New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Did you get the promotion adjusted after Feb. 18th? I missed out on this!

Yes, it was done today, I requested the adjustment on Feb 19th, I booked my cruise on Feb 15th.

As far as I know, bookings that qualify can be adjusted until Feb 28th.

To qualify, these conditions need to be met:

Booked during the promotion period (last day, Feb 18th)

A European cruise, sailing in June, July or August (my cruise will set sail August 30, so it just qualified)

Captain's Club number provided at time of booking.

Deposit paid by Feb 18th.

I found this PDF. The fine print says it all.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Europe/Cruises/Special_Offers/13032581_CEL_CaptainsClub_Wave_Offer.pdf

Yes, it was done today, I requested the adjustment on Feb 19th, I booked my cruise on Feb 15th.

As far as I know, bookings that qualify can be adjusted until Feb 28th.

To qualify, these conditions need to be met:

Booked during the promotion period (last day, Feb 18th)

A European cruise, sailing in June, July or August (my cruise will set sail August 30, so it just qualified)

Captain's Club number provided at time of booking.

Deposit paid by Feb 18th.

I found this PDF. The fine print says it all.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Europe/Cruises/Special_Offers/13032581_CEL_CaptainsClub_Wave_Offer.pdf

Thank you so much!! I have an email in to my TA! I sure hope I can take advantage of this as well.

Hi

My US. TA contacted Celebrity about Captain's Club being eligible for all three offers but was told that as the price of our cabin had increased since booking we would have to pay the difference to move up from two to three. That wasn't worth it for us. Is Celebrity correct in this?

Thanks

Jim.

Hi

My US. TA contacted Celebrity about Captain's Club being eligible for all three offers but was told that as the price of our cabin had increased since booking we would have to pay the difference to move up from two to three. That wasn't worth it for us. Is Celebrity correct in this?

Thanks

Jim.

Yes - thats correct. You have to pay the prevailing rate.

Once on the ship can you up grade one drink package under the 123 promo or do you have to do both. I req to have one classic and one premium, celebrity stated I have to have both the same. I am book for the summits in nov. I like trying beers and high end boozes...

Hi Partyanimal,

Everything we've heard, suggests that both Guests must upgrade to premium. You cannot have 1 person upgrade to premium in advance. If you want 1 person to upgrade, the only option is to ask once onboard the ship. Never hurts to ask.

I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

We had 1-2-3 for our Feb 17 sailing on the Silhouette. I never bothered to call and upgrade to premium even though we both wanted it. This would have been one of the earliest sailings where anyone had the drink package promotion (started for Feb 1 sailings).

We had no problem whatsoever upgrading. After check in, we stopped at the drink package table that is set up in the port building (before the ship) and were given a receipt for the cost ($161 for 2 including gratuity), and stickers were placed on our cards.

No one in the bar staff will have any idea that you had the drink package because of 1-2-3. Our cards said "CALL" for our original package, our sticker was the same premium sticker anyone would have gotten, and others on the ship who had upgraded in advance had "PALL" listed as their package.

So, there is no way the bar staff is going to stop you from trying to upgrade just one person. However, what may happen is that guest relations may review it, or it may be automated in the computer system that the second person on the reservation would be upgraded automatically.

Lots of people on the ship did have the package because of 1-2-3 and we never saw any issues with overcrowding or poor service.

We had 1-2-3 for our Feb 17 sailing on the Silhouette. I never bothered to call and upgrade to premium even though we both wanted it. This would have been one of the earliest sailings where anyone had the drink package promotion (started for Feb 1 sailings).

We had no problem whatsoever upgrading. After check in, we stopped at the drink package table that is set up in the port building (before the ship) and were given a receipt for the cost ($161 for 2 including gratuity), and stickers were placed on our cards.

No one in the bar staff will have any idea that you had the drink package because of 1-2-3. Our cards said "CALL" for our original package, our sticker was the same premium sticker anyone would have gotten, and others on the ship who had upgraded in advance had "PALL" listed as their package.

So, there is no way the bar staff is going to stop you from trying to upgrade just one person. However, what may happen is that guest relations may review it, or it may be automated in the computer system that the second person on the reservation would be upgraded automatically.

Lots of people on the ship did have the package because of 1-2-3 and we never saw any issues with overcrowding or poor service.

Hi Huskerc,

Thank you for the update. This confirms everything I've posted on here, but it's good to hear from those who have experienced it. I hope you had a wonderful Cruise !

I booked the Reflection for March 30th way back last year and when they offered the 1,2,3 promotion I got my TA to change us to that one even though I had already paid in full (I think). I even had the TA to upgrade to the premium and tried several times in vaid to pay for the upgrade.

Got an email today from Celebrity detailing my Murano purchase and my upgrade to Premium and showing payment pending for alcohol package. I still can't see the package when I go to Celebrity's website nor pay for it but at least it's some type of acknowledgement.

I had the same thing show on my itinerary. I couldn't pay for it either. It is fine. DH called and wound up going ahead and paying for it but it wasn't necessary to do it right then and there. Either way, it's done. It now shows that it was upgraded and purchased (PPL).

I applied the prepaid gratuities offered by the 1-2-3 Sale (I think that is what it was called) to our existing reservation. We had already paid gratuities so the rep said the balance would be adjusted. I received the confirmtion showing WAV2-WAV2 GRAT but the original grats were still listed (as I understood it would till adjusted). This was done Jan. 14 and our cruise isn't until 4-4-14.

I called back a couple of weeks later to check on the status. The rep said that they were very busy and were adjusting things by order of cruise date. Since we're not cruising till next year I understood we'd probably be way down on the list.

OK...with all that being said, my question....

Has anyone else with reservations that far away seen any adjustments made? I don't want to pester them, but don't want it to all through the cracks either.

I think between being bombarded with bookings before the 123 promo ended and the snowstorms hitting ther call center in Arkansas, expect things to take awhile. My booking for 1/31/14 doesn't even show we selected the bev package (although the invoice from our TA reflects it)

I'm not worried about the package. I just posted so others could see how things are going. Previously I had not seen anything from Celebrity pertaining to upgrading my package. It really makes no common sense in this computer age that it take so long for documentation. Not complaining just stating facts

I originally had the wave promotion opting for the drinks package and pre-paid gratuities. When the 1,2,3 promotion was offered I called and was told as a Captain's Club member I would have all three promotions for a June 26, 2013 Europe cruise. It has been 3 weeks and it still is not on my reservation. Wondering if I should call Celebrity?

I'm not worried about the package. I just posted so others could see how things are going. Previously I had not seen anything from Celebrity pertaining to upgrading my package. It really makes no common sense in this computer age that it take so long for documentation. Not complaining just stating facts

You are right, X's website is a dinosaur, but I believe the real issue is the people punching the keys.:D

It's unfortunate, I wish there was a way to confirm it earlier, but a large number of us are in the same boat. I also have a booking for April next year that I'm waiting for something to show, but it doesn't show anything on Celebrity yet. Only have the TA's confirmation.

I applied the prepaid gratuities offered by the 1-2-3 Sale (I think that is what it was called) to our existing reservation. We had already paid gratuities so the rep said the balance would be adjusted. I received the confirmtion showing WAV2-WAV2 GRAT but the original grats were still listed (as I understood it would till adjusted). This was done Jan. 14 and our cruise isn't until 4-4-14.

I called back a couple of weeks later to check on the status. The rep said that they were very busy and were adjusting things by order of cruise date. Since we're not cruising till next year I understood we'd probably be way down on the list.

OK...with all that being said, my question....

Has anyone else with reservations that far away seen any adjustments made? I don't want to pester them, but don't want it to all through the cracks either.

Hi Packedandready,

We've heard reports from members stating that Celebrity is somewhat backlogged on getting the entries in the system. I'd give it a week or two, and check again. Everything should be fine - just takes a little patience right now.

I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

We are sailing this weekend on reflection. I puchased a five bottle wine package as well as a bottle of whiskey for the cabin. Once on board can i "return" all that once on board and buy the premium drink package instead? Who do i see to make the changes? it's too late to do anything now online.

We are sailing this weekend on reflection. I puchased a five bottle wine package as well as a bottle of whiskey for the cabin. Once on board can i "return" all that once on board and buy the premium drink package instead? Who do i see to make the changes? it's too late to do anything now online.

Hi Bob,

You should be able to purchase the premium package once onboard. As for refunding the wine package, I'm not sure on that - however, being that you are purchasing the premium package, perhaps Celebrity will accomodate.

As the last poster mentioned, the folks who can answer this, is Celebrity - so you should probably contact them. Have a wonderful time on Reflection.