1st time Cozumel, just the beach?

villauk

Would welcome any ideas for our first visit to the Cozumel. As we are on Oasis followed by Enchantment, we wanted to do something else apart from the beach (most suggestions appear to be a beach but with different names :confused:). We have 3 children in our party, 10-13yrs, so the bar hop is out of the question.

We plan to do the dolphin swim in the Bahamas (Blue Lagoon), Dunn's Falls and Bob Sled in Jamaica and the other stops i.e. Labadee, CoCocay will be beach days. So, what do you suggest in Cozumel? Chankanaab has been mentioned on our roll call, sounds like this is another beach day? What are our best options without making the long trek to the mainland?

Thanks.

Coz is an island, so most of the activities there involve the beach or the water (snorkel, scuba, swim with the sting rays, dolphins, etc.). The "ruins" in Coz are not worth your time.

Chankanaab has dolphin swim, etc along with a nice beach area and some good shore snorkeling, but does have an admission fee :(. Your three 10-13 year olds might enjoy a snorkel tour - Eagle Ray is an often suggested tour operator. Good luck! :)

• 1 month later...

Last year we made reservations online to visit the “KaoKao” Chocolates factory. We hired a cab to drive us around Cozumel a bit and he delivered us and picked us back up from the chocolate factory. It is run by a couple who are quite interesting. They show you how chocolate is processed and let you turn a little wheel (!) so you can say your have “made” chocolate, I guess. They also have many flavors of chocolate you can buy, of course! We enjoyed it--but then, I am not 13. But if you children like to see how things are made, they might find it entertaining. Have a fun day in Cozumel.

I was going to suggest Paradise beach as well. For preteens and teens it is an awesome day! My son is 19 and ask to go back this trip. There are a lot of fun activities for any age but esp the children. Lots of water toys to play on, a newer swimming pool, kayaks, snorkleing. The food is good as well as the drinks for the adults. Whatever you decide you can not go wrong in Cozumel!

Archived