Help w/Bags frm Terminal Carousel to Curb?

USVI-4-me

Are porters available to transport baggage from the Celebrity terminal baggage claim (Ft. Lauderdale and/or Miami) to the curb on the last day.

If a porter must snake through the Customs line with passengers, how much do you tip per bag?

Is there anyway to arrange valet service direct from the ship to a storage area on the other side of customs?

We are not flying home from a Florida port, and we aren't staying overnight in a hotel but do need help with the baggage. Any information and/or suggestions are appreciated.

Marisa

Totally suggest getting a porter - they usually get you to the shortest/quickest line through customs. There were 5 of us so we gave him $10-15. I believe this was the case for both Port Canaveral and Miami. I think we did this in NY too. So my guess is it's pretty universal at ports.

I don't believe there's any way to do the valet from ship to the other side of customs unless you're doing some kind of post-cruise deal with them. For example when we did Disney we were going from the ship to one of their hotels so we put our luggage out the last night and didn't have to worry about to until we got to the hotel.

This is a relief: Porters are available at the baggage carousels to help with luggage, and to roll the baggage through customs to the curb, even to the garage. Yeay !!!!!!!!!

Personally, I'm willing to give at least $5 per bag, and a LARGER TIP if we ever need help to the garage.

Thank you to all posters.

-Marisa

This is a relief: Porters are available at the baggage carousels to help with luggage, and to roll the baggage through customs to the curb, even to the garage. Yeay !!!!!!!!!

Personally, I'm willing to give at least $5 per bag, and a LARGER TIP if we ever need help to the garage.

Thank you to all posters.

-Marisa

That is very fair.

Archived