Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

The Sanctuary is booked on the day of embarkation for Full Cruise reservations only. Meaning if you want to book it for the duration of your cruise, that is the day. If you want to book it for a Full Single Day or Half-day you have to go up on the morning of that day to check availability.

Good morning Dave,

Wow - say it isn't so.

When I spoke to a Princess Customer Service Rep a few months ago she told me to go up to the Sanctuary as soon as we get on the ship to sign up for a morning or an afternoon. Our TA basically told us the same thing. Neither indicated that one had to reserve a space for the entire cruise on embarkation day.

So - what is the likelihood that loungers will be available for a single sea day? Also - people have mentioned getting a lounger not in the sun. I thought all of the Sanctuary was covered, the idea being that everything is in the shade.

Should I lower my expectation of being able to spend a morning in the Sanctuary on a sea day?

Time for sleep now - Thanks so much.

K

Try again, i hve just made it public - hope i have done this correctly!

It must be an iPhone problem...from Safari (web browser) it says "not available on this platform" & from the CC app (TapaTalk) it says not available for mobile use.

Oh well...I'll view it from my PC at another time. :o

Good morning Dave' date='

Wow - say it isn't so.

When I spoke to a Princess Customer Service Rep a few months ago she told me to go up to the Sanctuary as soon as we get on the ship to sign up for a morning or an afternoon. Our TA basically told us the same thing. Neither indicated that one had to reserve a space for the entire cruise on embarkation day.

So - what is the likelihood that loungers will be available for a single sea day? Also - people have mentioned getting a lounger not in the sun. I thought all of the Sanctuary was covered, the idea being that everything is in the shade.

Should I lower my expectation of being able to spend a morning in the Sanctuary on a sea day?

Time for sleep now - Thanks so much.

K[/quote']

There are plenty of pictures out there that show the two main paths (port and starboard sides) leading up to the main core of The Sanctuary is in the open unshaded part. Some people prefer being in the sun, some in the shade. The Sanctuary offers both.

As for reservations, this is the way I had understood it to be on all Princess Cruises ships. Half-day or a single full day was reserved on the morning you wanted to use the venue. I have read on some reviews that The Sanctuary on some ships sell out the first day for the entire cruise and that partial/single days were not made available. It depends on how popular The Sanctuary is on Royal Princess as to whether someone gets their spot reserved.

Hey Dave

Yes, I am still awake lol ...only a bit longer to wait for the ceremony!!!

Again, thanks a million for all your (& many others) updates, pics, videos, and POSiTiVe vibes for ths beautiful ship!

Just a quick question, are reservations for the Enclave also have to be made the day of or can they be made on embarcation day?

Thanks, and enjoy the ceremony, one perk for you working the midnight shift::D:D

Linda

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi All

Media here starting to film and chat about the volume of media here in Southampton looks like where ever you are in the world you will hear about Royal Princess expect some very happy folks in Carnival House

Yours Shogun

Hey Dave

Yes, I am still awake lol ...only a bit longer to wait for the ceremony!!!

Again, thanks a million for all your (& many others) updates, pics, videos, and POSiTiVe vibes for ths beautiful ship!

Just a quick question, are reservations for the Enclave also have to be made the day of or can they be made on embarcation day?

Thanks, and enjoy the ceremony, one perk for you working the midnight shift::D:D

Linda

Hi Linda!

I'm guessing that the Enclave at Lotus Spa would work the same as other onboard reservations for the use of spa facilities except you cannot book them in advance yet. Once you board the ship head for the Spa Reception Desk or any table that the Spa personnel have set up and book for whatever day you want.

I have my tea and my iPad and am sitting on the patio ready to watch the christening! How exciting! Thank you again Dave! I never would have been so invested in "Everything Royal" (pun definitely intended!) without this great thread! :)

Archived