Fellow Canadians Flight help!

needabreakcanada

I am booking with points (aero....) flights to San Juan from Toronto. I can start booking Feb 27th.

Our cruise is Feb 9th 2014 which is a sunday. I am seeing most flights are Saturday to Saturday.

Has anyone else been able to book flights from Toronto to SJU from Saturday to Sunday (or Monday latest)?

Oh and also trying to avoid 14h-19hr flights with tons of stop overs or 1 stop with long layover - prefer direct.

Thanks - hoping not to have to cancel cruise due to flight problems

Air Canada used to have 2 flights out of Pearson to SJU every Saturday - that ended a couple of years ago. Now you can only fly direct to SJU on Sunday's on either Air Canada or West Jet.

If you are okay connecting, try looking at American Airlines on Saturday, connecting in Miami. That's what we usually do.

Air Canada used to have 2 flights out of Pearson to SJU every Saturday - that ended a couple of years ago. Now you can only fly direct to SJU on Sunday's on either Air Canada or West Jet.

If you are okay connecting, try looking at American Airlines on Saturday, connecting in Miami. That's what we usually do.

I have not gone on the AC website and checked but a work colleague just returned from a Carnival cruise from SJ. He flew to SJ Sat Jan 5 and came back this past Saturday. Edit to add, OK I just checked this Feb and March, no problem departing on Saturday and returning a week later on Sunday.

The Op is booking with loyalty points so is limited to AC in this case.

I have not gone on the AC website and checked but a work colleague just returned from a Carnival cruise from SJ. He flew to SJ Sat Jan 5 and came back this past Saturday.

The Op is booking with loyalty points so is limited to AC in this case.

There may be connecting flights, but no directs on Saturday.

Dept direct AC956 Feb 23 , return direct March 3, AC957. Looks direct to me. That is also non stop. My friends flights mentioned earlier were both direct on Saturday.

Just for future reference, "direct" and "nonstop" are very different things.

You just couldn't resist could you !! LOL :p

It's an important distinction. A friend's nonstop was changed to a connecting flight a few years ago. She called and insisted to be rebooked on a direct flight. She was really surprised when she found out too late that it required a change of planes at JFK and 3 extra hours on the ground!

yeah,... yeah....yeah.... !! There was no misunderstanding between myself and the posters of what we were talking about !! The point I was making was that AC has one direct flight each Saturday and Sunday between San Juan and Toronto. Those were the terms being used and it was understood to mean a non stop !! The distinction had been made that it did not include any connections.

Re the areoplan points, In this case this type of booking excludes Westjet which had been suggested sooooooo it does limit the poster to AC as far as the poster is concerned!! Even if the connections would mean a change to a star alliance partner if a connecting route were chosen. The poster has enough points to book aeroplan, I'm sure they are well aware of this fact.

I am well aware that to those on this thread that travel extensively, the term direct and non stop has a very important difference. The lecture was not required by either myself or any of you in this case.

So all you school marms........ KMA. Perhaps it would be more productive to assist the OP instead of getting in your pulpits !!

My goal was to assure the OP that she could indeed fly to San Juan on a Saturday the day before her cruise on AC and return on a Sunday the day the cruise ends on AC without any connections. I think I was successful unless any of you wizards can point out any error I have made in that assessment.

yeah,... yeah....yeah.... !! There was no misunderstanding between myself and the posters of what we were talking about !! The point I was making was that AC has one direct flight each Saturday and Sunday between San Juan and Toronto. Those were the terms being used and it was understood to mean a non stop !! The distinction had been made that it did not include any connections.

Re the areoplan points, In this case this type of booking excludes Westjet which had been suggested sooooooo it does limit the poster to AC as far as the poster is concerned!! Even if the connections would mean a change to a star alliance partner if a connecting route were chosen. The poster has enough points to book aeroplan, I'm sure they are well aware of this fact.

I am well aware that to those on this thread that travel extensively, the term direct and non stop has a very important difference. The lecture was not required by either myself or any of you in this case.

So all you school marms........ KMA. Perhaps it would be more productive to assist the OP instead of getting in your pulpits !!

My goal was to assure the OP that she could indeed fly to San Juan on a Saturday the day before her cruise on AC and return on a Sunday the day the cruise ends on AC without any connections. I think I was successful unless any of you wizards can point out any error I have made in that assessment.

Sorry to disagree with you but I was also reading along and wondering which you were talking about. The only reason I'm replying is that you seem to believe that everyone reading agrees with you. That's not the case.

Archived