Wonderful Copenhagen

Danish Viking

Thanks so much for your reply. Is it possible to get the bus schedule in English? Also do you think it would be best to purchase a 24 hr city pass or the Copenhagen card? It appears the 10 trip ticket will no longer be available.

Thanks again.

Sorry there is no English timetable, but just take the departures marked with a C in the upper timetable, man-fredag means Monday to Friday.

About the klippekort you are correct, the klippekort will not be sold anymore from 1st of June.

Then only the City Pass (24 or 72 hours) 24 hour transportation card or the Copenhagen Card (24, 72 and 120 hour) is valid together with single tickets and Rejsekortet (just like London's Oyster Card).

The Copenhagen Card is only good if you are planning on visiting alot because the card is almost 3 times more expensive compared to the City Pass.

But if you visit places like Rosenborg Palace, Tivoli or the free canal tour it quickly adds up.

Tivoli entrance is 99 kroner, canal tour is 65'ish and transportation in this area for 24 hour is 85 kroner.

So it depends on what and how many things you will see.

Some price examples.

Copenhagen Card 24 hour 299 kroner

City Pass 24 hour 80 kroner

Tivoli 99 kroner

Rosenborg and Amalienborg 90 kroner individually or combiticket 120 kroner

Canal boat tour 65 or 75 (can't remember)

Then there is other things like Glyptoteket, Christiansborg, the Zoo, Blue Planet Aquarium etc.

So it is possible to use the value of the Copenhagen Card it just takes some planning.

Edited by Danish viking

I hope that the port authority announces something about those busses in not so long time.

But I'm curious why Royal Caribbean is not running any?

Maybe they have some info about a possible shuttle run by the port authority.

But to answer your question then I would say that the easy option (but not the cheap) is to take the taxi or use the Ho/ho busses.

Thanks Danish Viking for the quick response.

I hope the port authority does announce something soon also. I emailed them at least a week ago and did not get a response.

Royal is not offered shuttles because they consider Copenhagen a point of embarkation and not a port visit. So they only offer a shuttle to and from the airport. They had no information about a port authority shuttle.

I checked the taxi rates and it is about 230 kroner on the weekend to City Hall and about 190 kroner from Nyhavn back to the ship. That is about $20 USD per person for 4 people to a taxi, so the shuttle at the cruise terminal would make a big difference.

Bill

On another board, someone mentioned that May 29, 2014 is a holiday. It may have been mentioned on this board. Will tourist sites be closed that day and the next day? I looked it up and it stated that May 30th will also be a bank holiday.

I had not planned to book anything ahead for our three days in Copenhagen but now feel I should at least book the hop on/ hop off bus. Is that advisable? I can imagine that it will be crowded due to school holidays.

Thanks,

Ruth

On another board, someone mentioned that May 29, 2014 is a holiday. It may have been mentioned on this board. Will tourist sites be closed that day and the next day? I looked it up and it stated that May 30th will also be a bank holiday.

I had not planned to book anything ahead for our three days in Copenhagen but now feel I should at least book the hop on/ hop off bus. Is that advisable? I can imagine that it will be crowded due to school holidays.

Thanks,

Ruth

The only places there would be more crowded than normal are places like Tivoli.

We will be arriving late in the day, going to our hotel at Copenhagen Plaza. Then have two full days for touring the city, then 3rd day to the ship.

Would the Copenhagen card be worthwhile? Can we use it for transportation from the airport to the Plaza and then to the pier?

What would be your suggestions for the two full days? Sorry if this has already been asked - tried to read some of the reviews but there are so many pages!

I've been trying to decide the same thing. there is a calculator at the Copenhagen Card website which helps you add up the costs of the attractions you wish to visit. the cost of the train from the airport into the city is quite cheap, only like $5 so that should not be too much of a concern.

The best option would to buy the 48 hour card.

When to calculate the total price its worth noticing that the calculator on the cph card website uses the 24 hour transportation card that costs 130.

If you don't plan on seeing The Viking ship museum in Roskilds, The open air museum and Brede Works in Sorgenfri/Lyngby, Frederiksborg Palace in Hillerød, Louisiana museum and Karen Blixen museum in Humlebæk or Kronborg Castle and Maritime Museum in Helsingør (Elsinore) then you don't need the 24 hour transportation card.

For travel between the airport cruise port and all tourist sites in zones 1, 2, 3 and 4 in Copenhagen then the City Pass will be a better way to compare prices.

Its only costing 80 kroner for the 24 hour and also notice that some museums like the national museum, open air museum and Brede Works has free entrance.

There is also a combined Rosenborg and Amalienborg Palace combiticket that costs 120 kroner, single ticket is 90 kroner.

After several follow-ups, I just heard from the Cruise Terminal Manager, Verner Biener Hansen, about a private shuttle on the weekends from C330. He said: "from the port side we have no intention of handling a shuttle, and I am not aware of the plans from private companies."

I assume that means that we will all be on our own when it comes to getting from the new cruise terminal to public transportation that is several km away. Very disappointing!

Bill

After several follow-ups, I just heard from the Cruise Terminal Manager, Verner Biener Hansen, about a private shuttle on the weekends from C330. He said: "from the port side we have no intention of handling a shuttle, and I am not aware of the plans from private companies."

I assume that means that we will all be on our own when it comes to getting from the new cruise terminal to public transportation that is several km away. Very disappointing!

Bill

I just received the following message from Arnt Moller Pederson, COO Cruise and Ferries: "For your information, there will be a lot of taxi available to take you to the City Center or you can use the "Hop on/off buses. There are 5 different companies.

I have also heard rumors that the Cruise line will set up a Shuttle Service and a private company is considering to start one as well - but nothing definitive yet!"

So, I guess there is still hope.

Danish Viking, can you elaborate on the Hop on/off buses? What do they cost? Where do they pick up near the C330 cruise terminal?

Thanks,

Bill

Do you know if the following will open on May 29th:

The ability to get the Copenhagen card and exchange money at Central Station

Christianborg Palace

National Museum

Thorvaldsens Museum

Tivoli Gardens

Will anything be closed on May 30th?

Thank you.

Do you know if the following will open on May 29th:

Thank you.

Christianborg Palace... open every day 10.00-17.00 (except for a few days i March).

National Museum... open Tuesday-Sunday 10.00-17.00 Mondays closed.

Thorvaldsens Museum... open Tuesday-Sunday 10.00-17.00 Mondays closed. Free entrance on Wednesdays.

Tivoli Gardens... 10. April - 21. September; Sunday - Thursday 11.00-23.00, Friday & Saturday 11.00-24.00.

Edited by Desdichado62

Do you have to pay an entry fee at Tivoli to go to the Biergarten?

I was wrong before, The Biergarden has opened up to the outside so now its possible to visit the biergarden without entering Tivoli.

http://www.tivoli.dk/da/mad/biergarten+bernstorffsgade/?utm_source=Ekstrabladet.dk&utm_content=01.30_930x180_biergarten_6&utm_campaign=Tivoli%202013%20Biergarten%20uge%2042-13%20(2014)