Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

It will also be interesting to see how the fountains work in real life. The integrated shows with music and dance should be very interesting!

8993323682_abe467e01f_o.jpg

I'm be watching for reaction/reviews of this area too.

The Disney Fantasy has an area for adults that is called Satellite Falls, and has lots of lounge chairs and features a circular splash pool with a gently cascading rain curtain in the middle. Rarely on since people complain about getting a little wet due to the breeze. It's in a location that's forward on the ship so maybe that makes it worse.

Perhaps the area on the Royal is better protected.

Joanie

I'm be watching for reaction/reviews of this area too.

The Disney Fantasy has an area for adults that is called Satellite Falls, and has lots of lounge chairs and features a circular splash pool with a gently cascading rain curtain in the middle. Rarely on since people complain about getting a little wet due to the breeze. It's in a location that's forward on the ship so maybe that makes it worse.

Perhaps the area on the Royal is better protected.

Joanie

Hi Joanie!

I saw that on that Disney Fantasy, and not only is it at the front of the ship, it's at the top and on the front of the ship. Not necessarily a good combination.

According to Princess Cruises they have 'across the deck' wind sensors that will tell the fountain operators just how high they can push it without getting the lido pool passengers drizzled on. And since the lido deck fountains are amidship, sunken down below the Sun Deck, and along with the double-height wind screens on most of the entire deck above it should help. We'll find out in the next few cruises just how well all of that works out. :D

I was just looking at the general thread listings for Princess here on CC and see that this thread has over 294,000 views. Out of curiosity, I did a quick view of all the other threads throughout the CC site, not just Princess. This thread, as near as I can determine, is in the #4 slot of all threads (not including CC's stickies) on Cruise Critic. That's pretty remarkable and speaks volumes as to what Dave has created in such a short periiod of time!

Here are the top five overall:

1. Carnival: Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about 1,863,778 views Started July 1, 2004
  2. Holland: Your first cruise ship 504,647 views. Started September 13, 2008
  3. Royal Caribbean: Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide! 470,777 views. Started November 11, 2012
  4. Princess: Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all? 294,398 views Started January 12, 2013
  5. Celebrity: !!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review &Complete Pictorial Guide! 224,146 views Started March 31, 2013

Congratulations Dave, and to everyone that has enjoyed this thread as much as I have.

Joel

Guest arowe6
3/9/14, after getting off the Emerald Princess. At least that's the plan. :D

Another Winter on the Emarald? Oh I am jealous. It's only fair that Sutti is on my Royal cruise instead of the Emerald. :D

-Andrew

Hi Yvonne

Just wondering if there is an Elite/Suite sitting area in the security area.

Thanks

Deborah

Ocean Terminal, usually has a roped off area to the right as you come up the Escalator.

I love Ocean Terminal, a good view of the ship out of the window and greeters as you reach the first floor. You are handed a letter card to determine your group for boarding, or ushered into Priority boarding area. You can then find a seat and relax rather than wait in a queue.

Happy Sailing for all those leaving today, she looks beautiful.

I was just looking at the general thread listings for Princess here on CC and see that this thread has over 294,000 views. Out of curiosity, I did a quick view of all the other threads throughout the CC site, not just Princess.

Joel

Wow, Joel, I was wondering as this thread got larger how it stacked up against other large threads...what an amazing feat! And the biggest Princess thread yet!!

THANKS for the ego booster :o but this thread is not even in the Top 10 of All Time Cruise Critic threads since the beginning.

Just a quick search (using the drop down list at the bottom and selecting 'From the Beginning), and using 'Views' and the gauge, there are over a dozen threads over 300,000:

- Celebrity (2)

- NCL (1)

- Costa (1)

- Carnival (8)

- Princess (1)

- RCI (1)

Total - 14

I think this one that we have created comes in at #15 of All Time. But for only having been in existence for less than 5 months... :o ;)

Hi BrisbaneLionsFan!

I hope this is OK? Still having issues with some decent shots of the port side even after all those great arrival pics...

8994595096_cd5d4aac5a_b.jpg

Hi Dave,

I expect you have lots of pics of RP in Southampton. We arrived yesterday on theQM2 and saw RP in QM2's berth, she sure looks great! I will try to attach some of the pics I took from QM2 for your audience.

Off to visit this amazing ship on Tuesday and then sailing on her next Sunday. Beginning to get very excited. Hopefully we will see her sail tonight through the Solent as we live 5mins away. So envious of those getting on board today, but must be patient, my time will come

Hi Dave,

I expect you have lots of pics of RP in Southampton. We arrived yesterday on theQM2 and saw RP in QM2's berth, she sure looks great! I will try to attach some of the pics I took from QM2 for your audience.

Hi RCNslr!

Most of all the really good detailed pictures of Royal Princess in Southampton are of the starboard side with one or two good ones showing enough detail of the port side. There are a few close ups (under the SeaView Bar or port bow area) but on occasion someones cabin request isn't covered in one of those I resort back to that one new image. And since we have some really nice new images I try to use those instead of anything pre-Southampton.

Hope you had a GREAT cruise on QM2! And I'm glad you got to see Royal Princess! From where QM2 was docked you had a pretty good vantage point during her arrival and turnaround. I hope you had the chance to scan through the official pictures of Royal Princess interiors...

http://www.royalprincesspresspictures.co.uk/?Action=_VC&id=126451602&ppwd=royalprincessnaming

:D

Ocean Terminal, usually has a roped off area to the right as you come up the Escalator.

I love Ocean Terminal, a good view of the ship out of the window and greeters as you reach the first floor. You are handed a letter card to determine your group for boarding, or ushered into Priority boarding area. You can then find a seat and relax rather than wait in a queue.

Happy Sailing for all those leaving today, she looks beautiful.

Thanks. I know the procedure but wanted a definite answer as Yvonne was waiting to board. Each embarkation port seems to do something different!

I hope we get some feed back from those sailing today.

Will we be able to watch her leave this evening anywhere? Would be really cool

I may miss her sail away (via Twitter etc.) since I have to be back at work early tonight :(. I'll be up for a few more hours, so if you or anyone sees anything good please feel free to post it. I'd be most appreciative. That way I can see what I missed. :D

Off to visit this amazing ship on Tuesday and then sailing on her next Sunday. Beginning to get very excited. Hopefully we will see her sail tonight through the Solent as we live 5mins away. So envious of those getting on board today, but must be patient, my time will come

Take lots of pictures! Wish I was there too.... ;)

I will be there on Tuesday also before sailing on Sunday - really looking forward to it. I live in London, so will get the train down.

THANKS for the ego booster :o but this thread is not even in the Top 10 of All Time Cruise Critic threads since the beginning.

Just a quick search (using the drop down list at the bottom and selecting 'From the Beginning), and using 'Views' and the gauge, there are over a dozen threads over 300,000:

- Celebrity (2)

- NCL (1)

- Costa (1)

- Carnival (8)

- Princess (1)

- RCI (1)

Total - 14

I think this one that we have created comes in at #15 of All Time. But for only having been in existence for less than 5 months... :o ;)

Wow, you went much further in your search than I. Still, #15 in views for all threads from the beginning of CC is extremely impressive! The information contained here and the positive vibes will only continue to drive the count higher.

Wow, those cabins under the sky walk are scarily not private, lol. Especially the ones right under it...you can see quite a few feet into the cabin if the lighting conditions are aligned correctly...

Still waiting for boarding to begin! I'll let you know as soon as I have anything to report.

Yvonne

OMG!!! Yvonne I am so excited for you and everyone else right now!!! I SOOOO wish I was there, lol!

...I think this one that we have created comes in at #15 of All Time. But for only having been in existence for less than 5 months... :o ;)

Nah, it's #1 in OUR eyes! :D

Video tour from yesterday :)

Bet it will be hard to get one of those seats at the seaview bar!!

Thanks for the link strummer, I enjoyed seeing, almost like being on the upper decks. :)

Archived