IS GODWIN on

winncruiser

The Ruby Princess now? I'm sailing in early March and hoping he's onboard.

Last I heard he'd moved to the Emerald a little over a year ago. He's so awesome. :) I have fond memories of defending him against a real jerk the time I sailed with him.

• 2 years later...
This is an old, 2013 thread. Why dredge this up? I'm suspicious Godwin does it himself.

Anyway, there are so many great matre d's and head waiters that never seem to get the mention this guy does.

Please! Enough!

A little grumpy today?

If you don't want to hear about Godwin, isn't it easier to just not click on the thread instead of making yourself look like a curmudgeon?

A Maitre'D listing is among the postings that are updated and reoccurring so everyone has an idea where these individuals are. Perhaps create a similar one for Head Waiters. Understandably there are many more HWs, especially on the larger ships; however, at least for those HWs that are in high demand (constantly asked for). Just a thought.

This is an old, 2013 thread. Why dredge this up? I'm suspicious Godwin does it himself.

Anyway, there are so many great matre d's and head waiters that never seem to get the mention this guy does.

Please! Enough!

Clearly you have never had Godwin as a head waiter. He is the first head waiter that I have ever even remembered by name because he went so far above and beyond merely stopping by one or two evenings and asking if everything is "ok." His name still comes up when we cruise with our group and that was 3 years and at least 5 cruises ago.

Edited by SingerEsq
typo

Clearly you have never had Godwin as a head waiter. He is the first head waiter that I have ever even remembered by name because he went so far above and beyond merely stopping by one or two evenings and asking if everything is "ok." His name still comes up when we cruise with our group and that was 3 years and at least 5 cruises ago.

I, too, am a Godwin fan, and hope he will still be on board the Grand when we board on May 23. He does have a phenomenal memory, and tremendous service ethic. He recognized me without makeup, with sunglasses and visor, on the Lido deck, first morning of the cruise - I had no idea he was onboard and had not made it to a dining room at that point - and then inquired about our dining arrangements. We were pampered beyond belief while dining on that cruise.

I do believe that his time with Generoso - well, it further honed a natural talent,

I do believe that his time with Generoso - well, it further honed a natural talent,

Generoso -- another star. We got to meet him on the Ruby in the Med. Consummate host. Saw him all over the ship working ... on deck, in the Sanctuary, Horizon Court, dining rooms ... he was everywhere and also has a phenomenal memory.

We ran into Godwin on the Grand in November. Haven't seen him in a few years and as soon as he saw me he gave me the biggest hug and a warm handshake to my husband. He said he's more behind the scenes now, taking care of every food venue on the ship. He was visible every day as he made his rounds and stopped to say hello every time. We are big Godwin fans too.

Please! Enough!

I have to agree, you have obviously never had the pleasure of cruising with Godwin. There are only great things to say about him....we met him on the Grand going to Hawaii over the Christmas and New Year's Holidays. He is now the Asst. Maitre D' and I believe he said he was on the ship until August, 2015.

I, too, am a Godwin fan, and hope he will still be on board the Grand when we board on May 23. He does have a phenomenal memory, and tremendous service ethic. He recognized me without makeup, with sunglasses and visor, on the Lido deck, first morning of the cruise - I had no idea he was onboard and had not made it to a dining room at that point - and then inquired about our dining arrangements. We were pampered beyond belief while dining on that cruise.

We unfortunately have never had Godwin; however, we have had Generoso many many times, best MD ever. Last cruise we had his head waiter Maximo, he was excellent too.