Internet packages

Aussie Gal

This will be our first time on Celebrity and we will be on the Solstice in March doing an Auckland to Sydney cruise.

I have tried to do a search but haven't been able to see how much the internet packages are on a 12 day cruise.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. We are Elite on Princess and so we haven't had to purchase a package for a few years.

Thanks.

Jennie

This will be our first time on Celebrity and we will be on the Solstice in March doing an Auckland to Sydney cruise.

I have tried to do a search but haven't been able to see how much the internet packages are on a 12 day cruise.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. We are Elite on Princess and so we haven't had to purchase a package for a few years.

Thanks.

Jennie

Hi Aussie Gal,

Celebrity's base price is about .75 cents per minute. However, they sell packages in blocks of minutes, which reduce the price per minute. The larger package you purchase, the greater the discount.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

The cruise I did in Dec, the internet packages started at $49.00 and they had a special if you bought it on the first day.

The internet was often down, so in the end I had about $20.00 worth on the last day of a fifteen day cruise.I only used my ipad for emails. I read them and then composed new ones offline before I got back on line to send them off.

Is there wifi in the cabins? We will be in an Aqua class cabin on the Solstice.

Jennie

Hi Aussie Gal,

Yes, there's Wi-Fi in the cabins.

Are there any discount coupons for Captain's Club?

Yes. I believe classic has a 10% off coupon and select has 25% off. Elite gets 90 minutes free. The % off coupons work on all but the largest package.

There is also often a promotion to get 20% extra minutes if you buy a $50 or greater package on the first day. Some people have successfully combined this with the % off coupon.

Elite captains club got a coupon for $50. My husband and I each got a coupon but they wouldn't let us combine the coupons for a $100 package. I used my coupon for a 90 minute package and when that ran out we used my husband's for another 90 minute package (180 minutes total vs. 200 for $100 package).

• 3 weeks later...

Hello... We were able to purchase an unlimited package from Oceania that allowed internet use for the whole cruise regardless of the time used. It was not cheap (don't recall the cost), but it was worth it since Internet is slow on ships, so per-minute charges can be heavy. Does anyone know if Celebrity or RCI have adopted this type of package (i.e. like the ones in a hotel where you have internet access for the day/week as opposed to per-minute charges)?

Hi Aussie Gal,

We're on the same cruise, our second Celebrity experience. I need to catch up with the roll call and maybe seek your advice about cruise terminal taxis. Anyway ........

Last time on Constellation the WiFi was dreadful - only available in public areas and terribly intermittent. Apparently, the ship was due to be upgraded to be as good as Solstice, where WiFi in rooms was supposedly reasonable.

However, here's the important bit. The IT guru on board, who seemed very clued up told me that the Solstice class ships have RJ45 ports in cabin. If you are travelling with a tablet this is no good to you, but with a laptop it will be worth taking a short network cable and plugging in to get the better connection. If you forget, you can always borrow mine.

43 days to go!

Archived