have said our deposit cannot be transferred to make a completely new booking and we would have to pay for an upgrade being an additional £1000 to have a balcony and the drinks package. Further the lowest price for that cruise is now around £1900 each.

Does this sound right to people? We don't really know what we are doing so therefore are not sure if we should be pushing harder to get an upgrade and just pay the difference or whether we wait, pay the final amount oustanding and then attempt to upgrade closer to the time?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi everyone

My partner and I booked our first cruise ever with Celebrity leaving in June from Southhampton. We booked an inside stateroom late last year due to the prices but are now disappointed given the prices of the balcony cabins plus the drinks packages has come right down.

We have called our TA and they have said our deposit cannot be transferred to make a completely new booking and we would have to pay for an upgrade being an additional £1000 to have a balcony and the drinks package. Further the lowest price for that cruise is now around £1900 each.

Does this sound right to people? We don't really know what we are doing so therefore are not sure if we should be pushing harder to get an upgrade and just pay the difference or whether we wait, pay the final amount oustanding and then attempt to upgrade closer to the time?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi Jemstar,

If you are asking about 123 GO, the promotion has ended, and was not available to UK guests. For US Guests, you also had to book Oceanview or higher. I've heard that the UK office is currently running other promotions, so you might wish to see what's available.

I hope this helps !

Hi Everyone !

I've received several questions/emails inquiring whether it's possible to continue to upgrade to the Premium package, now that 123 GO has come to an end.

For those who booked during the 123 GO promotion, you are welcome to continue to request the Premium upgrade by contacting Celebrity, or your TA if you booked direct. Celebrity has also reconfirmed that you will be able to upgrade to the Premium package when onboard their ships.

Many of our members have asked what's the best number to call. I've noticed that several folks have reported excellent experiences by calling 1-800-722-5941, so that's the number I'm recommending.

Kudos to Celebrity for making the Premium Upgrade process easy for their Guests who booked 123 GO. I hope this is helpful !

We just got an email directly from Celebrity that shows all of our purchases for our upcoming cruise. Included is our 1, 2, 3 Go! upgrade to premium drink package @ $103.50/person.

Thank God! I guess they got it sorted out. :-)

Thanks to those of you on this thread who mentioned that you had ALL THREE offers added to your bookings as a Captain's Club member. We are Captain's Club members and have a European sailing booked for November but when we added the promotion to our booking I didn't know about the Captian's Club special and they asked us which two we wanted. So a couple days ago when I found out there had been a Captain's Club special that allowed for all three, I contacted them back to see if they could add the third item. Got confirmation today that all three are now on our booking. What a great promotion this was!

Thanks again!

Thanks to those of you on this thread who mentioned that you had ALL THREE offers added to your bookings as a Captain's Club member. We are Captain's Club members and have a European sailing booked for November but when we added the promotion to our booking I didn't know about the Captian's Club special and they asked us which two we wanted. So a couple days ago when I found out there had been a Captain's Club special that allowed for all three, I contacted them back to see if they could add the third item. Got confirmation today that all three are now on our booking. What a great promotion this was!

Thanks again!

I wonder how you got all 3. The Captains Club Triple Play was only supposed to be for SUMMER European sailings only. We are sailing in Europe in May and didn't qualify for all 3 because it was for June to August sailings only. You are lucky!!

Was there any type of Captains Club bonus for Caribbean sailings? Something like get two instead of just one?

(Not that I don't think the one offer was good - it is great! Good enough that I gave up my $100OBC from having booked a future cruise while on board a previous cruise to get one of the 123Go offers. However, worth asking, just in case, I guess).

Thanks!

Mary

Thanks again!

I wonder how you got all 3. The Captains Club Triple Play was only supposed to be for SUMMER European sailings only. We are sailing in Europe in May and didn't qualify for all 3 because it was for June to August sailings only. You are lucky!!

wow, so strange you got it applied to your booking. i hope it went through for you, but the captain's club promo was only for summer 2013 europe sailings from june - august only. what code is on your reservation? i can let you know if it's the correct one.

Edited by ang2383

wow, so strange you got it applied to your booking. i hope it went through for you, but the captain's club promo was only for summer 2013 europe sailings from june - august only. what code is on your reservation? i can let you know if it's the correct one.

This was the 123go! promotion, not the current summer sizzle promotion. The 123go! promotion was valid for any sailing through at least November when booking an OV or higher. And I did notice that there is a current Captain's Club special for the summer sizzle that you get all the offers. But our promotion is the 123go! promo. Guests could choose one of the following on regular cruises, or two of the following on European itineraries. But apparently the Captain's Club special during that promo that ended February 18th was that members got all three ---> classic drink package for two, prepaid gratuities for two, up to $300 obc.

This was the 123go! promotion, not the current summer sizzle promotion. The 123go! promotion was valid for any sailing through at least November when booking an OV or higher. And I did notice that there is a current Captain's Club special for the summer sizzle that you get all the offers. But our promotion is the 123go! promo. Guests could choose one of the following on regular cruises, or two of the following on European itineraries. But apparently the Captain's Club special during that promo that ended February 18th was that members got all three ---> classic drink package for two, prepaid gratuities for two, up to $300 obc.

the 123 go promo you are talking about is the one that i booked. it is only for june to aug sailings from europe. you got lucky you got it applied.

this is the promo http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Europe/Cruises/Special_Offers/13032581_CEL_CaptainsClub_Wave_Offer.pdf

Edited by ang2383

yup, you are correct. it was for summer 2013 europe sailings only.

see link http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Europe/Cruises/Special_Offers/13032581_CEL_CaptainsClub_Wave_Offer.pdf

the 123 go promo you are talking about is the one that i booked. it is only for june to aug sailings from europe. you got lucky you got it applied.

this is the promo http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Europe/Cruises/Special_Offers/13032581_CEL_CaptainsClub_Wave_Offer.pdf

Ok, I see now. I never actually saw the Captain's Club Triple Play offer before now, I had just read here where people had gotten all three. I didn't really know anything else about the restrictions.

But I do remember that the regular 123go! offer WAS for sailings through November, and on any European itinerary you could select TWO of the items. Then I guess the Captain's Club special added a bit more, but only for Summer European sailings.

You are right, I guess I'm lucky they applied it. I emailed my Partner Advocate and asked about it, and she responded today that she had applied all three. She didn't say anything else about it.

Thanks for the link, I appreciated actually being able to see it!

Ok, I see now. I never actually saw the Captain's Club Triple Play offer before now, I had just read here where people had gotten all three. I didn't really know anything else about the restrictions.

But I do remember that the regular 123go! offer WAS for sailings through November, and on any European itinerary you could select TWO of the items. Then I guess the Captain's Club special added a bit more, but only for Summer European sailings.

You are right, I guess I'm lucky they applied it. I emailed my Partner Advocate and asked about it, and she responded today that she had applied all three. She didn't say anything else about it.

Thanks for the link, I appreciated actually being able to see it!

you're welcome for the link! i was confused myself! i'm happy you got it applied with no questions asked! enjoy!

We booked on Tuesday the 12th for the sailing on the 17th and requested the drink package. There were LOTs of errors made, we should have brought a printout of the e-mail from our Celebrity Rep. We were also granted $100 OBC as a share holder credit. When that showed up on Monday, they kicked out our drink package. It was a huge aggravation getting everything straightened out.

My suggestion? TAKE EVERY PIECE OF DOCUMENTATION WITH YOU! It would have saved us quite a few headaches.

Yes, you can easily upgrade your drink package on board! This is especially important if you want to enjoy the Molecular Bar, NONE of their drinks are included in the classic package.

The Silhouette was beautiful and we met some really nice people!

Thank you all for starting this thread and posting all information of this promotion.

My TA wasn't aware of the Captain's club Europe promotion. When I made them aware and they had checked it with Celebrity, the $300 OBC was added!

This is the best deal I've ever had on a cruise!

Again, thank you all!