229 Parks Restaurant

fireflymd

If any of you have eaten at this restaurant outside of Denali, and you did not have a rental car, how did you get there?

I have yet to call Denali Taxi/Shuttle to check if we can use them to get from the McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge to this restaurant. Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

Thanks!

Thanks, but we feel the expense is worth it. If the taxi picks us up from the lodge, I don't see how you can call it "convoluted". I'm going to call the taxi service this weekend for more details.

Be sure to let us know what you find out. We traveled the interior of Alaska by car and did eat at 229 Parks Restaurant. We loved it!!!! I hope it will work out for you.

The only other thought would be if you make friends with someone at the hotel who has a car. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I called Denali Taxi & Shuttle service and they said Yes! They would be able to take us back and forth from the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge to the 229 Parks Restaurant. We plan to reserve the taxi (a 15 passenger van) the day before, (and will likely have to plan a return time as well).

I called 229 Parks Restaurant and unfortunately, for medical reasons, they are not open at present but they plan to re-open March 1. I hope all goes well for them.

We are totally prepared for the mediocre "banquet-type" food cruise lines provide, so this should be a nice treat.

fireflymd: Where are you staying -- at the Denali Princess Lodge or at the McKinley Princess Lodge? In your first post on this thread (the one dated January 10th) you ask about a taxi from the McKinley Princess, which is why frugaltravel suggested a rental car. The Denali Princess is located at mile 238 of the Parks Hwy., while the McKinley Princess is at mile 133 of the Parks Hwy.

I called Denali Taxi & Shuttle service and they said Yes! They would be able to take us back and forth from the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge to the 229 Parks Restaurant. We plan to reserve the taxi (a 15 passenger van) the day before, (and will likely have to plan a return time as well).

I called 229 Parks Restaurant and unfortunately, for medical reasons, they are not open at present but they plan to re-open March 1. I hope all goes well for them.

We are totally prepared for the mediocre "banquet-type" food cruise lines provide, so this should be a nice treat.

I, too, hope 229 Parks opens up again. We truly enjoyed our dinner there!! I love their commitment to natural, organic and locally grown foods when they are available. It was truly a treat for us.

fireflymd: Where are you staying -- at the Denali Princess Lodge or at the McKinley Princess Lodge? In your first post on this thread (the one dated January 10th) you ask about a taxi from the McKinley Princess, which is why frugaltravel suggested a rental car. The Denali Princess is located at mile 238 of the Parks Hwy., while the McKinley Princess is at mile 133 of the Parks Hwy.

That's too funny! Yes, I meant the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge. 100 miles to get to a restaurant! That had better be one fabulous meal!

What's the menu like?prices? Went on the web site and could not get any info.

I looked this restaurant up on a popular trip review site (don't recall if I can mention the actual website). The menu apparently changes daily, but you can get an idea of what they serve from the reviews.

I looked this restaurant up on a popular trip review site (don't recall if I can mention the actual website). The menu apparently changes daily, but you can get an idea of what they serve from the reviews.

The only thing you can't mention are names of travel agencies. As far as I know you are okay with a trip review site.

Thanks! I just love TripAdvisor.

I like and use Trip Advisor a lot. I have learned, though, that when reading reviews there are many fake reviews. I keep wanting to see a poster with more and more reviews to their name. I am at the point where I like to see 20 or even more reviews before I consider them to be legitimate.

I like and use Trip Advisor a lot. I have learned, though, that when reading reviews there are many fake reviews. I keep wanting to see a poster with more and more reviews to their name. I am at the point where I like to see 20 or even more reviews before I consider them to be legitimate.

Ah, good to know!

Archived