New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

We will not book onboard again, but will buy passages certificates and book with a TA in the USA. Unfortunately we made an error by actually booking the cruises onboard and we were then in a situation where the option to use a TA in the US was not available. We were not so bothered as we believed that our UK agent would give us our usual 10% discount. Wrong!! No more discounts either. The US will be seeing our future cruise business, then we will be able to get any of the promotions.

Edited by sandancer

Hi Gerry,

I believe you should receive the category upgrade, depending on what category you select, but you will not receive the addtional OBC for booking onboard, as 123 GO is not combinable with other offers.

Andy

We booked 3 cruises on board in February during the last 1,2, 3 go for Aqua 2 and were not offered any upgrades to Aqua 1.

In fact the ONLY advantage was the $200 deposit for each cruise vs. full deposit price.

Edited by chamima

I have seen two dates for expiration of 123 . . . end of March and April. Which is it? If April could I use it for a late april 2014 TA I have in mind?

Paul

The first time it was offered it was end of April, this new offering is end of March.

I have seen two dates for expiration of 123 . . . end of March and April. Which is it? If April could I use it for a late april 2014 TA I have in mind?

Paul

According to the link on X's site, http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=choose_your_offer&ICID=hom_ct_wave2013_1301_spof_gdst_link, it looks like the promo ends 04/15/2013. If this link does not appear correctly, just go to x's site, and wait for the homepage to show the promo.

Have had the premium non alcohol package before but with the Classic Alcohol package on offer is it really worth it??

I mean drinks and spirits up to $8 - while there were a few beers (of which I'm not really a beer drinker) there wasn't from memory many alco drinks under $8 (most cocktails kicked in around $8.95ish and pretty much any glass of wine I drank or looked at kicked in over $8.50).

Or is my memory failing me already (I was only off the Solstice last week).:rolleyes:

Have had the premium non alcohol package before but with the Classic Alcohol package on offer is it really worth it??

I mean drinks and spirits up to $8 - while there were a few beers (of which I'm not really a beer drinker) there wasn't from memory many alco drinks under $8 (most cocktails kicked in around $8.95ish and pretty much any glass of wine I drank or looked at kicked in over $8.50).

Or is my memory failing me already (I was only off the Solstice last week).:rolleyes:

I think it's selective memory since you weren't paying too close attention to it. You will be able to get nearly all simple drinks ie vodka tonic. There are also a decent number of creative drinks eight and under. In addition there is one or two options for each style of wine. I searched on this website for the drink menu to see if it was worth upgrading to premium. There was enough classic options that I am on the fence. Only on the fence so I can go to martini and molecular bar. There were plenty of classic choices to make DW and I happy for eleven nights.

PS. For those booking 123 Go right now. It took five weeks for the package to show up on our reservation. Don't worry and be patient. It will show up.

We've yet to sail, but recently booked a cruise under the 123Go promotion, and did choose the classic package. After some research, realized we would take advantage of the martini and especially molecular bars .... an average of 1 drink a day from molecular covered the upcharge to go to the premium package -- and then the better bottled waters, wines, and coffees were also thrown in. For us it was an easy decision to upgrade from the classic to the premium package.

Mary

I looked at the promotion 123 go and we are very interested with 2014 March break cruise out of San Juan.

We cruised twice before, once with NCL - Alaska in 2007 with a 16 months old baby and this past March Break with Carnival out of Miami (the kid is now 6 yrs old)..

We enjoyed both cruise in different ways.

My question is: does Celebrity have a kid's club similar to Carnival, which my son enjoyed very much and, the suppers in the MDR, is it very formal? Do we need to bring the suit with tie or a clean white shirt with or without tie would do? Do I need to bring my mother-of-the-bride-style dress or a nice dress would do? I don't mind to dress-up but my husband...hiiii... doesn't like it as much, especially the tie and coat.

thx for any info.. :confused:

Is my understanding correct in that if a parent and child are in one cabin, and the parent selects the drink package, the child does not get the drink package even for the non-alcoholic drinks?

Appears we are in the same 'boat'. We have just been advised by TA that neither will get the beverage package and that we should take the obc or gratuities. Come on Celebrity! how about a little flexibility? Even is just the adult got the beverage package.

We were on the cruise(s) before you.

For some reason Celebrity has changed the way the drink prices (and all extras prices)are given to reflect inclusion of the 15% gratuity on the Solstice Australia/NZ sailings.

When we first got on the ship I was upset to see that the $4.50 charge for Specialty Coffees had been raised to $5.25 but after ordering one I figured out what was really going on. I suppose they did it because Aussies are used to the tip being included in the price so thought it would avoid any arguments by presenting it that way.

Anyways, the $8 limit is before gratuity added so that would translate to a $9.20 drink price that you saw.

Edited by chamima

Hi Andy

Originally Posted by Host Andy View Post

Hi Gerry,

I believe you should receive the category upgrade, depending on what category you select, but you will not receive the addtional OBC for booking onboard, as 123 GO is not combinable with other offers.

Andy

We booked 3 cruises on board in February during the last 1,2, 3 go for Aqua 2 and were not offered any upgrades to Aqua 1.

In fact the ONLY advantage was the $200 deposit for each cruise vs. full deposit price.

Should we have been offered an upgrade to A1?

I'd love one of those cabins with the larger balcony.

Appears we are in the same 'boat'. We have just been advised by TA that neither will get the beverage package and that we should take the obc or gratuities. Come on Celebrity! how about a little flexibility? Even is just the adult got the beverage package.

Frzfamly,

You may want your TA to double check w Celebrity. I called Celebrity directly, and they told me that just the adult would get the drink package if the drink package was selected. So your promo pick would benefit just you.

Andy

Hi Karen,

I believe that some upgrades are offered onboard - but not for all categories. I asked about it on Connie last week, and was offered a 1 category upgrade along with 123 GO, but I was asking about an outside cabin on an M-Class ship. However, there are a number of exclusions. I'm fairly certain that upgrades are not offered in Aqua Class (as you mentioned), and from C2 to C1. They may be available for verandas and outside cabins though.

As I always say, "it never hurts to ask" :). I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Karen,

I believe that some upgrades are offered onboard - but not for all categories. I asked about it on Connie last week, and was offered a 1 category upgrade along with 123 GO, but I was asking about an outside cabin on an M-Class ship. However, there are a number of exclusions. I'm fairly certain that upgrades are not offered in Aqua Class (as you mentioned), and from C2 to C1. They may be available for verandas and outside cabins though.

As I always say, "it never hurts to ask" :). I hope this helps !

Thanks!

I didn't think to ask but I definitely will next time!

Hi Andy

Originally Posted by Host Andy View Post

Hi Gerry,

Should we have been offered an upgrade to A1?

I'd love one of those cabins with the larger balcony.

I believe the cabin upgrades are only outside and Veranda.

We were on the Sillie in Feb with the premium package and they STILL took our bottles from us when we came back on the ship in St Thomas. I don't think it makes any sense, but if it makes them feel good, what the heck.

I am not sure that it makes any more sense to allow only passengers who have purchased a premium package to bring bottles on board. They would never know who's is actually going to drink it.

Jagoffee, I guess I've been in the Keys to long. Here you just trust people. Besides, where there is a will there is a way! I know of people that just walk past the monitor and pretend they don't speak English and keep on walking, they don't chase them down.

We were on the Sillie in Feb with the premium package and they STILL took our bottles from us when we came back on the ship in St Thomas. I don't think it makes any sense, but if it makes them feel good, what the heck.

I agree. You'd think they'd be glad to let you drink your own rather than theirs for no charge.

We were on the Summit two weeks ago and in St. Lucia they let us keep them where as in St. Maarten they took them.

We were on the Summit two weeks ago and in St. Lucia they let us keep them where as in St. Maarten they took them.

Better still - My husband and I were in a long line to get back on the ship in Sydney when they decided to open another gangplank in the rear of the ship. I stayed in the original line and he went to the new one. We each had 2 bottles of wine - they took mine and waved him right through. :confused:

Can we combine the two specials? Thanks

Hi Steveweese,

123 GO is not combinable with other Celebrity offers. Is there something specific you had in mind ?