Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

Dave,

We knew the (un)official end would come, but it sure is bittersweet. I think we all need kleenex after reading this. We are all so blessed to have joined you on this journey.

I'm grateful to have the chance to thank you in person on the Dec 8 cruise ... wonderful that you've posted your photo looking through the porthole - it will make it easier to find you and treat you to a Bellini !

Take a well-deserved break, our friend. As each of us embark on the Royal Princess, we will smile with the thought of thousands of posts that helped bring her to life for us.

Sincerely,

Sue

Dave,

I have been following this thread silently for the past few weeks. You have done such a wonderful job! Definitely, the best thread I have come across in all my years on CC. Thanks for all the time you dedicated :)

WOW DAVE. What a send off. You are a classy guy and I have enjoyed your thread soooo much. I have tears in my eyes as it is like saying good by to an old friend. I THANK YOU again for such an amazing thread with all your information and arrows and pictures. I was glad to be able to view it every day. I hope to meet you some day as it would be an honor and a pleasure to buy you some Bellinis. If you would just stay one more week in December we could do that as we are sailing on Dec. 15. :D

Vie

We have a face to go with the fantastic person behind this very informative and professional thread.

Dave, I have followed this thread since almost day one. I am honored that I was able to add a little information to your creation.

When this thread finally closes (and it must) it will be like saying goodbye to a close and dear friend.

If my schedule allowed I would read it first thing in the morning or the last thing at night. The times that I would miss a day or two it was amazing how this thread took on a life of its own and I would be pages behind.

Your dedication helped many to become more aware of what this beautiful ship had to offer. AND because of your thread many decided they had to sail on her sooner than later or add an extra cruise for a B2B. I hope that Princess will do something special for you because you made the Royal come alive for many of us before Princess did.

To say "THANK YOU" is not enough but thank you I must.

THANK YOU!!!

Marty

Well said Marty, and thank YOU for directing me over here from our roll call. :D

Mr. Dave Walker,

What a great time we have had over the last few months. You have been the driving sourse for all the happy times we've had on this thread. Take a well deserved break, but I don't think this is the end......you will be back, these people won't let you go.

I will see you on the Royal on the 8TH. You will be the one with ARROW in your pocket.

Rest well,

Bill

for all your hard work.....I came in about 80 pages in..

I sail on Royal in 19 days...

I am saving those pages for when I return and will read with a different perspective and will relive the excitement because of YOU!!

Bernadette

David, my DW (Con_Glitter) and I want to thank you for your yeoman's service in producing this thread. You have managed to keep the commentary on a positive basis and have done so much to help the rest of us better understand the newest ship in the Princess fleet. We'll get our chance to sail on the Royal for 30 days this September and October and we already have a fairly good idea what we can expect. Your ability to find so many great pictures and knowledgeable comments about the ship during her construction was incredible.

Thank you, thank you.

Craig

Dave... I can't thank you enough for your wonderful story and pictures of the beginning of Royal Princess... it has made the past months so meaningful to wake up each day knowing we were going to learn something new about our ship... Bob and I look forward to meeting you on December 1st as we sail away for our first back to back... It is only because of you and the excitement you generated, that we decided that one week was just not enough... Looking forward to buying you that drink, the enjoying your company... Thanks again.. You are the greatest... I will miss your daily posts and pictures.. Don't stay away too long... we will all be in withdrawal.... :)

Jackie

cruisehappygal

Dave,

Along with everyone else here on the boards, I too want to thank you for all the information and insight that you have given us over these past few months. We will miss not seeing you on your originally scheduled B2B with us, but I know that those on your December B2B will be honored and blessed to have you in their company.

FAIR WINDS AND FOLLOWING SEAS, my friend.

THANK YOU--THANK YOU--THANK YOU

Joe

Many of us on the Maiden Caribbean sailing have been avid readers of and posters to this thread, and we've made many references to it over on our roll call. Wish you were joining us on that sailing!

Hi Dave,

Just wanted to add my thanks again for this amazing thread. I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts. Will you be starting a new thread? My family and I will be sailing July 17th from Barcelona. I will try to post photos and a review---although I have never posted photos before but I am sure my kids can figure it out. Anyway, thanks for all your work! You have brought a lot of joy to those crusining on the Royal.

Hi Dave - *thank you* so much for all of this information! I'm so thankful for your time and dedication! We just booked a cruise on the Royal for January 2014. We're in A422...which I'm a tad bit nervous about now, seeing that we're under the Sea View Bar :( Do you think that our balcony is one that will be visible from the bar? We're fairly boring people but...you know...geez :eek: Thanks in advance!

Dave I would also like to add my thanks for your efforts. I have learnt so much and am really looking forward to experiencing the ship first hand. I hope you have a wonderful journey when it is your turn. Thanks again. Anne

A poem, originally posted by Northender...

If I could wax poetic

I would do that just for Dave

But I cannot seem to find the words.

So what am I to say?

If I could wax poetic.

I would tell Dave lots of things.

Like thank you and bravo

and the joy your postings bring

But I cannot seem to find a way.

So Dave will never know.

Just how much he gave to us

And it is almost time to go!

Well, that time has now come. The time to go.

Today marked the beginning of the Maiden Voyage and regular passenger service for Royal Princess, and the (un)-official end of the 'Everything ROYAL PRINCESS' thread. After five months and five days, over 360,000 views and 5200+ comments, it's time to shift our focus and turn over the reigns to the lucky Maiden Voyage passengers and those who will follow in their footsteps.

There are so many things I want to say, so many Thank You's I owe all of you:

- Thank You for allowing me into your lives and into your homes

- Thank You for putting up with the daily updates for the past 22 weeks

- Thank You for all of the 'Thank You's', kind words, and encouragment

- Thank You for all of the cabin locator 'arrow' requests

- Thank You for all of the amazing contributions from so many wonderful people

- Thank You for making me feel like a friend, even though we have never met

- Thank You for your generosity of spirit and your positive attitudes

- Thank You for being part of the most amazing experience I have ever had on Cruise Critic

- Thank You for allowing me to help you

- Thank You for being there

My sincerest of THANKS to all of the lurkers and posters for which this thread would have never been possible. I wish the best for all of you - fair winds, following seas, and a gentle place to lay your head every night...

Shogun, TorontoTL, IECalCruiser, Woobstr112G, hubofhockey, chamima, billco, gracie65, Who Knew, sunsetbeachgal, Northender, nasa1974, gambee, greengrunt8, Pia1913, RickEk, FlynnRider78, strummer, sssteele, Egret32, Astro Flyer, pjrockman, cruisingpeople, dchip, jcruizer, lfk60, alexmom, CI66774, patperry, rdsqrl, delenn3000, HRPro, JPEvans, SassySpokane, bkw67, Me3, missymerv, Stu K, macusr, martij6, Carolyn R, S'villeGals, homeinboca, RandDO, TLC535, goofy559, Mom33, Working 2 Cruise, SwissDave, ronl, leavingocalaagain, DoulaAnn, RCNslr, Sydney24, Lynda90, kathywin53, jackieo, Carolina Cruisers 2, fielddreamer, KathShe, WineCountryCruiser, dsawyer, sallybrown2012, sully108, Pam in CA, #1winelover, capriccio, mafig, jth2004, BratDet, triviaplayer7425, carib, Cruisin'Chris, NURSEKECK, Dragonqueen, PescadoAmarillo, KGCRUIZN, hokiefans, granna22, H20 Lover, RichNY, kikki21, Cinerama, CK57, britichick, msfish, 4ClovisCruiser, janetz, roe2ship, antsp, wb2868, seabourndt, Freq Traveler, TITISSA, Esprit, tobecool, goldens4ever, Mikeyto, BlueWaterCat, Kenswing, dides, xni001, dedosr, cannelle, Lizziebiff, UpcountryTravelers, Dr. Pam, Di Princess, DeadMenTellNo Tales, Jules2, sasmisjas, the kids, seacrystal, kaliterri, mabones, TessM, stunnedinva, Colo Cruiser, mamaboss, jangor, Sunviking, tracemyirishroots, CQG67, Brisbanelionsfan, travelmoxie, -Lew-, san diego sue, pamcdon, jagoffe, chrysalis, Fletch1, davedex, DrSch, gstewart, BarbieJoe, littlesteelo, sunnyv, lovemyblue, sonnenschein, Cruisin' Grandma, Me2, cruisegirlkat, Love.II.Cruise, Bluwaterz, ckrcjr, CruzNut7, redktz, Solara, CruisinGrandpa, cruisehappygal, AZ Stan (FKA Stan in Chicago), Fred & Ethel, cruisin with the kiddies, skf, peppygirl, lancashire_cruisers, clarkspond75, neueruhr, big al, NVR777, wineforhealth, CON_GLITTER, libbygirl1, kruisey, LuckyDogsV&E, jamkat1973, PrincessMelody, Arya3, westendgirl, Julia’s Journey’s, eltejon51, reiddg, CSloan, Reader0108598, newparks, teammates, jdmerck, ozpilot, sema4, candymaker2, Kenosha Cruiser, High C's, MINI-ME, kelbabykel, pedirn, vsllee, tispwisp, Babr, Pink-belle, Captain Rhone, Symbacat, KenC, Jethro S, joysea, Sanibel*Gal, Kennykat, bhopal21, bammy, RealDeal, celebrity_fan, AJ2011, Life'satrip, DDJ, KruzPrincess, MandD, MichelleinOC, smoosh21, cws, tikilite, enyliram, diverward, umbertsmum, kimala, SissasMomE, cristine, timetravler, pjslc, scott4020, mary45ish, Iluvkds, CRUISE4TWO, Mooguy, NYCRUISR, Renmar, BoPippy, loliola, voltdoc, swiss, spunker, busterfla, 2gadabouts, mitchjess, carefreebee, KofAK, mjbelen, cruisetrail, DavidJanice, emtowle, Balernocalling, highheel girl, Dietemann, 58Piano, manxstaff, SusieS, steevsf, kaceyisme, 98vette, harfield, icat2000, bulldog on water, debazar, Peteacher2002, LC1950, ltcal94, scottlad, Black Pearl Sailor, Go-Bucks!, PrincessCatarina, LauraS, Longislanderluvs2cruise, Catnap All Day, TommyPeaGun, claymorefan, Wateron, pjs9876, steelhead1, philv, clare71275, casavaha, craftycak, LouisRoederer, NFEB, castle12, avalon1025, margeg, cjskids, jrljel, Gimini281, yazoo2008, LinP, HEINER, David&Heather, Dambuster, Bimmer09, JUST CRUZIN, billyg3, Eppe4, CRLess, Mrs Monkey, aradiseisaprincessaway, ChiefBoats, kendon, LewesBeach, john_galt, ablum, VancouverKory, Clutterlady, Hobart Hurricane, WoCEditor, CaioBella, marie61, bigredcrusier, sidari, PRIORY ROAD, suebob114, 810jw616, shirttale, jeawl, Cruise Junky, amandajames, The Big Booper, Bubble-Ont, Gunner22aa, Lindy4508, dfishner, traveling1969, GailnBrad, johnofyork, winpub, DONNAKG, #33s Mom, mwvcruiser, riclop, EKELLEY, Ky Lady, FlyGuy13, PRINCESSTHE BEST, nycruise, csgcruiser, Firststatecruiser, Bourque, dundalkspur, caribill, sgh20037, zahav1, GeeDunk, JanetAlice, sabookkeeper, kthudin, Lindaras, seacruise9, GweninTX, cruzisme, harborman, stocks, OCruisers, athespa, Mclesh, Michael Kays, Redsoxfan65, Steven_&_Daniel, Elainemh, magicnelly, shootingstar07, kenzie, mizlorinj, mshif2542, dr__dawggy, cruisinnorth, Lucie Renee, baldercash, shanecindy21403, Palms2Pines2Sea, PunkiC, simmo, cruze610, fathercop, Oahucruiser, compozer, hockeymom21, shelbysmom2001, Iamcruzin, bogeydi, TracieABD, putty27, Vexorg, Ethel5, BrooklynRussians, mrsbrown17, f9parents, robinbird62, cherylandtk, loveboat1977, Ibrasu, Highboy90, CCFC, gramiehi, princessgirl56, Uvagolf1, Benny Dorm, monakayk, penang32, seamwoman, Loonbeam, jajabinks, Psychedout, MomC, cruise1814, ar1950, SeaHunt, yukongold, Hank1468, crusdiva, Cazzmaryflo, geos1200, Luvs2Crooze, SDLong329, Seadiva2, supraturbo320, DLSHS_Mom, Snow cat, kessieann, danrad, DaveyCaper, Sag13, CocaColaCruiser, highcruiser, Kirsten T, bvhtontheruby, iriemon, Iluvcruising2, kmp70, WendyG, tampadee, Lars5, koolforkatz, LDuck, DDSailaway, Sea Day Cruiser, emileg, helpmesailaway, f-mattox, justducky21, arlito, twinkle toes, CruisinEars, MGAfhc, sgh20037, gloriousomes.

Some of you I will have the good fortune and pleasure of meeting on Royal Princess in December. I look forward to raising a toast with you. For those I will never have the honor and privilege of meeting, it has been a wonderful and amazing adventure.

Since this is the (un)-offical end please do continue to ask questions and assist those who need it. I'm going to take a little break for a few days, my first 'time off' from this thread since January. I'll keep this thread subscribed just in case someone needs help. And I am quite sure too that the reviews and LIVE threads we will see over the summer will be more than enough to answer any new or unanswered questions as we see more and more Cruise Critic passengers embark and experience first-hand the new flagship for Princess Cruises, the Royal Princess.

Be good, be kind, take care of each other, and when it comes your turn to embark on Royal Princess I hope that you will have an amazing and wonderful time on her. I know I will.

Sincerely,

David Walker

9047903752_d7f1d3896d.jpg

Dave,

First let me thank you for posting your picture. I will always associate it with everything I've learned from this thread. I am glad I asked you to do it! We are looking forward to our upcoming cruise on the Royal Princess!

And all the THANKS go to you, You did a great job! Please let us all know through this thread, or some other way what Princess has done for you on your B2B as a way of thanking you for all your dedication to their new ship, and your promotion of it.

Thanks Again,

Steve

I would think not. The reason being is that most of the rest of the entire Retreat area is completely covered in blue loungers and there would be no place to move it. They also want to keep the walkways clear. Also they probably want to keep them inside the cabana just to keep all the loungers where they belong. Same goes for The Sanctuary.

Thank you, that makes sense. How much are the Retreat Cabanas?

Archived