help with fort lauderdale hotel

Iris5383

Need help finding an inexpensive motel/hotel in fort lauderdale near inexpensive restaurant or fast food and with a liquor store within walking distance for one night precruise. Airport/cruiseport shuttle, too. Any suggestions are appreciated!

What date? Inexpensive means different things depending on the date.

Shuttle service offered from the airport will only be at hotels NEAR the airport. Very few offer free shuttles to the port, but rates aren't very high...under $20 per cab ride for most hotels.

What date? Inexpensive means different things depending on the date.

Shuttle service offered from the airport will only be at hotels NEAR the airport. Very few offer free shuttles to the port, but rates aren't very high...under $20 per cab ride for most hotels.

March 17 is the date. Thanks for your help.

It looks like from your signature that you are traveling in March and this is peak season, therefore good deals will be hard to find. Go the Priceline or Hotwire route for the best deals. You will not find out the name of the hotel until after you book but it will be much cheaper than booking directly with the hotel. Bob

Hampton Inn north FLL (SW 12th Ave) has everything you want. In the same neighborhood, the Holiday Inn Express and Best Western Plus on S.R. 84 have everything too, but charge for the shuttles to the port...no worries, a taxi will be less than $15 from there.

Free port shuttles plus walking distance to liquor stores are getting very hard to come by.

If you can find a hotel on Stirling Rd at I95 that offers port and airport shuttles, you'll be by fast food and BJs liquor store. You need a membership to buy wine there but can buy some wines at Kmart if you want wine too.

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I booked through Priceline so didn't know which hotel I would get until I paid, but ended up with Springhill Suites by Mariott. The price was $113 but I found a coupon for Priceline online. By putting "PLAYOFFS" in the coupon code you get 10% off, only through 02-04-13. It has everything I was looking for - free airport shuttle, free breakfast and places to buy wine. Also close to Chipolte, McDonalds, Taco Bell and Ross Dress for Less in case I forgot anything.

Now on to planning excursions. . . :)

Springhill Suites seems to fit your bill and also has breakfast included in the price. We stayed there end November last and would have no hesitation in recommending it.

Thank you! I didn't know this is the one I would get when I booked with Priceline, but it's good to know you would recommend it.

We checked into this hotel last night for a 3 night stay pre-cruise. I am very pleased. We are a family with 2 younger kids. McDonalds right next door - fairly large shopping mall within 3 minutes with liquor store and Winn Dixie. Wendy's Subway, nice sports bar/roadhouse type of restaurant. The hotel is VERY clean. It's basic, but has a nice pool and proximity to everything is great. I can't recommend it more highly. We're very pleased. Affordable too.

Thank you! I didn't know this is the one I would get when I booked with Priceline, but it's good to know you would recommend it.

You're welcome. :) We got it on Hotwire for a very good price too. If I remember rightly, there's a burger king right next door. McDonalds and Taco Bell are just across the main road. And there are sit-down places a bit farther away but still walkable in Oakwood Plaza. We ate at the Ale House one night and TGI Fridays the next. You need to book up for the port shuttle at reception. They have different shuttles for the different ships.

Have a great cruise!

We just stayed 01-04-13 pre cruise one night at the Hampton Inn Plantation. It is very clean and the staff are very helpfull. They have a free airport stuttle and free stuttle to your ship in the morning. It includes a nice breakfast also. Has a nice pool. There are restaurants and stores to buy wine within walking distance. If you sign up for the Hilton rewards program we had a very nice room for $167 refundable up to the day of the stay.

We just stayed 01-04-13 pre cruise one night at the Hampton Inn Plantation. It is very clean and the staff are very helpfull. They have a free airport stuttle and free stuttle to your ship in the morning. It includes a nice breakfast also. Has a nice pool. There are restaurants and stores to buy wine within walking distance. If you sign up for the Hilton rewards program we had a very nice room for $167 refundable up to the day of the stay.

Total Wine recently opened up around the corner.:) It's great to hear that Hampton Plantation still has free port shuttles!

• 2 weeks later...

Did you happen to notice how late the airport to hotel shuttle runs? Scheduled to arrive c. 8pm (if weather conditions sty ok...)

Thanks!

Mary

• 3 months later...
We checked into this hotel last night for a 3 night stay pre-cruise. I am very pleased. We are a family with 2 younger kids. McDonalds right next door - fairly large shopping mall within 3 minutes with liquor store and Winn Dixie. Wendy's Subway, nice sports bar/roadhouse type of restaurant. The hotel is VERY clean. It's basic, but has a nice pool and proximity to everything is great. I can't recommend it more highly. We're very pleased. Affordable too.

This hotel is currently on our short list for next March. Could someone tell me if they have their own shuttle, or is it a shuttle service that services multiple hotels?

Archived