Bringing Soda/Water onboard ship

essrule

I am sailing on the Adventure out of San Juan in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone has had any recent problems with getting Soda/Water onboard the ship.

I know this questions has been asked a thousands times, but I searched and haven't seen anything posted recently.

Thanks!

We were on the oasis in Dec. Took a case of soda and water. Once I drink it all, my wife has a suitcase to carry the crap she buys on the cruise home. Put it in checked baggage and you will be fine. You can also bring 2 bottles on wine as well.

Have a great cruise.

We were on the oasis in Dec. Took a case of soda and water. Once I drink it all, my wife has a suitcase to carry the crap she buys on the cruise home. Put it in checked baggage and you will be fine. You can also bring 2 bottles on wine as well.

Have a great cruise.

Do you think you can bring 2 magnums of champagne? I want to get the biggest bang for my buck.

Ellen

Nope. Bottles must be 750 ml.

Thanks, I am taking my first Royal cruise and they seem to be tuff. I am used to NCL and HAL. I really love HAL's policy of bringing on as much wine as you want and only paying a corkage fee if brought outside the room. I also like that you can pre-order alcohol to be delivered to the room.

I was on the Mariner of the Seas a few weeks ago out of Galveston. I tried to check a case of water with my baggage. It was delivered to my stateroom the day before the end of the cruise.

Maybe if you carry the water to your stateroom when you board?

Edited by chermilo

Four cruises in four years with Royal Caribbean and I have always left a case of water outside with the porters. They tag it with my stateroom # and I have always found it outside my room a couple of hours waiting for me.

Sailed a b2b on the Adventure this past March from San Juan. Once you go through security and check-in, then proceed to the waiting area/seats (if you check-in before they are ready to board passengers), port workers handed out advertising/literature soliciting you to go to the back of the waiting area, to a small store in the corner of the building, which appeared to be run by RCCI employees, where you could purchase cases of water and soda. We did not buy any the first week we boarded, but once we docked at the end of the first week, I took a bag, walked off the ship to the waiting area and purchased a case of water and soda and carried it back up the ramp to the ship. They encouraged you to buy it inside the port in San Juan (Pam American Pier) and carry it on the ship.

Can anyone foresee an issue with bringing a few bottles of soda in your carry-on bag? We are flying and carrying everything onto the ship due to our later arrival.

It's usually allowed.

Four cruises in four years with Royal Caribbean and I have always left a case of water outside with the porters. They tag it with my stateroom # and I have always found it outside my room a couple of hours waiting for me.

I have found that it depends on the port. We have taken a case of water...with our cabin number and it was delivered! Other times we were told we had to carry it on!

Sailed a b2b on the Adventure this past March from San Juan. Once you go through security and check-in, then proceed to the waiting area/seats (if you check-in before they are ready to board passengers), port workers handed out advertising/literature soliciting you to go to the back of the waiting area, to a small store in the corner of the building, which appeared to be run by RCCI employees, where you could purchase cases of water and soda. We did not buy any the first week we boarded, but once we docked at the end of the first week, I took a bag, walked off the ship to the waiting area and purchased a case of water and soda and carried it back up the ramp to the ship. They encouraged you to buy it inside the port in San Juan (Pam American Pier) and carry it on the ship.

What was the pricing like, was it about the same as you would pay in San Juan at a store?

any experience with Port Canaveral as far as taking water or the general experience of boarding?

Same question I'm leaving out of PORT CANAVERAL in Feb was wondering if I should put it in my bag and check the soda and water or carry it on with my carry on?

What was the pricing like, was it about the same as you would pay in San Juan at a store?

It was more than a store in San Juan. Drug stores in San Juan are priced similar if not just a bit more than here in the states. At the port in San Juan, if i remember somewhat correctly, I think I bought 1/2 case water and 1/2 case coke for between 15.00 to 20.00. It was expensive, but much cheaper than buying on the ship, per bottled water or soda. It was the convenience of it, to buy it right there inside the terminal after handing off your luggage to the porters. You don't have to drag it through the sometimes long line outside the terminal, along with your luggage. Helpful hint, if you are going to buy in the terminal and carry on the ship, take one or two empty .99 cent reusable grocery bags along to carry it on the ship. Much easier that way.

Mindy

Can anyone foresee an issue with bringing a few bottles of soda in your carry-on bag? We are flying and carrying everything onto the ship due to our later arrival.
Shouldn't be a problem with Royal Caribbean, but I assume that you know that you cannot carry bottles of soda through TSA checkpoints. You may however buy bottles of soda once within your last security area at the airport. Or maybe you are referring to just carrying on RCI a bag previously checked with the airline [soda should be allowed in airline checked bags, but I wouldn't trust the baggage handlers to not break it:eek:]

Thom

I carried an unopened 1-liter bottle of water onboard Oasis at Fort Lauderdale check-in.

It was thoroughly examined at the security check-point, and they determined it was OK to go through because it was sealed/unopened. At one point I thought they were not going to allow it, so I'll pack a bottle in my checked luggage next cruise.