Monarch of the Seas Nov 2003 4 Night cruise out of Los Angeles Some pictures

Our first ever cruise with Royal Caribbean was in Nov 2003, a 4-nighter on Monarch of the Seas, sailing out of Los Angeles. The ship sailed to San Diego, Catalina Island, a port in Mexico and back to LA.

Recently, we looked at our old pictures from 2003 again and it certainly brought back many memories. Not sure if there is any interest for a quick picture review of that cruise. Anyway, I’ll start by posting some pictures and commentary for the fun of it. If the response is good, I’ll continue.

Disclaimer – unlike my more recent reviews, I did not take that many photos during the 2003 cruise. My digital camera then wasn’t very good either. It was a Nikon 3 or 4 megapixel camera. But come on, this was 10 years ago!

We flew from Singapore to Los Angeles on United, via Tokyo.

2ia9j.jpg

Thanks for posting your photos. Our first RCI cruise was on the Soverign of the Seas, a Monarch sister ship. That was back in 1984 shortly after its inauguration and we thought that was the largest, most decadent ship ever. It was a wonderful cruise.

We were on the Monarch when it repositioned from the West Coast to the East Coast. That was a 16 day journey through the Panama Canal. The ports, staff, food and entertainment were terrific.

Last year, we took a 4 day cruise on the Majesty and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Guess that means we sailed every ship in that class.

While we've cruised on more luxurious ships, we have fond memories of our travels on the Sovereign class ships.

Thanks for posting your photos. Our first RCI cruise was on the Soverign of the Seas, a Monarch sister ship. That was back in 1984 shortly after its inauguration and we thought that was the largest, most decadent ship ever. It was a wonderful cruise.

We were on the Monarch when it repositioned from the West Coast to the East Coast. That was a 16 day journey through the Panama Canal. The ports, staff, food and entertainment were terrific.

Last year, we took a 4 day cruise on the Majesty and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Guess that means we sailed every ship in that class.

While we've cruised on more luxurious ships, we have fond memories of our travels on the Sovereign class ships.

Sovereign didn't start cruising until January, 1988.

Archived