New Five Star Mariners Pin?

sail7seas

Wouldn't it be wonderful if they would revert to the enameled style pins for 5 star. Maybe keep the rectangle shape, but use the enameling to make it something special for that level. Though, I'm certain the decision was made a long time ago and the new pins are already being supplied.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if they would revert to the enameled style pins for 5 star. Maybe keep the rectangle shape, but use the enameling to make it something special for that level. Though, I'm certain the decision was made a long time ago and the new pins are already being supplied.

I am for the enamel. Was wondering what HAL will do, since they have copper, silver and gold coloured ones now. Hoping the 5 star are something different and stand out better. I can never tell the difference between the copper and gold ones pax wear unless I get right up into the person's face!!! I can generally tell the silver ones if I squint.

I am for the enamel. Was wondering what HAL will do, since they have copper, silver and gold coloured ones now. Hoping the 5 star are something different and stand out better. I can never tell the difference between the copper and gold ones pax wear unless I get right up into the person's face!!! I can generally tell the silver ones if I squint.

There is also an enamel Platinum pin though there is some question if the supply has run out and people now being awarded Platinum Medallions are not getting the pins. That is too bad, IMO. That's a lot of days and they should get their pins.

I'll ask Ruth if she's received a pin yet. I know she's been receiving the 5* perks on her current South America/Antarctica cruise, so I'm sure her card at least shows her 5* Mariner status.

Thanks, MaryBeth. Good idea.

I might write her myself to wish her great time. :)

I asked the Mariner Society Rep. He said the World Cruise and the trip around South America would receive their pins on the ships. Other 5 stars would receive theirs by mail. Shipped around the end of the month. Take care.

I asked the Mariner Society Rep. He said the World Cruise and the trip around South America would receive their pins on the ships. Other 5 stars would receive theirs by mail. Shipped around the end of the month. Take care.

Thanks, Barocl! Watch that mail box! Maybe we should give a prize for the first to post a photo?? Really interested to see what HAL has come up with.

Thanks, Barocl,

My Guess is it will be the same pin as the others and the stars will be arranged

two over

three

Just a guess.

Look what I found........on eBay. They said it was the new 500 day pin and it was priced at $75.00. Can you imagine selling it for that price. Look at what your pins are worth Sails, KK and others.

mQGrw8yRiWCNI5VX9YFBqyA.jpg

I was not aware there was a pin like that but pretty darn sure that is not one of the new 5 Star Pins. I am sure those that have been around HAL for a while can comment. The pin looks very similar to the lapel pins that came with the medallions. I am thinking possibly before they had the last Copper Silver, Gold, Platinum.Kind of a neat pin but not sure it is worth $75.00 lol :D

I was not aware there was a pin like that but pretty darn sure that is not one of the new 5 Star Pins. I am sure those that have been around HAL for a while can comment. The pin looks very similar to the lapel pins that came with the medallions. I am thinking possibly before they had the last Copper Silver, Gold, Platinum.Kind of a neat pin but not sure it is worth $75.00 lol :D

This is the gold pin that went with the 500 day medallion.

Yes, that is the pin that we received when we got our 500 day Gold Medallion. It is the same style as the copper, then the silver and the platinum but obviously different colors.

As to worth it..........

I always say something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. :)

No I knew it was not the new '5' star pin. It is the pin that goes with the gold metal for 500 days. I just thought it was interesting that they want 75 dollars for it. Thought Sails, KK and others that have the 500 day pin would find it interesting.

Archived