Red Frog Pubs food worth the extra money?

RAMSJUNKIE887

Yes. And on the Magic one of the times we had food there I ordered something and didn't like it. The waiter noticed I did not eat it and offered to bring me something else instead. I thought that was really nice and something he didn't have to do. I was fully prepared to pay for it since it was not the kitchens fault I didn't like it!

I see that this is going to be an uppgrade on my next Fascination Cruise-are all the apps 3.33?

The Red Frog Pub is currently only available on the Breeze and the Magic and will also be on the Sunshine when she comes out of dry dock in April. Have not seen anything online about any other ships, especially Fantasy Class ships getting retrofitted for the Pub.

The Red Frog Pub is currently only available on the Breeze and the Magic and will also be on the Sunshine when she comes out of dry dock in April. Have not seen anything online about any other ships, especially Fantasy Class ships getting retrofitted for the Pub.

What's the difference between the Red Frog Pub and the Red Frog Rum bar on other ships? I would have thought they're the same.

Red Frog Rum bar is currently on the Conquest, Glory, Liberty, Dream, and Breeze. Carnival acknowledges that the Sunshine will also have the Red Frog Rum bar. While I haven't seen anything about it going in on the Fascination or the Fantasy, it has been widely reported in these forums that the two ships will be getting the Red Frog Rum bar so that had to come from somewhere.

What's the difference between the Red Frog Pub and the Red Frog Rum bar on other ships? I would have thought they're the same.

They're not. On the ships that have them, the Rum Bar is open-air poolside on Lido while the Pub is enclosed on Promenade. The rum bar is drinks only, the pub has limited pay food options.

Sunshine is getting the Pub, not the Rum Bar.

Edited by tef43

They're not. On the ships that have them, the Rum Bar is open-air poolside on Lido while the Pub is enclosed on Promenade. The rum bar is drinks only, the pub has limited pay food options.

Sunshine is getting the Pub, not the Rum Bar.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I just checked the Sunshine's page on the Carnival website, and it looks like it is getting both the Red Frog Pub and the Red Frog Rum Bar.

I think the two similar names have people confused. I know I was.

I just checked the Sunshine's page on the Carnival website, and it looks like it is getting both the Red Frog Pub and the Red Frog Rum Bar.

Might could be. I don't pay a lot of attention to what they are planning for Sunshine, as that is one ship that I have zero interest in sailing on. HUGE Carnival mistake, right up there with the Punchliner Brunch. Edited by tef43

The coconut shrimp was wonderful - great dipping sauce. We went several times on each of our Magic cruises for the shrimp and cocktails. Always had late dining so it was just enough to hold us over . FYI we only needed to get 1 order to split because the portion was generous.

• 10 months later...
The Red Frog Pub is on the Liberty too! I checked it out on the Breeze in Sept., its a winner, so will visit again in Feb. on Liberty!

They didn't have the pub on the Liberty when we sailed (summer 2012), only the RedFrog Rum Bar. The pub is where you can get the $3.33 food - like we had on the Breeze.

Tom