Roll Call: Celebrity Solstice Transpacific Sydney to Honolulu 04-11-2014

World Member

• 2 months later...

All signed up and ready to go! Family veranda cabin with great front and side balcony views! 17 nights from Australia, New Zealand, Tahiti French Polynesia, Bora Bora, Moorea and Honalulu!!! Would love to hear from anyone planning to go, or anyone who has already been . . .

Yes i have a taker, Susie i have been to Tahiti before but not on a cruise, so this will feel like a fly by but thats ok lots of sea days which i like, gives you a taste so you can go back and spent some time on the Islands , leave tomorrow for my Hawaii cruise out of SFO will check out hotels as we plan to spend some time there after out Tahiti cruise Steve

Have a great trip Steve! Scope out all the hot spots for us! I'll need to pick your brain on Tahiti since you have already been. It'll be a drive by alright, and I want to make sure we see everything we can while we're there!

Safe travels,

Susie

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Just booked this cruise to take advantage of the free drink package that comes along with it. I originally wanted to do a Greek Island and Turkey cruise, but they had none advertised in 2014 yet. So, I thought this was the next best thing. Anyone interested?

Jeff

Hi Everyone,

Just booked this cruise to take advantage of the free drink package that comes along with it. I originally wanted to do a Greek Island and Turkey cruise, but they had none advertised in 2014 yet. So, I thought this was the next best thing. Anyone interested?

Jeff

Greetings Jeff, I was just looking at that cruise and trying to decided if I wanted to book it.

Greetings Jeff, I was just looking at that cruise and trying to decided if I wanted to book it.

Greetings!

What I particularly liked about this one is the number of days at sea. Fantastic itinerary! Plus, you get an overnight stay in Honolulu, which is kind of neat. I will be headed to Sydney a few days prior to explore a bit on my own before we embark!

Jeff

Greetings!

What I particularly liked about this one is the number of days at sea. Fantastic itinerary! Plus, you get an overnight stay in Honolulu, which is kind of neat. I will be headed to Sydney a few days prior to explore a bit on my own before we embark!

Jeff

Jeff, that is what caught my attention as well. Plus I have friends in Australia so, I'd most likely go a week or so ahead of time so I could visit with them adjust to the jet lag and get ready for the adventure. I'm getting excited already.

Keith

Hi Everyone,

Jeff

We were getting organised to book and also grabbed this great deal.

Saved a packet!!!!

Today I've booked 4 aft sunset cabins for 7 of our party and hopefully will be booking one or two more.

It's my 50th so a real reason to celebrate.

We have done this itinerary previously and just love the south pacific. And my partner of 17 years, Jack, is from Hawaii so it was a perfect fit.

And when I can to choose where I wanted to be for my 50th, it just had to be Bora Bora.

We are all from Melbourne (excepting Jack - but he is well and truly an Aussie now).

I grantee it will be an amazing cruise. The South Pacific is sublime and Bora Bora is the most beautiful place on earth.

I grantee it will be an amazing cruise. The South Pacific is sublime and Bora Bora is the most beautiful place on earth.

Dingoboy, thanks for the link to your facebook page however, I could not open it something about permissions. In any event I believe you are correct and that is why I am so excited about the possibilities.

We were getting organised to book and also grabbed this great deal.

Saved a packet!!!!

Today I've booked 4 aft sunset cabins for 7 of our party and hopefully will be booking one or two more.

It's my 50th so a real reason to celebrate.

We have done this itinerary previously and just love the south pacific. And my partner of 17 years, Jack, is from Hawaii so it was a perfect fit.

And when I can to choose where I wanted to be for my 50th, it just had to be Bora Bora.

We are all from Melbourne (excepting Jack - but he is well and truly an Aussie now).

Greetings to you and Jack, I see that you mentioned the package and I was wondering if you got it form Celebrity or another TA. I didn't see anything on their page.

Keith

Greetings to you and Jack, I see that you mentioned the package and I was wondering if you got it form Celebrity or another TA. I didn't see anything on their page.

Keith

I'd go back to celebrity and ask for the drinks package - although it is only available on balcony cabins and up I think.

I know one of our party has booked an inside for about $4000 but we are getting an aft facing balcony for about $800 more and drinks package included that comes out at about $1600 total so we are way ahead.

Hi Everyone,

Jeff

Jeff, thanks for your posting and information regarding the drink package. I called Celebrity this morning and was able to get it added to my booking as well. :D A great saving for sure. I am looking forward to meeting you and the others on this trip.

Keith

Jeff, thanks for your posting and information regarding the drink package. I called Celebrity this morning and was able to get it added to my booking as well. :D A great saving for sure. I am looking forward to meeting you and the others on this trip.

Keith

Hey Keith and Dingoboy,

Awesome! Now, we're getting a thread. Yes, I, too, have a sunset veranda booked on deck 7. So, we may be neighbors!

The drink package is for oceanview staterooms or higher, so if you wanted to save some money on a window cabin, the drink package still applies here. The fact is, I know people who can spend more on drinks than on the cruise fare itself, so this is definitely a great deal. You will not see me without a drink in hand, thanks to this package! haha!

Congratulations on 17 years with your partner, Dingoboy. I am at 12 years with mine and still counting.

I have never been to the south Pacific, so I am definitely looking forward to this adventure.

Can't wait to meet you all!

Cheers!

--Jeff

Hey Keith and Dingoboy,

Awesome! Now, we're getting a thread. Yes, I, too, have a sunset veranda booked on deck 7. So, we may be neighbors!

The drink package is for oceanview staterooms or higher, so if you wanted to save some money on a window cabin, the drink package still applies here. The fact is, I know people who can spend more on drinks than on the cruise fare itself, so this is definitely a great deal. You will not see me without a drink in hand, thanks to this package! haha!

Congratulations on 17 years with your partner, Dingoboy. I am at 12 years with mine and still counting.

I have never been to the south Pacific, so I am definitely looking forward to this adventure.

Can't wait to meet you all!

Cheers!

--Jeff

Jeff and Dingoboy,

Yes we do have a thread going now! :) I am not sure what side of the ship m room is on. I got all confused but I am on the Sky Deck with veranda. This is my lifetime adventure also. French Polynesia, Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii, what a combination of places. It will certainly beat the damp spring typical of the US North East!

Keith

Jeff and Dingoboy,

Yes we do have a thread going now! :) I am not sure what side of the ship m room is on. I got all confused but I am on the Sky Deck with veranda. This is my lifetime adventure also. French Polynesia, Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii, what a combination of places. It will certainly beat the damp spring typical of the US North East!

Keith

Well if you need any tips Jack and I have been to all of these ports and as we are cabin crew we can give you lots of tips and advice - you're own private travel consultants.

Just had some more mates confirmed.

We are all Aussies excepting two born over seas.

Geoff, Jack, Craig and me are all cabin crew with Qantas and Virgin.

So we've got

Jack - 43 Born USA - now an Aussie - Raised in the USA - Together 17 years

James - 49

Geoff - 60 Together 5 years

Ronnie - 32 Born Switzerland - music composer

Jane - 52 - retired wealthy homestead owner in Minup

Matt - 41 Owns a salon

Anthony - 48 Real Estate and likes a dress

Craig

Adam - TV presenter

Just had some more mates confirmed.

We are all Aussies excepting two born over seas.

Geoff, Jack, Craig and me are all cabin crew with Qantas and Virgin.

So we've got

Jack - 43 Born USA - now an Aussie - Raised in the USA - Together 17 years

James - 49

Geoff - 60 Together 5 years

Ronnie - 32 Born Switzerland - music composer

Jane - 52 - retired homestead owner in Minup - think the thorn birds

Matt - 41 Owns a salon

Anthony - 48 Real Estate and likes a dress

Craig - together 5 years

Adam - TV presenter

Edited by dingoboy

Hi guys,

Wonderful to see a roll call started. We booked on the first day the cruise was listed and have been watching the cruise critic group for cruise without much hope of their being "family" on board.

To the introductions, I'm Andreas (35), travelling with Michael (32) from sunny Queensland, we've been together for 6 or 7 years.

Can't say we are as glamorous as some of the other guests described - TV presenters, composers and fly boys - but we like travel and having a good time so can be pretty fun to be around.

I'm quite jealous that you guys got free drinks packages - they are expensive but worth it.

Hope we might be able to catch up together on board - there are a lot of sea days that could get boring with out friends.

Cheers

Andreas

Hi guys,

Wonderful to see a roll call started. We booked on the first day the cruise was listed and have been watching the cruise critic group for cruise without much hope of their being "family" on board.

To the introductions, I'm Andreas (35), travelling with Michael (32) from sunny Queensland, we've been together for 6 or 7 years.

Can't say we are as glamorous as some of the other guests described - TV presenters, composers and fly boys - but we like travel and having a good time so can be pretty fun to be around.

I'm quite jealous that you guys got free drinks packages - they are expensive but worth it.

Hope we might be able to catch up together on board - there are a lot of sea days that could get boring with out friends.

Cheers

Andreas

We're not glamorous at all. Just white trash dressed up a tad.

I'd go back and check the celebrity website, just got message saying that captain's club members can book and get the drinks package from Australia.

Tell them you want it or you'll cancel and rebook. They should give it to you although they might kick and scream a bit.

Where in QLD are you guys from - we spent 8 years in Buderim on the Sunshine Coast.

Edited by dingoboy

Well if you need any tips Jack and I have been to all of these ports and as we are cabin crew we can give you lots of tips and advice - you're own private travel consultants.

Awesome!

I am looking forward to meeting everyone! I may need your advice on a few of the ports. This is my first time for all of them except for Honolulu, which I have been to via a land-based vacation.

I think the biggest challenge for me now will be to snag a first class ticket using my points on the Qantas A380 from Los Angeles to Sydney. Now that would be sweet!

--Jeff