Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

I'm really glad that everyone enjoyed Andrew's pictures! He is indeed a great photographer and I have admired his works for several years.

I also want to provide a link to the thread with Host Sharon's great pictures as well. There were a lot of different angles and images we had not seen before and are not to be missed. :D

Pictures by Sharon Poole:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1861742

Nice to see CD Ron Goodman and Maitre D Fabio Mercotti in one of the pictures. Makes it feel like it will be a homecoming. Chef Shaun Condon was also supposed to be aboard. Met chef Shaun on the Ruby and I was so impressed what a nice person he was.

Hi All! New to this thread (amazing!) and Princess. I'm looking at the forward Mini-suites that appear to have a wrap-around balcony, L108 specifically. The price is great but I can't determine the layout or if the balcony wraps. Any insight would be appreciated. Also, any perks for mini suites? Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been covered. I did a search!

Minis do not get perks. A glass of champagne, if your steward brings it.

to our wonderful captain dave who steered this blog from the royal princess embryonic stage, the keel setting to its birth, to yesterday's naming ceremony. And to all those who posted, a big thank you!. Even though we have not met, we all became friends.. Dave, we are on the dec. 8 cruise also. Would you be able to post a time and date at the service desk area so we will know where and when to meet our cruise friends after you board.

Thanks again to all.

The kids

hi kids are you signed up on the dec 8 roll call? I don't know how to link the page but please feel free to join us.

I don't know if this is the best way, but I always just highlight the URL, copy it (Ctrl-c) and then paste it in the message. Here is the link for the Dec. 8 roll call (see you there)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1627412

note to dave: I think you should have a life size pic with drink in hand made up to be placed around the ship so everyone can have their pic taken with you:d

lol

Hi All! New to this thread (amazing!) and Princess. I'm looking at the forward Mini-suites that appear to have a wrap-around balcony, L108 specifically. The price is great but I can't determine the layout or if the balcony wraps. Any insight would be appreciated. Also, any perks for mini suites? Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been covered. I did a search!

I realize this topic may have been talked to death but I would really appreciate if someone could give some helpful insights :D

Thank you for continuing to make my day with this amazing thread, the photos just keep getting better, and better.. You have made

the wait for the Oct. TA much more exciting... even my husband checks for your reports, something he Never does....Thanks again

Christine

Would love to know more about the Sanctuary! Cost per day or length of cruise? Times?

Thanks,

Joanne

Hi Joanne,

Most of this information is readily available on the Princess Cruises website.

"The Sanctuary – Passengers can relax on luxurious plush lounge chairs or circular daybeds, while Serenity Stewards provide healthy refreshments and music players with peaceful music. Space in The Sanctuary can be reserved for $15 for a half day/$25 for a full day, per person.

Sanctuary Cabanas – Within The Sanctuary, four new Sanctuary Cabanas offer an even more exclusive and special experience with amenities such as a personal television with noise-reducing wireless headphones, cushy sofas, luxurious robe and slippers, a welcome cocktail, and healthy snacks including nuts, and dried and fresh fruit. The cabana also features a fully stocked mini-bar with refreshing waters and sodas, as well as a choice of alcoholic options, including beer or wine. Sanctuary Cabanas will be available beginning at $80 for a half day."

I believe the half-day times run from 9a-1p or 1p-5p. Those with full-day reservations can apparently use the facility at any time even though it may not be staffed after hours. It is unknown yet if any discounts will be given for those who book the entire voyage.

I realize this topic may have been talked to death but I would really appreciate if someone could give some helpful insights :D

There has only been one really good picture post-arrival into Southampton that shows these balconies. The assumption is that they do wrap around and balcony furniture can be easily be seen. There appear to be no restrictions is access to the entire balcony area.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3760/9006641805_e1da95b462_o.jpg

Dave, thanks for the great pictures from Andrew! Which type balcony cabin was in the photo? Thanks! :p

The very first picture on Post 5184 is a Standard Balcony stateroom. :D

Andrew just sent me an email saying he was in Cabin D123 which is a BE category.

(Thanks Andrew! ;))

The very first picture on Post 5184 is a Standard Balcony stateroom. :D

Andrew just sent me an email saying he was in Cabin D123 which is a BE category.

(Thanks Andrew! ;))

Thanks for your very quick response. My cabin mate will be over soon and I can show her what our cabin will look like! :p

Would love to know more about the Sanctuary! Cost per day or length of cruise? Times?
Morning is 8:00-12:30pm, afternoon is 1:00-5:00pm. Afternoon tea is served at about 3:15pm. Currently, the cost is $10/half-day, $20/full day. If you book the entire cruise, it's usually $15/day although apparently, some ships don't give you a break. With the Royal Princess, the cost is going up to $15/half-day, $25/full day. I don't know if the cost is going up for all ships or just the Royal.

Hi Joanne,

Most of this information is readily available on the Princess Cruises website.

"The Sanctuary – Passengers can relax on luxurious plush lounge chairs or circular daybeds, while Serenity Stewards provide healthy refreshments and music players with peaceful music. Space in The Sanctuary can be reserved for $15 for a half day/$25 for a full day, per person.

Sanctuary Cabanas – Within The Sanctuary, four new Sanctuary Cabanas offer an even more exclusive and special experience with amenities such as a personal television with noise-reducing wireless headphones, cushy sofas, luxurious robe and slippers, a welcome cocktail, and healthy snacks including nuts, and dried and fresh fruit. The cabana also features a fully stocked mini-bar with refreshing waters and sodas, as well as a choice of alcoholic options, including beer or wine. Sanctuary Cabanas will be available beginning at $80 for a half day."

I believe the half-day times run from 9a-1p or 1p-5p. Those with full-day reservations can apparently use the facility at any time even though it may not be staffed after hours. It is unknown yet if any discounts will be given for those who book the entire voyage.

There has only been one really good picture post-arrival into Southampton that shows these balconies. The assumption is that they do wrap around and balcony furniture can be easily be seen. There appear to be no restrictions is access to the entire balcony area.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3760/9006641805_e1da95b462_o.jpg

Thank you so much for the info. !!

Do you happen to know if you can book the cabanas before sailing?

Thank you so much for the info. !!

Do you happen to know if you can book the cabanas before sailing?

Pam gave the correct times for The Sanctuary. I was off by a bit but every minute counts! ;)

And neither The Sanctuary or the Cabanas can be booked in advance. Head up there ASAP on embarkation day to reserve yours. :D

Pam gave the correct times for The Sanctuary. I was off by a bit but every minute counts! ;)

And neither The Sanctuary or the Cabanas can be booked in advance. Head up there ASAP on embarkation day to reserve yours. :D

Thank you again. I really appreciate it

I realize that so many of you are seasoned cruisers with lengthy voyages under your belt, but DH just agreed to extend our Thanksgiving cruise on the Royal to a B2B and I am just over the moon excited!! :D:D

This will be our first time cruising for more than 7 days and to get to do so on the Royal just makes my day, month, year :D

Dave, we'll look for you at Bellini's and will be honored to buy you a drink!

(Sorry for my happy dance rant, back to normally scheduled programming):)

Note that even though the afternoon ends at 5:00pm, you can stay in "your" lounger later. The attendants will leave at 5:00pm.

I realize that so many of you are seasoned cruisers with lengthy voyages under your belt, but DH just agreed to extend our Thanksgiving cruise on the Royal to a B2B and I am just over the moon excited!! :D:D

This will be our first time cruising for more than 7 days and to get to do so on the Royal just makes my day, month, year :D

Dave, we'll look for you at Bellini's and will be honored to buy you a drink!

(Sorry for my happy dance rant, back to normally scheduled programming):)

Happy dance rants are always welcome! dancingguy.gif

Morning is 8:00-12:30pm, afternoon is 1:00-5:00pm. Afternoon tea is served at about 3:15pm. Currently, the cost is $10/half-day, $20/full day. If you book the entire cruise, it's usually $15/day although apparently, some ships don't give you a break. With the Royal Princess, the cost is going up to $15/half-day, $25/full day. I don't know if the cost is going up for all ships or just the Royal.

Thanks again Pam!!!

Archived