BERMUDA End of SEPT ????????

AIROHS

We've been going to Bermuda every year for the last 10 years in Oct. and once the last week in Sept. The weather has always been great with less humidity than the summer months and the water is always still warm. Technically, hurricane season runs from June 1 to Nov. 30 so there's always a chance. We've chased one and had one on our tail but it was nothing to be concerned about and those times were on the small Zenith. She handled the weather quite well and the bigger ships do even a better job. More times than not, the seas were like glass. Of course YMMV as a friend went and it rained all week.....but they still had a good time. :) Anytime we had rain, and it was only a couple of times, it was only for a short time.

Thinking of booking a 7 night sailing out on sept 29....was wondering about weather conditions in that time space (hurricanes) any feed back would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Don't know if you are on the wrong board but Celebrity does not go to Bermuda at the end of September, the last Celebrity cruise is Sept. 1.

The weather in NJ and in Bermuda should still be hot however totally unpredictable as far as a Hurricane.

Weather is unpredictable, we sailed Royal last October 21 to Bermuda, up and down was smooth as glass, came home to Sandy. September is beautiful in Bermuda, worth the chance.

It should be noted, anytime you sail on a ship anywhere, weather can be a factor, it doesn't have to be a hurricane to be an issue. Rougest cruise I ever experienced was a 7 day NE/Canada out of NYC, we rocked every night in heavy winds and seas.

Weather is unpredictable, we sailed Royal last October 21 to Bermuda, up and down was smooth as glass, came home to Sandy. September is beautiful in Bermuda, worth the chance.

It should be noted, anytime you sail on a ship anywhere, weather can be a factor, it doesn't have to be a hurricane to be an issue. Rougest cruise I ever experienced was a 7 day NE/Canada out of NYC, we rocked every night in heavy winds and seas.

Forgot to mention that a tornado touched down when we were in Bermuda a few years ago.:eek: We were on the bus at the time from Horseshoe Bay back to St. George. By the time we got to St. George, the sun was shining like nothing happened.:)

Forgot to mention that a tornado touched down when we were in Bermuda a few years ago.:eek: We were on the bus at the time from Horseshoe Bay back to St. George. By the time we got to St. George, the sun was shining like nothing happened.:)

We had a great sight on one Bermuda trip, we had a water funnel rather large righ off the ship. Went from pool deck to cabin to get camera, came back and it was gone.

We had a great sight on one Bermuda trip, we had a water funnel rather large righ off the ship. Went from pool deck to cabin to get camera, came back and it was gone.

After having several dolphins stop and put on a show for us during the muster drill, which was on our second morning, I now carry my small camera at all times. Never saw anything interesting since.:(

I've been to Bermuda at least 18 times (only once by cruiseship), and personally would not go during September. I live in Florida, and September is the busiest month for hurricanes, so IMO, it's just not worth the risk.

Archived