Roll Call: Celebrity Solstice Transpacific Sydney to Honolulu 04-11-2014

World Member

Well if you need any tips Jack and I have been to all of these ports and as we are cabin crew we can give you lots of tips and advice - you're own private travel consultants.

Dingoboy, thanks for your offer. I am sure that I will have a few questions once I have had a chance to let it all sink in a bit. :) Right now I am focusing on another cruise I'm taking in less than 30 days. :D

A brief introduction: Keith (retired IT professional, from Virginia, USA, Single, and 54.)

I've made a map for this cruise where we can all drop pins where we live and what hotels we will be staying in.

Just visit the main thread for this cruise and visit the link I've posted there.

Make sure you visit the map and add your home town and pics of you and your travelling party too.

That's an order!!!!

Cheers James

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, glad to have found this thread. Four of us have booked this trip and are looking forward to it very much. Our same group crossed the Atlantic on Equinox in May 2011 as a celebration of my and my partner’s 50th birthdays, so James (Dingoboy), good for you, I hope to toast your 50th with good cheer on board. You must advise the exact date of your big day, you only turn 50 once!

We’re doing this particular cruise, a) to celebrate our 25th anniversary b) being in the South Pacific is a dream yet to be fulfilled and c) because it’s on Celebrity. Our group consists of Mark and Jim (9 years together?) and Paul and Allan (me), all from Toronto, Canada. Mark and Jim cc handles are Etobicokemark and Colin14 respectively. We’re booked on the 6th deck portside.

Looking forward to meeting everyone,

Cheers..

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone, glad to have found this thread. Four of us have booked this trip and are looking forward to it very much. Our same group crossed the Atlantic on Equinox in May 2011 as a celebration of my and my partner’s 50th birthdays, so James (Dingoboy), good for you, I hope to toast your 50th with good cheer on board. You must advise the exact date of your big day, you only turn 50 once!

We’re doing this particular cruise, a) to celebrate our 25th anniversary b) being in the South Pacific is a dream yet to be fulfilled and c) because it’s on Celebrity. Our group consists of Mark and Jim (9 years together?) and Paul and Allan (me), all from Toronto, Canada. Mark and Jim cc handles are Etobicokemark and Colin14 respectively. We’re booked on the 6th deck portside.

Looking forward to meeting everyone,

Cheers..

Yeah!!! Great to have you onboard. Only just seen this message.

Mad here, will write more soon.

James

Awesome!

I am looking forward to meeting everyone! I may need your advice on a few of the ports. This is my first time for all of them except for Honolulu, which I have been to via a land-based vacation.

I think the biggest challenge for me now will be to snag a first class ticket using my points on the Qantas A380 from Los Angeles to Sydney. Now that would be sweet!

--Jeff

yeah we're getting quite a gaggle of gays happening. My bunch are all nuts but great fun.

Just made up this little map for Sydney - sing out if you have any questions.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?msid=208802348947012870224.0004d51bef80fd4d028d3&msa=0

James

Edited by dingoboy

yeah we're getting quite a gaggle of gays happening. My bunch are all nuts but great fun.

Just made up this little map for Sydney - sing out if you have any questions.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?msid=208802348947012870224.0004d51bef80fd4d028d3&msa=0

James

James, these are great suggestions for things to do in Sydney. Thanks again for taking the time to put this map together. Now I need to get a book on Sydney to decide which to do first, second etc. :):

James, I second the thanks for your efforts and time putting the Sydney map together. Planning things to do is a fun part of any trip but the flip side is the stress of not knowing what to do or where to begin in a foreign land. Thanks!

Hi All,

Don't forget to add your details to the other map I've made on the main thread for this cruise where you can all drop a pin won your home town and sign up for other things like cabin crawls etc.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208802348947012870224.0004d52013accbd1355ee&msa=0&ll=-12.726084,159.257813&spn=120.918201,265.253906

Dont suppose any of you guys are cruising on the trip next Monday from Sydney ? (and posted here in error)

Posted a Roll Call months ago and not a response,so a bit jealous of the 2014 crowd, particularly with the liquor package thrown in.

Dingoboy - a shame as we are both QF Ground Staff in Sydney

Andreas,are you doing the 2013 trip or 2014.

Otherwise Looks like Juan and myself will be the only Gays on the Cruiseship village ...

Safe cruising......

Hi James, I noticed you have a walking group listed on the cruise map. Would you consider creating a runner's group as well? By the way, I added our four people from Toronto to the cruise map. When you have a moment, please check to ensure I haven't buggered up any rights, I had to sign into my Google+ account to see the red edit button you referenced in your instructions.

P.S. Downundermatt, this thread is indeed for April 2014, not 2013. Don't despair! We're everywhere, with good luck there will be lots of other FOD's at the Martini Bar just as there were on the Equinox TA in 2011.

Dont suppose any of you guys are cruising on the trip next Monday from Sydney ? (and posted here in error)

Posted a Roll Call months ago and not a response,so a bit jealous of the 2014 crowd, particularly with the liquor package thrown in.

Dingoboy - a shame as we are both QF Ground Staff in Sydney

Andreas,are you doing the 2013 trip or 2014.

Otherwise Looks like Juan and myself will be the only Gays on the Cruiseship village ...

Safe cruising......

Hi Guys, as per my email one of my mates is on board along with some other qantas hostess. Wish it was us. Enjoy and want to hear your tips when you get back.

Hi James, I noticed you have a walking group listed on the cruise map. Would you consider creating a runner's group as well? By the way, I added our four people from Toronto to the cruise map. When you have a moment, please check to ensure I haven't buggered up any rights, I had to sign into my Google+ account to see the red edit button you referenced in your instructions.

P.S. Downundermatt, this thread is indeed for April 2014, not 2013. Don't despair! We're everywhere, with good luck there will be lots of other FOD's at the Martini Bar just as there were on the Equinox TA in 2011.

Absolurtely if you want a runners group DONE. add it yourself if you want, otherwise I'll start a group for you.

Personally the only running I do on a ship is to the bar for happy hour.

we are going to have a ball on this cruise.

Thrilled to have your party on board too.

James

Absolurtely if you want a runners group DONE. add it yourself if you want, otherwise I'll start a group for you.

Personally the only running I do on a ship is to the bar for happy hour.

we are going to have a ball on this cruise.

Thrilled to have your party on board too.

James

Thanks James, I'll create a group over the next couple of days.

• 1 month later...

Well this thread has not been active in a while so I thought I would move it up and also ask for some help from the Aussie boys. We are staying in Sydney for 8 days before the cruise, we are on the cruise before from NZ. We are looking to rent a small, inexpensive apartment in Sydney for the 8 days. Any suggestions as to what part of the city or where to find them would be of great help. We are looking on Airbnb but....

Thanks Jeff and Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Well this thread has not been active in a while so I thought I would move it up and also ask for some help from the Aussie boys. We are staying in Sydney for 8 days before the cruise, we are on the cruise before from NZ. We are looking to rent a small, inexpensive apartment in Sydney for the 8 days. Any suggestions as to what part of the city or where to find them would be of great help. We are looking on Airbnb but....

Thanks Jeff and Bob

HI Guys,

Sorry I missed this as we are rebuilding at present.

OK Sydney is one of the world's great cities up there in the top ten by my reckoning.

As to where to stay there are lots of options that will give you a very different type of holiday.

I'd personally be looking around kings cross and surrey hills.

Check out airbnb and you will likely find something much cheaper than a hotel. Sort list some stuff and flick it on to me and I'd be happy to give you feedback.

HI Guys,

Sorry I missed this as we are rebuilding at present.

OK Sydney is one of the world's great cities up there in the top ten by my reckoning.

As to where to stay there are lots of options that will give you a very different type of holiday.

I'd personally be looking around kings cross and surrey

hills.

Check out airbnb and you will likely find something much cheaper than a hotel. Sort list some stuff and flick it on to me and I'd be happy to give you feedback.

Thanks. I have checked out airbnb but no one is yet ready to book that far out. So we will wait awhile and see what comes up in the future. I have looked in Surry and will post anything here before I book to see what anyone from AU thinks.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Jeff and Bob

I was checking into the main thread (have you ever seen such drama?!) and saw that there was another specialized one... You all sound like great folks! I have booked two pre-cruise excursions from Sydney, April 7 - blue mountains and April 9 south coast rain forest and waterfalls. Into scenic & photo ops! I booked for a party of 6 and have space for two more on each. Email me for details if interested!

Sherri

I was checking into the main thread (have you ever seen such drama?!) and saw that there was another specialized one... You all sound like great folks! I have booked two pre-cruise excursions from Sydney, April 7 - blue mountains and April 9 south coast rain forest and waterfalls. Into scenic & photo ops! I booked for a party of 6 and have space for two more on each. Email me for details if interested!

Sherri

I thought it was about to turn into a fist fight! Ugh, keep me out of that stuff. And they think we are drama queens, ha! We booked a studio in Darlinghurst between our two cruises, the March 22nd Auckland to Sydney and then the April 11th trans pacific. Sherri email on the way.

Jeff