OK, I May Have Been Wrong About The Epic

WildcatRock

Just watched an episode that I had DVR'd of Mighty Ships, that covered the Epic, and I have to admit, wow, what a ship. My DW and I both love cruising on NCL and have loved being on the Pearl multiple times, were on the Star a couple months ago, and will be on the Pearl and Jewel the next two cruises. We had absolutely ZERO interest sailing on the Epic, the Breakaway, and the Getaway.....you know, those BIG ships, as we wanted to limit our cruising to the "smaller" ships in NCL's fleet. Well, after reading all of the Epic reviews over the past couple years, and now having seen this show, it appears our opinions are changing and we'll probably book the Epic sometime in the not too distant future. She looked fun and beautiful.

I guess we need to make the jump eventually to the bigger ships. While on our recent Star cruise we were talking with one of the ship's officers who said larger ships were where the industry is heading to and we better get used to it. I firmly believe that your cruise experience is what you make of it, and it looks like we'll be having another wonderful NCL cruise experience on the Epic at some point in our future!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I know how you feel - my first cruise was the Zuiderdam on HAL (pretty small ship), then the Pearl, then Summit and Freedom of the Seas was the biggest ship. FoS was a great ship and never felt crowded. I'm cruising on the Epic in 2 weeks, so I guess we'll see how that goes, but I am definitely looking forward to it!

I think you'll enjoy the Epic. Yes, she's larger but it doesn't take away from being able to enjoy her. There are so many things to do and areas to explore and the crew and staff are still just as friendly. I cruised on her last year and enjoyed it enough to have just booked another cruise on her in a few months. Bon Voyage! :)

Just watched an episode that I had DVR'd of Mighty Ships, that covered the Epic, and I have to admit, wow, what a ship. My DW and I both love cruising on NCL and have loved being on the Pearl multiple times, were on the Star a couple months ago, and will be on the Pearl and Jewel the next two cruises. We had absolutely ZERO interest sailing on the Epic, the Breakaway, and the Getaway.....you know, those BIG ships, as we wanted to limit our cruising to the "smaller" ships in NCL's fleet. Well, after reading all of the Epic reviews over the past couple years, and now having seen this show, it appears our opinions are changing and we'll probably book the Epic sometime in the not too distant future. She looked fun and beautiful.

I guess we need to make the jump eventually to the bigger ships. While on our recent Star cruise we were talking with one of the ship's officers who said larger ships were where the industry is heading to and we better get used to it. I firmly believe that your cruise experience is what you make of it, and it looks like we'll be having another wonderful NCL cruise experience on the Epic at some point in our future!

I can't find it on You Tube do you have a link?

I have felt the same way after all these years only cruising on NCL. Our favorite being the SUN. A much smaller ship. Well we took the plunge and decided to try the EPIC. Now we just have 6 more days to see how we feel cruising a big ship. I do know it is what you make it so I know we will have a fantastic time. After all my research on the EPIC I must admit I am so excited to be going on her..:D

EPIC is great - we've been on it 3 times (14, 13 and 17 days). Yes, it's big but lovely - you have a choice of dining venues and there is plenty to do. Never felt crowded.

One complaint to NCL on the big ships: 7 days cruises are TOO SHORT to enjoy the big ships in their entirety!!

Looks like I found the episode here:

Yeap just watched the entire episode. Even with the delay in voice editing, it was still an awesome show.

Now I have a question. How can we access that whirlpool that you can see from the bridge? I'm not sure if its on deck 7 or 8 as I don't see it on the deck plans. In the video you can see people using it.

Yeap just watched the entire episode. Even with the delay in voice editing, it was still an awesome show.

Now I have a question. How can we access that whirlpool that you can see from the bridge? I'm not sure if its on deck 7 or 8 as I don't see it on the deck plans. In the video you can see people using it.

I just watched the entire thing as well, I love "Mighty Ships". But yeah, the voice thing was a little annoying, none the less I enjoyed it.

That whirlpool/pool is for the staff.

That's the crew pool, and those are crew.

You cannot access it.

We just got off the Epic Jan. 12th and I have to say that for as huge as it is, it honestly didn't feel that big walking around on it. We learned our way around by the first night. We were in a more aft cabin (awesome location for us) and easily made our way forward in a few quick minutes. We absolutely LOVED it and can't wait to book it again. Hopefully you will too!

Simon was the asst. CD on ours. We really liked him! His trivias were a lot of fun. He's a really interesting guy (kind of like me, a music and movie nut). He came in and played drums at Howl at the Moon a couple of nights.

Thanks for the link to the video. In it, simon was the Cruise director. Last I heard he was back on the Epic as the assistant CD. Anyone know if he is still on the Epic? We are on her next Saturday.

My 2 cents: skip the Epic and leapfrog to the Break- or Getaway. The latter appear to fix some of the issues with the former.

If you speak iPad, the Epic is to ships what the 3rd generation iPad was to Apple's tablet lineup.

My 2 cents: skip the Epic and leapfrog to the Break- or Getaway. The latter appear to fix some of the issues with the former.

If you speak iPad, the Epic is to ships what the 3rd generation iPad was to Apple's tablet lineup.

I mean this in a loving way...I DON'T LIKE YOU :-). For some reason, really stupidity, I didn't think there was a sailing for her this December which is when we're supposed to be on Epic. But I was wrong and it's only $100 for an inside which is what we have booked. We don't have to fly to NYC, gotta love Megabus and they're super cheap fares.

SERIOUSLY thinking about changing.

Archived