Navigating the ship - Glory

che5904

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Haha well I think my puppy in my picture would love to come along but she's somewhat spoiled and I don't think anyone would believe me that she was much a service dog. ;)

You can always take me with you and I'll show you the way!!! LOL :D:D

Even numbered cabins are port which is left side of ship.

The words even, port and left all have an even amount of letters.

Odd numbered cabins are starboard which is right side of ship.

The words odd, starboard and right all have an odd number of letters.

Perfect exactly a trick I should be able to remember.

Kind of like my Dad who was a seaman in his very young adult years. Told me there was a little "port" "left" in the bottom of the bottle. To this day I always remember that trick.

On the open deck use the Whale tail for direction. The tail is aft. LOL

:confused:

Oh I know tell me you cabin number

I'll use masking tape on the top section of the wall outside your cabin pointing forward and aft, LOL

We get off on the 30th of May so hopefully it will still be there.

Mine is 2470 and I'll have no choice but to turn left :). Take LOTS of pictures please!!!

Oh I know tell me you cabin number

I'll use masking tape on the top section of the wall outside your cabin pointing forward and aft, LOL

We get off on the 30th of May so hopefully it will still be there.

Don't laugh, on our last cruise I told my DH I was going to get a magnetic sign with an arrow on it pointing to the bow, to stick to the outside of my cabin door. He told me with my luck a kid would come along and turn it upside down :D

If you get lost, just find the closest elevator, go to deck 9. If you wind up in cabins, you're forward, if you wind up in the Lido Buffet area, you're midship, if you wind up near the covered aft pool, you are aft.

Then just figure out where you need to go from there.

OK this is a little funny because if I got to deck 9 and wound up in cabins, I'd be back to where I started from, thats where our cabin is LOL.

a couple of easy references. the elevator lobby with 6 elevators is at the front of the ship and most of the time there is only one real way to go in the public areas, because the opposite way is usually either a theater or cabins. there are also signs when you get off the elevator telling you which way to go for the public areas.

when you get off the aft stairs you are facing aft. when you get off the central stairs you are facing forward, when you get off the stairs at the 6 elevator lobby you are facing aft.

when you look at a printed plan of the ship the aft will always be to your left and forward will always be to your right. if the plan is shown perpendicular the top will always be forward and the aft is at the bottom.

and if you are staying on the lido deck it gets easy. you are at the 6 elevators aft. whatever floor you decide to get off at just look to see where the stairs are and remember if you were getting off of the stairs on that floor you would be facing aft. that never changes.

Oh, no. In May it's already hot here. Besides, we're going to the Bahamas!

Oh yes I remember now that the Glory doesn't come north until June. Sorry forgot that. Carnival, their ships and itineraries are all new to me.

Well where I am mid may can be quite nice temperature wise but the north east coast off the water is still quite chilly.

Oh yes I remember now that the Glory doesn't come north until June. Sorry forgot that. Carnival, their ships and itineraries are all new to me.

Well where I am mid may can be quite nice temperature wise but the north east coast off the water is still quite chilly.

I bet! Well too bad you can't make it down. Maybe we'll have to plan a cruise some other time.

Can I join the two of you? We can lead each other in circles? I am good at that. I carry my smart phone and gps with me wherever I go and I still drove 5 miles to get to the grocery store......problem with that is the grocery store is 7/10 of a mile from my home. I just moved here and am now afraid to leave the house!! At least with a ship you are contained in a defined area when you get lost!

Can I join the two of you? We can lead each other in circles? I am good at that. I carry my smart phone and gps with me wherever I go and I still drove 5 miles to get to the grocery store......problem with that is the grocery store is 7/10 of a mile from my home. I just moved here and am now afraid to leave the house!! At least with a ship you are contained in a defined area when you get lost!

Absolutely!!! Come on up. May 19 out of Norfolk VA 5 days to the Bahamas!

Most certainly, we can all go around in circles together LOL.

Absolutely!!! Come on up. May 19 out of Norfolk VA 5 days to the Bahamas!

Just make sure to leave her intact! LOL

We are boarding as you get off.

Taking the 2 day on the 24th followed by the 5 day on the 26th.

Che .. we are also staying on Lido. I was serious about the masking tape arrows. I wonder if I were to place them at the top of wall outside your cabin if they would still be there in June when you cruise.:D

Just make sure to leave her intact! LOL

We are boarding as you get off.

Taking the 2 day on the 24th followed by the 5 day on the 26th.

Che .. we are also staying on Lido. I was serious about the masking tape arrows. I wonder if I were to place them at the top of wall outside your cabin if they would still be there in June when you cruise.:D

Please do it at the very end of your cruise, so in case you are breaking some rule, they don't throw you over the side ;).

I seriously can't remember the cabin number but I know it is on the port side of the ship, just between the elevators and the stairs, balcony cabin.

I always remember my room number then check when I get off the stairs or elevator to see if I am going toward the odd side or even side. I usually get turned around quite often the first few days and head the wrong direction before I see the sign. My kids always laugh at me. Luckily our next cruise is on the Freedom for the second time around (plus our last 2 cruises were on the Glory and Destiny which are basically the same layout) so I think I know how to get around the public areas without any problems. But I'm sure I will still get turned around on our room floor...I always do.

I always remember my room number then check when I get off the stairs or elevator to see if I am going toward the odd side or even side. I usually get turned around quite often the first few days and head the wrong direction before I see the sign. My kids always laugh at me. Luckily our next cruise is on the Freedom for the second time around (plus our last 2 cruises were on the Glory and Destiny which are basically the same layout) so I think I know how to get around the public areas without any problems. But I'm sure I will still get turned around on our room floor...I always do.

A funny story to go with that. Keep in mind DH very rarely gets lost or turned around. On our last cruise, the first morning DH went in search alone for a bite to eat for breakfast. The blue lagoon and buffet were both open so I really don't even remember which he went to. Which ever one, it took him a long time to return. When he finally did return he explained that no, he didn't get lost, but failed to look at the room number before leaving and when he went to come back he was staring at a hall that had all the same looking doors. So he sheepishly had to go to guest services for them to tell him what room he was in. :eek: :D

A funny story to go with that. Keep in mind DH very rarely gets lost or turned around. On our last cruise, the first morning DH went in search alone for a bite to eat for breakfast. The blue lagoon and buffet were both open so I really don't even remember which he went to. Which ever one, it took him a long time to return. When he finally did return he explained that no, he didn't get lost, but failed to look at the room number before leaving and when he went to come back he was staring at a hall that had all the same looking doors. So he sheepishly had to go to guest services for them to tell him what room he was in. :eek: :D

My DH did that at a hotel. He never looked to see what room we went into when we checked in (I usually lead the way) he had to go to the car for the cooler and when he came back he didn't know what floor or room we were in. He had to go to the front desk to ask what room we were in...but our friends we went with had booked the rooms in their names so they could only call the room for him and not give him the number so we could tell him what room we were in. Needless to say he was quite embarrassed:o:D.

Archived