Specialty vs Premium Coffee and Teas

rlmorrow13

Sorry, another beverage package question. Classic package includes "Premium" coffee and teas while Premium package includes "Specialty" coffee and teas. Can anyone please describe the difference? Thanks!

Premium coffees would be the barrista style coffees and high end teas (non-alcoholic) available at Cafe al Bacio and in the dining room. Specialty coffees would be coffees containing alcohol (Spanish Coffee, and the like). If the cost of a Specialty Coffee is above the Classic Package per drink cost cut-off they would not be included in the package. You can get both premium and specialty coffees in the Premium alcohol package.

Premium coffees would be the barrista style coffees and high end teas (non-alcoholic) available at Cafe al Bacio and in the dining room. Specialty coffees would be coffees containing alcohol (Spanish Coffee' date=' and the like). If the cost of a Specialty Coffee is above the Classic Package per drink cost cut-off they would not be included in the package. You can get both premium and specialty coffees in the Premium alcohol package.[/quote']

I don't think this is correct, due to Celebrity's website stating the Premium Non-Alcoholic Package entitles the card holder to "Specialty Coffees and Teas".

Maybe it has to do with flavorings? Premium are the plain cappuccinos and espressos, while Specialty are the caramel mocho frappuccinos? Or maybe it means nothing at all, and they're just using different terminology to say the same thing, only to confuse us.

I had the Classic Drink Package last week. The following in Cafe al Bacio were all included in what I ordered throughout the cruise: Cappacino, expresso, premium tea (hot and cold), blended drinks (like a mocha frappucino), Irish coffee. Didn't try to figure out where they all fit. I asked when ordering if they were included in my Classic Package and all of them were.

There has been confusion on this topic for years and at one point Celebrity's home office issued an incorrect FAQ response which indicated that the Specialty coffee included in the non-alcoholic premium package were coffees with alcohol. This was not usually followed on board. Talk about confusion. Celebrity has since corrected the FAQ

On our last cruise (Silhouette in December 2013) I specifically asked one of the baristas at the Cafe Al Bacio which coffees were not included in the classic package but were included in the premium package. She indicated it was the coffees with extra ingredients listed on pages 5 and 6 of the Cafe al Bacio menu under "Other Favorites" and "more favorites". A copy of which is included here: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Cafe-al-Bacio-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012.pdf

As Host Anne indicated all the more basic espresso based coffees and premium teas served at Cafe al Bacio are included in both packages.

We got caps everyday in the main dinning room, at breakfast , lunch and dinner

We had the PNAP

How was the service getting the cappuccinos there? How did the quality of the cappuccinos compare to those served at the coffee bar?

Archived