Roll Call: Celebrity Solstice Transpacific Sydney to Honolulu 04-11-2014

World Member

Hey Bryan, our foursome is coming in the morning of April 7 from Toronto via LAX.

We fly out of Boston on the 1st getting to Sydney on the 3rd. Eight days to explore before the cruise. Blue mountains north coast of NSW are high on the lost besides all the city sights.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Forums mobile app

G'day all.

Welcome. Getting close now.

Jack and I have started packing.

Time to kick things up a notch.

I'm normally all over CC prior to a cruise but have been so busy with work and moving a house to the country that I simply haven't had time.

All my mates call me Vicky (from the Love Boat) because I organize stuff. That's just how I roll.

I've conversed with some of you privately via email.

Thought it might be timely to share some general info about who we are, traveling companions if any, short bio, dogs/cats, cabin numbers etc and anything you might be interested in doing on the cruise.

I know that there is normally a friends of Dorothy most nights on the cruise but often the times and locations are woeful. So if that is the case we can easily organize our own and leave a note on the notice board and in the daily compass.

Also I thought it might be fun to have a regular shuffle board comp. Thats a great way to meet people and break the ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ok I'll kick off.

ImageUploadedByForums1395520747.020007.jpg.eb9ea65795b42818ecad9300b93f416d.jpg

That's Jack and me (on the right).

Jack is 43. I'm 50 and this is my birthday cruise. And I'm bringing 6 of my best mates. More of them later. We are doing this cruise specifically to have my birthday lunch in bora bora.

We have been together for 18 years having met in Hawaii. Jack moved to Melbourne where we live. He is now a resident and citizen. We live in a tiny little miners cottage in Melbourne. Only added that bit as I love seeing how people live all over the world.

ImageUploadedByForums1395522062.189151.jpg.f281b898b8a9ffd3ff7759f2c9bf455b.jpg

We are both cabin crew: jack for Virgin, me for Qantas.

We discovered cruising a few years back and celebrity is our fav line and this itinerary we have done several times in different directions.

We have two stupid little mutts.

ImageUploadedByForums1395521332.376457.jpg.5db3e3f10cdb39eec5817660b14dd7f0.jpg

señor eta chi chi la la

And Wally. ImageUploadedByForums1395521271.011689.jpg.c88b6d19128e5c3bbede16a529411f4d.jpg

We are staying at Pullman Quay Grand in Sydney. Arriving the day before. And will be in Hawaii until about the 10th of May. Staying at the ilikai in Waikiki.

We are on deck 6 stern cabin.

I'm Bryan of Bryan and Roger. I'm a "NOO YAWKER" and Roger was English. We lived in the UK and NY. He was a nice, quiet, reserved Brit till he met me and then all hell broke loose for him. Poor man. lol.

Today is Roger's birthday and the date of our first wedding. We were married in England and the USA. I lost him two years ago. I had him for 18 years so try to keep in mind how lucky I was/am.

After discovering cruising in 2003, it became our passion. I'm trying to continue that passion. lol

I'm doing this cruise with two friends we met a few years ago on the QE and four of their friends. Should be a fun trip. I'm looking forward to meeting y'all.

Me in glasses. Roger with ship in the background.

276873093_6(2).jpg.194a052af6de843cf6b38d5e3e4015fe.jpg

514689207_weddingfurdoonme.jpg.5fce234695ec553ac230e5e16a3ddd47.jpg

OK, Bob and Jeff here Jeff doing the posting, [ATTACH]306740[/ATTACH]

Bob is on the left and I am on the right with David and David in the middle they are joining us on the cruise from Scotland along with Vince and Mike from the Boston area and our future best friend Bryan.

Bob and I have been together 27 and half years. Eee gads we must be old farts. Bob is a very young 71 and I am and old soul in a 52 year old suit. We meet in the middle. We met in Oct of 1986 in Ogunquit Maine. Google that one girls. A small resort town on the southern coast with a large gay following not unlike P-town. Bob and I ran an 18 room guest house catering to the gay community. We retired in 2002 and we now spend our winters in Sarasota Florida1395601214826.jpg.03bedd1ad67f24da9a6de4a2b55d8f91.jpg the view from our log cabin in the woods. Quiet and peaceful.

Tuesday we begin our journey to the cruise and Australia. First we have to head north to New Hampshire to leave our pussy Jasper with his grand parents, my parents. 1395601431424.jpg.a97ec61bcfc5fbab6e6ebbd44bee38aa.jpg When we return from the trip we hope to be able to head up to our northern home so we fly out of Boston on April 1 leaving the frozen tundra behind, they are due for another 6-12 inches of snow plus they have 3 feet on the ground. There is 10+ feet of snow up in Canada. Ugh!

Oh well enough for now we do have lots of days at sea. We like card games, dominoes pretty much open to anything. We are Elite so assuming there is an elite cocktail lounge we will go there from 5-7 with the Davids and Vince and Mike.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on board.

1395601051602.jpg.49e88824a8e6f05fa8471a69a533ed9f.jpg

I did not know you are Elite. Great! Hope there are more. We can take over a corner of the elite lounge!

elite + i get free coffees ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:eek:

oh yeah i like taking over a whole area. oh yeah. :D

Hi Guys I think we may be on your flight from LAX departing on April 6th and arriving early morning on April 7.

Mike and Vince

Hey Mike and Vince, will see you on board, we're in 22g/h and 23g/h. I just looked at United's seating and see more business class seats are selling... oh what I'd give to get up there..but I'm too cheap.

Hi I am Jane and I met James sometime in the eighties at a nudist colony. I am an eccentric rich old widow, I can't tell you how my husband died. I have a hippo in my dam, and a dog called Ronnie and a cat called Kev. Can't wait to meet you all.ImageUploadedByForums1395703466.756524.jpg.0943e107fa8980249afaed59cbf77706.jpg

To all friends of Dorothy on this voyage.

Please feel free to send me an email at sirjameshardy

at me dot com

There is a group of us who have been chatting and getting to know each other via email.

Hi Allan what time do you guys get into LAX we will be there for around 4 hours killing time.

Hey there, we land from Toronto CA around 2pm, giving us 7 hours to fill our time with. Our foursome is heading over to Venice Beach and hopefully heading to Santa Monica Pier.