getting a hotel near the port everglades area

d1cso4

It all depends on your price range.

Several hotel chains (Best Western)pick you up at the airport free of charge.

Then they bring you to Port Everglade for a nominal fee; usually about 12 per person.

Some hotels will take you there for nothing.

Just enter Hotel in Fort Lauderdale with shuttle service in your web search.

It may take you some time but you will get several choices.

My sister and travelling companion smokes so she insisted on an hotel with a balcony. She has offered to pay the taxi and shuttle services for me. So there you go. This was her choice. The room is reasonable. But breakfast is not included. It is on the beach so we will be enjoying our afternoon and evening

We were wondering about what hotel to stay in the port everglades area. we are taking the Oasis of the Seas.

We stayed at the Hilton Marina and liked the location. The Ft Lauderdale water taxi stops right next to the hotel and you can take it to Las Olas etc... If you have a room facing the port, you can see all the ships.

We are (for the second time) staying at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th, especially like it because 1) excellent walking location to restaurants and stores, and 2) transportation is super easy to arrange for both pre and post cruise :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

We also stayed at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel. Taxi to hotel from airport was $12. Hilton had a sale on at the time and we grabbed a good deal in a Tower room. The tower is a much nicer part to the hotel with stunning views of the waterway and boats below. We stayed in a room with a balcony that looked directly towards Port Everglades and we watched Oasis arrive at 4:45am. It was amazing. A taxi from the hotel to terminal 18 cost $6. Food at the hotel is expensive but we managed to get a deal that included a buffet breakfast. We headed to the terminal around 11am and were on Oasis by 11:30am. Two years later we stayed in the same hotel again but never managed to get a good deal that included breakfast. Instead we walked a few minutes up the road a got a coffee and bagel then pigged out on Allure when we boarded at 11:30am.

We too have stayed at the HI Express a couple of times....next door is the Extended Stay Suites (staying there next month), there is also an Embassy Suites there too. Just down the street is a Marriott Renaissance, stayed there last month.

17th Street is close to port and there's a Walgreens right there, restaurants and Total Wine, so you can pick up those 2 bottles of wine to bring on board!

We stayed at Cambria Suites in Dana Beach. It's a little farther away than some of the hotels that are right near the port, but it was also less expensive, and they provided a shuttle to the port the morning of our sailing and free parking for the duration of the cruise (we drove down from Central Florida the day before).

We were wondering about what hotel to stay in the port everglades area. we are taking the Oasis of the Seas.

Here are a couple of hotels worth considering. The pictures were taken from the deck of the Carnival Freedom ...

D1-3.jpg

D1-4.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how do you plan to take the Oasis OTS without getting caught? :confused:

Last year we stayed at the Crowne Plaza since we got a good deal on Priceline. Have also stayed at the Hyatt Place on 17th. Both were excellent values at the time.

I second the crowne plaza. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. Their staff went above and beyond for us when we were in a bad situation on embarkation day. The shuttle was quick and efficient. Will stay there again!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I am staying at Best Western on 84 state road, its close to a mcdonalds and a liquor store and a few other places. So i am assuming its good. I am not too sure how much the shuttle is but if you google map it and drag to the right you can see the cruise ship ports. So its close

We stay in the Sleep Inn FLL Dania Beach. Good price. Free shuttle from FLL airport to the hotel. Small fee for shuttle or taxi to the port. Trip Advisor will give you alot of good reviews and ideas from fellow cruisers on hotels/motels pre cruise.

I'll add another yes for Embassy Suites.

We enjoyed the Managers cocktail hour with free drinks and snacks as well as the morning breakfast.

The room was spacious and comfortable.

Good location. We walked down in the early morning to see ships arrive, then went back for breakfast, shower, change and depart. They ran shuttles to the port (maybe $12.00-$15.00 for the two of us?)

I'll add another yes for Embassy Suites.

We enjoyed the Managers cocktail hour with free drinks and snacks as well as the morning breakfast.

The room was spacious and comfortable.

Good location. We walked down in the early morning to see ships arrive, then went back for breakfast, shower, change and depart. They ran shuttles to the port (maybe $12.00-$15.00 for the two of us?)

I won't stay at the Embassy Suites agin. The hotel is showing it's age with lot's of worn items throughout the room and hotel. The elevators can't handle the number of people trying to leave in the morning and the elevetors are very slow. It will likely take a couple of elevators to get your family and their luggage to the lobby in the morning. The hotel gets a lot of return crusiers that will stay over a day so the breakfast buffet is very crowded and if there are illness issues on any of the returning ships you will be exposed to them at the buffet before your cruise. They also have a sweethart deal (for the hotel) with the shuttle companies. They really push the shuttle at about $12 - $15/person when that's the price of a cab for several people. I've seen shouting matches between the cabbies and the E hotel staff. No way it makes sense to take the shuttle from the E hotel. The hotel really isn't very cheap and the extra cost isn't worth a beer at happy hour.:(

On our last cruise this past november ..we stayed at a holiday inn express ( port canaveral )..the price was nice and the room was clean, but the hotel could use an overhaul..paint, carpet, expand public areas, etc. we live in the brandon/tampa fl area and won't be flying..but not driving either..just too much driving for holiday..when i drive enough for work. we will be taking the train..did it when we went to miami for the celebrity eclipse. Thanks all for everyone's recommendations.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know the name of the motel that is right has the ship is coming into Port Eveerglades.It's on the right side,I think it has I think it has two buildings with balconies you can watch the ships come in.Thanks

Does anyone know the name of the motel that is right has the ship is coming into Port Eveerglades.It's on the right side,I think it has I think it has two buildings with balconies you can watch the ships come in.Thanks

Those are the Point of Americas condos. You can buy one for $435,000 to $2,395,000 or rent one for $2,500 to $6,000 a month :eek: according to a local realtor's website.