Most annoying thing?

ncshp955

Sunset, I am doing something similar with my kids. Not so much about behavior, but more of the "do's & don'ts" on a cruise ship.. I.e. don't take drinks from anyone except waiter or parents, no using the elevator if they are busy, being mindful of doors slamming, no using of balcony when parents are not present, no inviting others into our rooms or entering other rooms...etc. This is more for their safety than anything since my kiddos are very well behaved, and expected to use those good manners regardless of where they are.

After reading about the teen who was "roofied", I'm already feeling better about going over these rules with my kids, and I'm sure the mother of that teen wished she had a similar talk with her daughter!

Breezy, I agree with that. My kids are still only 9 & 10 so they won't be alone or without us except in the kids club so I'm not so worried about the safety issues.......yet. But in a year or two we will be having those discussions for sure.

My kids are well behaved in public (at home is another story sometimes;)) but they tend to get exited on vacations so the behavior rules are just to reinforce what they already know.

Now I need to go read about the teen that was "roofied":eek::eek:

Enjoy your cruise!

A "behavior" contract - give me a break

I think it's a great idea, kudos to the parent/s who takes the time to raise their children with manners and to show respect to those around them. Imagine how much more enjoyable cruises or life in general would be if people actually exhibited the simple things listed in that contract. I would much rather travel with children who knew the rules and followed them than with children who are allowed to do as they please simply because their parents paid their fare.

Two things that I find annoying are:

1. People coming in and out of their balcony doors and letting the door SLAM each time. Once it has happened the first time you think they would hold the door so it wouldn't slam again.

2. Kids and adults using their loud voice early in the morning and later at night in the halls. I always try and use a quieter voice in the hallway in case someone has gone to bed early or is sleeping in.

Buffet is "emergency only" and "That's why God made Main Dining Rooms"? I've been on approx 20 cruises and read these forums quite a bit and as you can see by my posting count I rarely ever chime in...so I just have to say when I cruise in April I will have to stop before proceeding through the doors on the lido deck because it should be "way beneath me to do so". I can't even continue writing b/c it will just get brutal...wow

Not just you....a lot of people.

Buffet is emergency food only, if all other options are considered.

That's why God made Main Dining Rooms -certainly for breakfasts and dinners.

My particular irritant?

Un-necessary marketing ANNOUNCEMENTS in dormitory hallways

for Bingo. HooWee! exciting Bingo, inches of gold, etc.

which might attract maybe 1-2 % of all cruisers on board.

Therefore the other 98-99% of us must suffer this noise pollution?

• 2 weeks later...
I do agree that countrygirl (or anyone) should move/offer up their table if they are not eating. It's just common sense, ... and the right thing to do, but I do believe the ones outside at the pool are fair game for whatever you want to do.

We just got back from a back 2 back on the Triumph. We saw numerous people playing cards in the buffet area at various times during the day, but when the buffets were open and serving, these people were all gone. (or maybe they were eating, at least they were not just sitting and playing cards). That is common courtesy.

Doug

I was just going to post that the most annoying thing to me is that at lunch time, people take up tables to play cards. I have been one of the ones waking around looking for a place to sit and meanwhile they are people playing cards. While I have never seen someone sitting there and reading a book during lunchtime, I would feel the same thing.

Come earlier? I bet the majority of card players that take up the tables start their games right after breakfast. Wouldn't it be much better to go to a quieter place to play your cards?

I have never had trouble finding a table to sit at for breakfast or lunch, but I just wanted to add: Isn't there a nice room on each ship set up for card games and board games? I bet it's not too far away from food/drink if one got hungry during their game.

I have never had trouble finding a table to sit at for breakfast or lunch, but I just wanted to add: Isn't there a nice room on each ship set up for card games and board games? I bet it's not too far away from food/drink if one got hungry during their game.

Yes, there are many places around the ship that anyone can play card games, dominos, etc. and not be a bother to anyone.

doug

Most definitely annoying kids running wild, hogging the hot tubs, running up and down the halls at all hours, and on and on. Now don't get me wrong, I love kids, I have kids(now grown). I blame the irresponsible parents, and even Carnival for not monitoring the kids who are running free with no supervision.

It is, however, a reflection of a lot of parents' attitudes these days, who think their little darlings can do no wrong, and that everyone else thinks they are just adorable, too, no matter what they are doing. News Flash: no one thinks your kids are adorable when they act like wild hyenas. Teach them some manners and how to behave in public.

This kind of kid is smart. He/she knows that mom and dad are not going to pay attention to their bad behavior because ITS A VACATION and someone else can clean up the mess. I heard a lot of moms tell their kids to go away, find something to do, let me sleep in my chair or read my book in peace. So the kid goes and bothers everyone else by making a mess and leaping into the hot tub. It's the fault of the parents and I feel sorry for the kids.

Lmao if you dislike children so much, go on an adults only booze cruise! Damn this is a cruise board and someone started a complaint post? That is ridiculously sad...well im kinda happy. At least it brings all the negative nancys to one spot and off our other posts lmao. Also when it comes to music no one cares if you think hip-hop is "crap" because others might think your oldies are "crap" as well....if you can't be tolerant of others reguardless of AGE race preference, and of different cultures and the fact the Carnival tries to cater to all while keeping up with the times...then just stay off cruises in general!

The only thing i didn't laugh at and can relate to is rude people!! i hate when snobby people dare act rude to the crew members who work harder than they ever have, because what? Your seat was wet...really ...ha...sad!.

Lmao if you dislike children so much, go on an adults only booze cruise! Damn this is a cruise board and someone started a complaint post? That is ridiculously sad...well im kinda happy. At least it brings all the negative nancys to one spot and off our other posts lmao. Also when it comes to music no one cares if you think hip-hop is "crap" because others might think your oldies are "crap" as well....if you can't be tolerant of others reguardless of AGE race preference, and of different cultures and the fact the Carnival tries to cater to all while keeping up with the times...then just stay off cruises in general!

The only thing i didn't laugh at and can relate to is rude people!! i hate when snobby people dare act rude to the crew members who work harder than they ever have, because what? Your seat was wet...really ...ha...sad!.

Completely Agreed! :-D So many people come to a family cruise, and say I hate seeing kids ...BEING KIDS lol. Go on a adults -only cruise line. I hate spring breakers - I'd take a child being a happy kid over a drunken a**hole throwing up in the pools and getting into fight ANYDAY....SO you know what I do....avoid springbreak....you know what most of these people should do....avoid family cruises. as you said ..so sad!

Completely Agreed! :-D So many people come to a family cruise, and say I hate seeing kids ...BEING KIDS lol. Go on a adults -only cruise line. I hate spring breakers - I'd take a child being a happy kid over a drunken a**hole throwing up in the pools and getting into fight ANYDAY....SO you know what I do....avoid springbreak....you know what most of these people should do....avoid family cruises. as you said ..so sad!

Who said they hate seeing kids being kids? I love kids and seeing a kid sitting in the pool having fun is a tad different than sitting next to a unsupervised kid in the hot tub with his snorkel gear on, holding an ice cream cone. I too would take a happy child, a happy well mannered and completely supervised child over a drunken "a-hole throwing up in the pool, however in my ten cruises I have yet to see a drunken a-hole puking in the pool but have seen more than enough bratty unsupervised children :rolleyes: Why should anyone avoid a family cruise because someone else feels their child/ren can misbehave merely because Mom & Dad paid for their cruise? The only people that seem to get their feathers rumpled are the ones who feel people here are saying "we hate kids" when in fact most of us are parents,parents who will not tolerate our children wrecking anyone else's cruise experience.

Still trying to figure out who said they disliked children and how did this turn into others being "tolerant of others regardless of age/race/cultures? I am very tolerant of others, however no one should be expected to be tolerant of other people who have little to no respect or manners. So basically if I don't like they way an ill mannered child behaves I shouldn't cruise...yeah that makes sense.

Never really annoyed on a cruise... But took one to Alaska... and the older folks, who take a table for 4 and only one person sits there, by the window, on Lido, to watch the scenery go by -- which is beautiful and delightful and it's MUCH WARMER inside -- and when I ask if I may use another chair at the table, they say "No, they're all taken." But as I watch that table, the whole hour I'm there watching the scenery... no one comes to join them!!! Much less are they eating anything at all...

I always invite others to sit with me, but let them know if I have others coming to join me at a later time...

Truly, it doesn't bother me... I make the best of it... But having this happen more than a few times... It's something I just shake my head over...

Never really annoyed on a cruise... But took one to Alaska... and the older folks, who take a table for 4 and only one person sits there, by the window, on Lido, to watch the scenery go by -- which is beautiful and delightful and it's MUCH WARMER inside -- and when I ask if I may use another chair at the table, they say "No, they're all taken." But as I watch that table, the whole hour I'm there watching the scenery... no one comes to join them!!! Much less are they eating anything at all...

I always invite others to sit with me, but let them know if I have others coming to join me at a later time...

Truly, it doesn't bother me... I make the best of it... But having this happen more than a few times... It's something I just shake my head over...

That was my experience too, especially on Glacier Bay day. All the tables near a window were taken by people who had no food at their tables, they were just camped out watching the scenery. Which left only the tables toward the inside of the room for diners - my son & I wandered looking for a table until we gave up. We went down a couple decks & found a table & chair in a hallway area. We should have just gone back to the cabin & had lunch there, we had a balcony so could have gone out or kept an eye on the scenery.

Mine would be the photographers causing the line to back up on the rampway getting off at a port. I'm always carrying a lot of dive gear, plus a big camera setup, and it's really bothersome.

Then don't carry all that stuff with you!

Don't you know that the only reason cruise ships stop in those ports is to SELL you some photos! How dare you subvert their business just so you can enjoy yourself - shame!

Regards

Carnival Shareholder

then don't carry all that stuff with you!

Don't you know that the only reason cruise ships stop in those ports is to sell you some photos! How dare you subvert their business just so you can enjoy yourself - shame!

Regards

carnival shareholder

rotflmao!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Rude, unsupervised children. We get a cabin on the lowest deck, and take the stairs to exercise. Last week, the kids would physically block the stairs, and refuse people access. They would hold hands & stretch across the stairs. Absolutely no way up without touching the kids to get past. Brats.

O my! My first cruise is coming in about 3 weeks, I pray I don't experience anything like this!

Archived