Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

I'm really glad that everyone enjoyed Andrew's pictures! He is indeed a great photographer and I have admired his works for several years.

I also want to provide a link to the thread with Host Sharon's great pictures as well. There were a lot of different angles and images we had not seen before and are not to be missed. :D

Pictures by Sharon Poole:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1861742

Fantastic photos by both Andrew and Sharon. I love the amount of space outside but under cover. I can see a number of places that I would call home during my cruise.

THANKS for the info Pam! I hope to be able to use The Sanctuary on Royal Princess a couple of times. :D

And bachcruise, I hope you sail on the Royal Princess too! She certainly looks beautiful!!!

I realize that so many of you are seasoned cruisers with lengthy voyages under your belt, but DH just agreed to extend our Thanksgiving cruise on the Royal to a B2B and I am just over the moon excited!! :D:D

This will be our first time cruising for more than 7 days and to get to do so on the Royal just makes my day, month, year :D

Dave, we'll look for you at Bellini's and will be honored to buy you a drink!

(Sorry for my happy dance rant, back to normally scheduled programming):)

Very cool!!! Congratulations on the B2B! As mom33 said, Happy dance rants are always welcome!

I don't know if you remember the little 'dining schedule' that was posted earlier in the thread, but I knew then that it would take more than a week to fully enjoy all of the dining and entertainment options on the ship. The first week someone can enjoy the MDR every night for dinner, then the second week use the casual dining options and relax. I hadn't planned on bringing a suit but now that I'll be eating in one of the beautiful MDR's for a week I've reconfigured my packing plans. And there's still 169 days left before I embark!

See you on the ship!!! :D

Just passing Ryde on her way back to Southampton.

That's the next to last time she'll appear on that web cam! :(

I just want to say a big thank you to Dave and all you positive minded people out there.

I just booked a BtoB in November on the 'Royal'....

I can't wait to cruise on this ship and enjoy every aspect.

All the best

Wellpark

Congratulations!!! Another B2B cruiser! :D

I think this B2B thing is starting to catch on! ;)

TODAY is the Maiden Voyage to Barcelona for Royal Princess!!! :D:D:D

Bon Voyage!!!

:D

9055690276_d39bed63d0_b.jpg

thankyou for such a great thread .

today is here and after watching the royal from keel laying , so looking forward to joining her today for the maiden voyage .

this thread has been the best info anywhere on the royal princess .

happy cruising

Hi Dave,

Is there a pic anywhere of the outdoor promenade area, either Facets or Crooners other than from the Seaview bar or seawalk? preferably from the promenade. It looks like a great spot to have my 5pm Cappuccino! We will be on board on 5th July, getting excited!!!!!

Hi Dave,

Is there a pic anywhere of the outdoor promenade area, either Facets or Crooners other than from the Seaview bar or seawalk? preferably from the promenade. It looks like a great spot to have my 5pm Cappuccino! We will be on board on 5th July, getting excited!!!!!

No 'ground level' pictures that I can recall, only ones as seen from above when taken from SkyWalk or SeaView Bar like this one...

HERE

Have a great cruise! Love that itinerary too and it will be very nice to come 'home' every evening to a brand new ship! :D

Thanks dave,

I really hope I can have my Coffee out there, I like the Idea of table and chairs on promenade ( I must confess that the promenade is my favourite area of ship, yet it is mostly under utilised by cruiselines) We board on the 5th and we sail out of Venice on the 6th at 8am which id my daughters 21st B/day. To say we are excited is a huge understatement. I have silently read your thread, and you are to be congratulated on your hard work and your passion. :)

She's got 4 more cruises to do and then it's us. Excited is a massive understatement....:D:D:D

To everyone who's on the Royal before us have a great time and keep up the good work with info.

The only thing I'm waiting for info on now is the wine packages, I know they are available but if anyone sailing prior to us could find out if you can use the packages in Vines as well as the dining rooms I would be very grateful.

We are gone for two weeks on a cruise and the are 80 pages to read :eek: We selected the wrong time for a cruise but the weather and ports on our Baltic cruise were fantastic :)

Welcome back Brian!!! To make it easier I think the Southampton arrival starts around 198 or so... ;)

Fantastic photos! I found my spot on the Promenade deck... with all that comfortable seating and my Kindle, I will be one happy passenger! Aft, starboard...:D

Thank you Dave for those wonderful photographs!

I agree. Dave thanks for these pictures. I have one year to go before we sail. Seeing all these pictures well I want to go now.

Also I have a few pages of reading to catch up on. All the folks on this thread and cruise critic, you are the best!!!!!

Alene

Can one move the lounge chaise out of the cabana if it is in the shade?

I would think not. The reason being is that most of the rest of the entire Retreat area is completely covered in blue loungers and there would be no place to move it. They also want to keep the walkways clear. Also they probably want to keep them inside the cabana just to keep all the loungers where they belong. Same goes for The Sanctuary.

Thanks for sharing those awesome photos from your friend Andrew. Princess has put a lot more effort into lighting both insider and on the outside decks on the Royal compared to any of it's other ships. I'm hoping to book a seven day cruise for the end of January as soon as my friends and my parents can commit to the date. :D

To everyone boarding the ship today, have a wonderful maiden cruise, nay you have smooth sailing.

I realize that so many of you are seasoned cruisers with lengthy voyages under your belt, but DH just agreed to extend our Thanksgiving cruise on the Royal to a B2B and I am just over the moon excited!! :D:D

This will be our first time cruising for more than 7 days and to get to do so on the Royal just makes my day, month, year :D

Dave, we'll look for you at Bellini's and will be honored to buy you a drink!

(Sorry for my happy dance rant, back to normally scheduled programming):)

First, let me say how happy I am for you!! Secondly, happiness is "contagious" - and this happy thread has already "infected" a ton of people, so no worries there ! Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, after all these months and all these posts-we ARE Everything Royal Princess.

So if we get excited or talk about anniversaries, cats, and how our day went - it's all good. That's part of our normally scheduled programming too. I always enjoy when people share part of themselves on this thread.

Thanks dave,

I really hope I can have my Coffee out there, I like the Idea of table and chairs on promenade ( I must confess that the promenade is my favourite area of ship, yet it is mostly under utilised by cruiselines) We board on the 5th and we sail out of Venice on the 6th at 8am which id my daughters 21st B/day. To say we are excited is a huge understatement. I have silently read your thread, and you are to be congratulated on your hard work and your passion. :)

wow, that will be a birthday she will never forget !! You are an awesome parent !!

Just Back from the 2nd Preview cruise.

Overall thoughts on the new ship are - Very Nice Indeed!!

I loved the new Atrium, Retreat/Sanctuary area and Lotus Spa - each were stunning - Atrium was my favourite part of the ship. The main pool area was also very nice and the new water fountain was different! I enjoyed it.

The sea view walk was a nice feature, even though I have a horrid fear of heights, so I didn’t hang about! The sea view bar is really nice. It's big and in a great location.

The theatre is nice and modern, I really liked the colour scheme.

Horizon Court & Horizon Bistro are so much better. Again, nice and modern with great lighting. The pastry shop was good, however princess need to improve on the pastries! Good but the same old stuff! The best thing in the pastry shop was the chocolate fondu!!! OMG!!! Multiple visits made!!!

Our balcony L118 was fine. Nothing to shout about and it felt smaller than other Balcony cabins on Grand class. In my opinion, Princess could have done better with the cabin design. The Bathroom is very small, so that was a slight disappointment and the actual balcony was smaller than other princess ships. I did like the colour scheme and also the large TV. Ours worked fine, apart from the ships ‘live’ location map. Air conditioning wasn’t working very well in the room and the air extract in the bathroom stopped working on the second day. So the bathroom felt/smelled dampish. Apart from that, it was fine. I would have no complaints having this cabin again. WIFI in the cabin worked very well. There is a WIFI AP just outside in the hallway, so I was pleased about that.

Overall, The Royal is a fine ship.. so much that I liked/loved and a few things that I didn’t like. One of those dislikes was the TV Studio! I just cannot understand it and it would have been better to have a dedicated Cinema instead. If they showed new releases, I would have paid to use it. Instead, it’s a glorified place for them to ‘film’ the wake show etc! I found it really annoying, they even break for a commercial now!

Anyway, all little things and nothing would stop me booking the ship in the future.

Archived