Eclipse Tendering in St. Thomas?

Kim

Occasionally one of the Celebrity ships calling on St. Thomas must tender. Usually, however, they dock at Havensight. When there are too many ships there, the other dock area may be used. And when there are still too many, tenders are used but that is not the norm.

When we docked Eurodam in Crown Bay in St Thomas last month, Eclipse was just across the concrete dock from us. I was told that X will probably use the Crown Bay dock a lot because the behemoths of NCL and RCI take up two dock spaces at Havensight.

Occasionally one of the Celebrity ships calling on St. Thomas must tender. Usually, however, they dock at Havensight. When there are too many ships there, the other dock area may be used. And when there are still too many, tenders are used but that is not the norm.

Exactly. On the 11/17/12 Eclipse sailing, we tendered at St Thomas. From all accounts, this was the result of a port snafu, and not Celebrity's fault. That I can recall, it's the first time we ever tendered at St Thomas on a Celebrity ship.

We're sailing on Eclipse in November & our itinerary mentions that we'll be tendered in St. Thomas. However, we'd docked at Havensight on a previous cruise on Equinox. So I'm curious about this, too. Just going to be a busy day in St. Thomas, perhaps?

I'd rather tender at Havensight than dock out at Crown Bay--unless i was going to the beach nearby that side of the port... there were not many stores there when we went & we experienced a wild & curvy taxi ride from town. to return to the ship...guess the driver wanted to rush so he could get more pa$$engers..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgfB8XMqjVg

No it is not true, of tendering. It is true you are to take a tender when you want to head into the shopping. see video.

It's around 6.00 per trip or 8.00 round trip all day. that is the catch.

Dam you are right . Sorry. I thought it said st marten sorry. delete love no editing

Archived