Roll Call: Celebrity Solstice Transpacific Sydney to Honolulu 04-11-2014

World Member

I am also from the other thread. I have organized a wine tour in Auckland thru Wine Trail Tours. Cost is $175 NZ per person. If anyone is interested, email me at:bcgirard@msn.com.

Bev

I thought it was about to turn into a fist fight! Ugh, keep me out of that stuff. And they think we are drama queens, ha! We booked a studio in Darlinghurst between our two cruises, the March 22nd Auckland to Sydney and then the April 11th trans pacific. Sherri email on the way.

Jeff

I don't do drama either and I tried to put a halt to it on the other thread but apparently it didn't work....would I be welcome here?

I was checking into the main thread (have you ever seen such drama?!) and saw that there was another specialized one... You all sound like great folks! I have booked two pre-cruise excursions from Sydney, April 7 - blue mountains and April 9 south coast rain forest and waterfalls. Into scenic & photo ops! I booked for a party of 6 and have space for two more on each. Email me for details if interested!

Sherri

Hi ya,

and welcome, I haven't been on the main thread for ages but got a whisper about drama on there - how friggin silly.

It's meant to be a cruise for god sake. people should lighten up.

Makes me want to have a look and se what has been going on.

Dingoboy. The information you provided early on on the other thread was so helpful to us. For us, CC has always been for info and to get to know others we will be sailing with.

Bobnjeff Thank you for the welcome.

Bev

Everyone is welcome as far as we are concerned.

Thank you for welcoming me here! I too have some tours planned, all are full except I have one space for a single on a great day tour in Bora Bora. It is $200 per person which is a negotiated reduced rate. Day includes, snorkeling, with feeding of rays and sharks, motu lunch of bbq and polynesian feast which includes lobster and 4x4 tour in the afternoon. Is there a single here interested in this tour?

I am very happy that this thread got reinstated. :)

Hi folks,

Fascinated that there are two threads! I went away on a cruise and came back to find all sorts of drama going on! Can I join this merry band??!!

I always felt the whole point of CC was to meet people and to exchange helpful information! So, in the spirit of asking for help, I'm still looking for ideas on what to do in Moorea and Papeete. Got BB and the NZ stops organized. Any bright ideas? I don't really want to just rent a car with my friend, but we'd be happy to split costs with others if any ideas are offered!

Thanks.

Diane

Hi folks,

Fascinated that there are two threads! I went away on a cruise and came back to find all sorts of drama going on! Can I join this merry band??!!

I always felt the whole point of CC was to meet people and to exchange helpful information! So, in the spirit of asking for help, I'm still looking for ideas on what to do in Moorea and Papeete. Got BB and the NZ stops organized. Any bright ideas? I don't really want to just rent a car with my friend, but we'd be happy to split costs with others if any

ideas are offered!

Thanks.

Diane

Please do join the group. We have done the car sharing thing in the past and have really great memories from those adventures. It is the kind of thing we prefer to do infact for our next cruise Dec 6th on the Century to Hawaii we have a car booked in each port. We have not planned yet for this cruise but will look into it as the time gets closer. We tend to prefer to just eander a new place and see a few things on our own or with new friends from the ship. Not into the big organized and $$$ tours.

One other thing I will throw out there and see if anyone is interested is setting up dining tables of like minded folks. We have done it for the last few cruises and it has really worked out well. Mind you we have never really had any bad luck with just going with who the cruise line puts us with but it can be fun to arrange tables too. We are late dining. We prefer to have the same table, waiter etc. Rather old school I know but it works for us. We like a table of 8 maybe 10. Well just someting to think about.

I also think it is nice for us on the thread to share just a bit about ourselves so I will start it off. We are a married couple together since October of 1986. We are retired innkeepers, for 23 years, from Ogunquit Maine, you can google that! We now summer in Ste-Adele Quebec 45 minutes northwest of Montreal in the mountains in our log cabin on 37 acres in the woods. We tend to escapists at times! Winters we spend in Sarasota FL. Seems like a huge city to us when we first get there but really is just a small city on the west coast, home to the Ringling Circus and Siesta Beach one of the to 10 beaches in the US, we never go! Well there is just a little about us.

Jeff and Bob

Edited by bobnjeff

Hi Jeff & Bob. Isaac and I have been married for 14 yrs (together for 18). We are retired and go back and forth between Ohio and Las Vegas. We have been cruising since 1995 and love it! This will be our first cruise outside of the Caribbean, and are so looking forward to it. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Karin

Hi

In the spirit of sharing(!).....

I'm Diane, retired, married to a guy for nearly 29 years who hates travelling but is happy to cat-sit at home while I wander the world! Originally from Britain, I've been fortunate to call Canada home for over 40 years. My travelling companion on this voyage is Lucy, an old school friend from England who I've known since we were 4! She now lives in Edinburgh, Scotland but summers with us on our small island off the west coast of Canada, near Vancouver.

I'm old school about dining too, preferring to build up a relationship with the dining room staff rather than having new ones each night. I'm probably even OLDER school since I prefer early dining! Also like tables of around 8 people, if possible.

Still looking for Moorea and Papeete ideas!!

Diane

Hi all

We are married for 33 years, cruising since ....hmmm....I think 1985, hubby for longer than that. We prefer longer cruises 14+. We are early diners, traditional dining. Some of our favourite cruises Alaska, Hawaii and Faroe Islands. We have never been down under, we are doing this cruise b2b with Rhapsody 11 night Australia. Looking forward to all these new ports.

As for Papeete and Moorea....we have plans for Papeete but I may have to change those plans for health reasons. Bear in mind that we are in Moorea on Easter Sunday and I am sure this will affect our visit there to some degree,

Hi

In the spirit of sharing(!).....

I'm Diane, retired, married to a guy for nearly 29 years who hates travelling but is happy to cat-sit at home while I wander the world! Originally from Britain, I've been fortunate to call Canada home for over 40 years. My travelling companion on this voyage is Lucy, an old school friend from England who I've known since we were 4! She now lives in Edinburgh, Scotland but summers with us on our small island off the west coast of Canada, near Vancouver.

I'm old school about dining too, preferring to build up a relationship with the dining room staff rather than having new ones each night. I'm probably even OLDER school since I prefer early dining! Also like tables of around 8

people, if possible.

Still looking for Moorea and Papeete ideas!!

Diane

Diane,

We have friends joining us from Edinburgh too, small world. We all meet on a trans atlantic last Dec. On the Connie. My parents do the cat sitting for us. Can't imagine sitting at home while the other half enjoys the world!

We have been cruising since 1987. Our first was on the Norway, the old SS France after NCL bought her. I have a bot of claustrophobia so when Bob told me we were going on a cruise I freaked out. We had a tiny cabin down in steerage with bunk beds. I fell in love woth cruising and booked the next one for the following year a 21 day cruise from Athens to Rio. We do mostly long stuff now. This trip will be 40 days with 12 on the Solstice from Auckland to Sydney then 8 days in Sydney then this cruise plus all of the traveling a a couple of days in Auckland. Too much to think about! Thankfully Bob is really organized and keeps it all together for us.

Years ago we meet a couple on a cruise that had a great outlook on cruising. For years when they were younger, they were in their late 70's when we meet them, they would fly to a country then get on a bus go to the end of the line and explore. Even as they got older and that kind of travelling became a bit too difficult they still did the same thing but on a cruise in each port they would get off, rain or shine, hop on a bus or just walk and explore on their own just trying to soak up a little of each place no particular goal in mind, no need to see everything but enjoying all the small little things to be found along the way. We have adopted that outlook and travel just to see what life is like else where in the world. Not needing to see everything in day but enjoying the little bits here and there. A beautiful park, the local markets, unique alleys and back roads. Sometimes the best plan is no plan.

Diane,

We have friends joining us from Edinburgh too, small world. We all meet on a trans atlantic last Dec. On the Connie. My parents do the cat sitting for us. Can't imagine sitting at home while the other half enjoys the world!

We have been cruising since 1987. Our first was on the Norway, the old SS France after NCL bought her. I have a bot of claustrophobia so when Bob told me we were going on a cruise I freaked out. We had a tiny cabin down in steerage with bunk beds. I fell in love woth cruising and booked the next one for the following year a 21 day cruise from Athens to Rio. We do mostly long stuff now. This trip will be 40 days with 12 on the Solstice from Auckland to Sydney then 8 days in Sydney then this cruise plus all of the traveling a a couple of days in Auckland. Too much to think about! Thankfully Bob is really organized and keeps it all together for us.

Years ago we meet a couple on a cruise that had a great outlook on cruising. For years when they were younger, they were in their late 70's when we meet them, they would fly to a country then get on a bus go to the end of the line and explore. Even as they got older and that kind of travelling became a bit too difficult they still did the same thing but on a cruise in each port they would get off, rain or shine, hop on a bus or just walk and explore on their own just trying to soak up a little of each place no particular goal in mind, no need to see everything but enjoying all the small little things to be found along the way. We have adopted that outlook and travel just to see what life is like else where in the world. Not needing to see everything in day but enjoying the little bits here and there. A beautiful park, the local markets, unique alleys and back roads. Sometimes the best plan is no plan.

Wow! What a wonderful way to travel!

Diane,

We too traveled on the Norway!!! Oct/86 for us....small, small cabins but what a grand ship!! Loved that voyage!

Due to Bev and Chuck's departure from this cruise I now have 5 spots available on my Bora Bora tour. It is an all day tour, including snorkeling, shark and ray feeding, lunch of polynesian feast and bbq including lobster and 4x4 adventure. The cost is $200 which represents a discount I negotiated with the operator. I know I had people looking for spots when this was full. Anyone interested in any of these 5 seats?

We think it is amazing that you all have this thread alive so early or that I'm so late at checking Cruise Critic. You sound like a such a fun bunch and we want to join!! We are from South Florida and this cruise is part of my retirement gift to myself. We are active hikers (just did the Inca Trail) and outdoors people (diving, swimming and boating) and just got back from a fantastic trip to the Galapagos. We are interested in any/all excursions planned; so, can we get more info? Looking forward to some serious relaxing time between ports, great adventures while on land and making new friends.

Bob and Cheri

Hi Every one,

I cannot follow whats happening on the other thread can my boys and I join you all here? I think I started here when my computer messed up and a kind person directed me to the other thread. Now I am back here:)

I do not know where we fit in now?

Lilly, Thomas and Steven

Hi

Please no one take offence to this question but I see this thread falls under the "special interest cruising, gay & lesbian cruisers, G and L roll call" banner. I believe there are contributors on here who, like myself, are not gay or lesbian but who have been drawn to this thread for various reasons. So, my possibly stupid (but, hopefully, forgivable) question is.....do the originators or G and L contributors to the thread object to others being on here too?

Thanks.

Diane

Hi

Please no one take offence to this question but I see this thread falls under the "special interest cruising, gay & lesbian cruisers, G and L roll call" banner. I believe there are contributors on here who, like myself, are not gay or lesbian but who have been drawn to this thread for various reasons. So, my possibly stupid (but, hopefully, forgivable) question is.....do the originators or G and L contributors to the thread object to others being on here too?

Thanks.

Diane

I assumed everyone posting here had already figured that out and were open to it. So all those with open minds are welcome here as far as we are concerned. We do not discriminate.

I assumed everyone posting here had already figured that out and were open to it. So all those with open minds are welcome here as far as we are concerned. We do not discriminate.

Hi,

Yes, I had realized that but was led to believe some others might not and just wanted to ensure that everyone was cool!! I'm very happy to hear that! It should be a great cruise and I'm looking forward to reading more about everyone and their plans over the next months. Sounds like a lot of people are on B2B or even B2B2B! Lucky!!

That's great!

Hoping to make new friends and share information!

This will be our 6th Hawaii Tahiti cruise and also I am having my big 50 when we cross the date line so I will be having it twice.. Sorry if I sound excited? I waited six cruises for the dateline line to actually fall on my birthday:)

Usually I don't feel the need to celebrate my birthday but I think this time I have to.

I also have a wonderful tour organised in Bora Bora full day lagoon safari with lunch on a private motu. Everybody is welcome small family business, snorkel, with stingrays and sharks. Visit the coral gardens and lunch on a beautiful little island which you can walk around in 10-15 minutes. I believe the larger boat is full but the smaller boat holds 16 including Arieta and her Husband. The son who does private tours for the Hilton will run the smaller boat and the two boats meet for lunch on the island. If there is any interest or questions let me know and I will put up my email address.

Looking forward to the cruise and meeting everyone.

Lillyloveselvis

Don't know if I was on the original Roll Call but if not, here are my details:

1/ Screen name - ThursdaysChild

2/ deck - cabin number if known - 1538

3/ names of people in cabin - Liesa (pronounced "leeza")

4/ where you live - New Jersey, US

5/ early, late or select dining-Blu

I was hoping to have my brother and brother-in-law join me on this voyage, but they and another couple they travel with decided to go back to Italy for that May. Alas, I'll need to find some other Martini Bar afficionados to help me keep the bar hopping!

I just booked airfare today, and feel pretty good about the pricing and the relatively small number of miles I had to use for First and Business First upgrades. For me, the trip becomes real when the airfare is paid! Now I need to start to look into getting a visa and finding private tours to jump into or start.

Any suggestions for a centrally located Sydney Hotel for this solo traveler? I get in the morning of the 9th. Any suggestions on how a young 60-ish Jersey Girl can maximize her 2.5 days in Sydney? I have some health issue that make extensive fast-paced walking or stair climbing difficult, but I can stroll to window shop or bar hop with the best of 'em.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

(And happy to find the non-headache-inducing Roll Call for this cruise.)