Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

And Thank you to ALL of you for such a great and amazing thread. So many wonderful people and such incredible teamwork. We have accomplished something very special, and we can all be proud of it!!!! :D:D:D

THANK YOU!!!

Our sincere thanks to YOU!!

You've helped us all start each morning with smiles and wonder as we catch up on your night of revealing new pictures and facts.

& my Thanks to Everyone on this thread who has kept it so POSITIVE. It's been a pleasure to read all of your posts and contributions. Can't wait to be on the Royal Princess in December, and hope to meet some of you on board....

Many Thanks :)

sue

Re the negative reviews...I actually don't mind them. I usually find that most of what people don't like, isn't actually important to me anyway, so I take them with a grain of salt. At least I'll be prepared for smaller balconies and cabins, so it won't be so negative when I get there, lol.

Well, so far this shipped has been ripped in reviews. I don't get too wound up in them either. There are two of us in a balcony cabin and two chairs and a table is all I need. However, there are constructive things coming out of the reviews. I suppose I wouldn't book a cabin that is overlooked by the Sea Walk. People say there is too much intrusion of privacy of some cabins. We are the last cabin on the AFT starboard side before the suites and not anywhere near the sea walk. If we were, I might consider moving.

I don't think reviews of 2-day cruises are enough to go on. I'd like to see the reviews of the first real cruises of a week or more.

Well, so far this shipped has been ripped in reviews. I don't get too wound up in them either. There are two of us in a balcony cabin and two chairs and a table is all I need. However, there are constructive things coming out of the reviews. I suppose I wouldn't book a cabin that is overlooked by the Sea Walk. People say there is too much intrusion of privacy of some cabins. We are the last cabin on the AFT starboard side before the suites and not anywhere near the sea walk. If we were, I might consider moving.

I don't think reviews of 2-day cruises are enough to go on. I'd like to see the reviews of the first real cruises of a week or more.

I totally agree! We've booked one of those "in question" corner minis on the Lido deck for next year. We make good use of our balcony, even so, the smaller balcony will still be perfect for gazing at the ocean which is what I do for hours on end sometimes, lol.

How many reviews have their been? I only see the one review on here. The pictures I have seen so far show a very beautiful ship. I can't wait to see her in October

Congrats, Dave for hitting 5000 on a special day! What a wonderful journey it has been and I got emotional when I read your message and saw the pictures of the naming ceremony posted here! Thank you once again for all your tireless efforts and pumping up the excitement for this magnificent ship. I think the marketing and customer relation departments of Princess can learn a thing or two from you :-)

Charlene

Dave i'm still hysterically crying over all the posts. This could be the happiest day of my life.

God bless you Dave for all your hard work. You're a saint in my book. I still cant control my tears.

How many reviews have their been? I only see the one review on here. The pictures I have seen so far show a very beautiful ship. I can't wait to see her in October

There are a couple of threads on the Princess boards. This one is the most informative.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1861767

Of course, this is from another of the "how dare you take away my promenade wrap around" crowd. Review is balanced, but this person had one meal and it was in Horizon Court. How good of a feel do you get with just that. It's more of a first impression rather than a review since it was a tour and not a cruise.

As a future cruiser on the Royal Princess, I have enjoyed every post on this thread. I didn't know when I would have the opportunity to sail on the Royal, then I found she was sailing the 7 day New England Cruise in 2014 and I found my opportunity. I am so excited to be able to book this cruise. Thank you Dave for your committment to this thread. Your information, pictures, threads and answers have been invaluable! I am so happy post "5000" was dedicated to you and that you got home in time to post. I am looking forward to hearing more from you and others as they make those maiden voyages.

Dave, if you are still doing arrow photos, I would love a pic of D312. I wanted a deluxe, but for now Princess is not releasing those cabins, they are only on a guarantee, and I am not one that can wait until just before sailing to know where my cabin will be.

Everyone, enjoy your voyages on the Royal and be sure to post your thought and pictures. I have a long wait so I will have to enjoy it through all of you.

Tracey

So much fun that I did get up on the right day and loved it. Now who was that cute little boy and what was in the blue package.

Many years ago my mother got to christen a Russian container ship. She had to swing several times. I once christened a former lifeboat from the SS Norway before it went to serve a poor Haitian community. All send offs are joyous.

So much fun that I did get up on the right day and loved it. Now who was that cute little boy and what was in the blue package.

a family from one of the Royals charities....

A bereaved family, who received care and support from EACH, were playing a part in the naming ceremony.

Alie Rowbotham, from Milton near Cambridge, along with her children Izzie, 15 and Charlie, 8, and their dad Mick, were there and the two children were due to present the Duchess with a pair of scissors to cut the rope before the bottle break.

Their brother George died aged 21 months after developing a brain tumour in 2003.

Alie said: “Izzie and Charlie will be giving scissors to HRH The Duchess of Cambridge to cut the ribbon. I would quite like to be able to mention all the amazing support that we have had from family and friends with EACH events since my son George died.

here is a link to the article....

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/407241/Pregnant-Kate-s-last-solo-public-appearance-ends-in-a-smash-as-she-launches-cruise-ship

a family from one of the Royals charities....

A bereaved family, who received care and support from EACH, were playing a part in the naming ceremony.

Alie Rowbotham, from Milton near Cambridge, along with her children Izzie, 15 and Charlie, 8, and their dad Mick, were there and the two children were due to present the Duchess with a pair of scissors to cut the rope before the bottle break.

Their brother George died aged 21 months after developing a brain tumour in 2003.

Alie said: “Izzie and Charlie will be giving scissors to HRH The Duchess of Cambridge to cut the ribbon. I would quite like to be able to mention all the amazing support that we have had from family and friends with EACH events since my son George died.

here is a link to the article....

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/407241/Pregnant-Kate-s-last-solo-public-appearance-ends-in-a-smash-as-she-launches-cruise-ship

There I go again with the tears. I noticed how long she spoke to the two children, again with such Grace and attention, she is going to make a wonderful mother!!

I follow royalty boards even more than cruising boards. Here's a nice blog post about today's christening.

http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.ie/

There are several links to British papers on this board:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/duchess-of-cambridge-current-events-3-5-january-2013-a-34366-49.html

ETA: I have to admit, it's kind of surreal, to see these two, normally distinct areas of my interests meld into one on this occasion.

There I go again with the tears. I noticed how long she spoke to the two children, again with such Grace and attention, she is going to make a wonderful mother!!

When Kate said " May G-d bless the Royal Princess and all who sail on her", I teared up knowing my DW and I were going to one of those many lucky people who will get to sail on her. How lucky we are to have been blessed by Princess Kate.

Congratulations Dave on 5000 posts! I missed the festivities this morning but just finished catching up and watching the naming ceremony. Got a charge out of Captain Draper's invitation to the Duchess to board "his" ship. :)

Read quite a few posts about bench seating in the dining room on Royal Princess. We requested a table for 2. Hope this isn't a silly question but what is bench seating in the dining room? I've been on 30+ cruises and never seen bench seating. Thank you for all your posts :)

Read quite a few posts about bench seating in the dining room on Royal Princess. We requested a table for 2. Hope this isn't a silly question but what is bench seating in the dining room? I've been on 30+ cruises and never seen bench seating. Thank you for all your posts :)

Yes, there is a lot of bench seating. One person sits at the banquette and the other across from him/her on a regular chair. When you are seated that way you are VERY close to the next table.

Archived