why no garbage recepticals

bingomamma19

The bottom inch or so of the cone has no ice cream. Why waste stomach space on that? :D

Need to fill the cone straight down then swirl. As you eat push it down.:D

We leave our trash on room service trays left in the corridors.

My sweet European Mom had a devil of a time with the concept of service. If we went out to dinner Mom would scrape the plates and stack the dishes and brush of the crumbs and Dad would get to be the garbage disposal for all the stuff us kids didn't eat. At a Hotel she would wipe up the bathroom, fold and hang the towels, and make the bed. We tried for 60 years to get her to stop, but nothing could change her habits. She never ever got comfortable with the idea that she should grab a clean plate when she went back to the buffet, as soon as she finished and would stand up to go back to the line one of us was always snatching her plate out from under her and she always made the same comment "why should I dirty another plate for someone to wash". Oh, Mom, I miss you.

Solution for your half eaten ice cream cone..... Throw it overboard and feed the fishies!

I've always wondered the same thing. I end up putting banana peels and apple cores in ashtrays and flushing ice cream cones down the toilet. :D

I think Mizz was kidding but I find Name disposal disgusting. There are so few ashtrays as it is and to find one with food remains is really disgusting. Ashtrays seem like one item service staff can't see or refuse to pick up to empty. Toilet system will clog up with cones in it.

Plan on eating the cone where there is a place to discard remains and don't disrespect others.

Amen to that. What's worse is having a kid and a husband who get USED to leaving their crap just sitting and continue the habit at home. It takes days to get them housebroken again! LOL

Wait. Hold on a Minute. You mean you can actually teach your kids and Husband to do something other than leave stuff laying around. Really. This is news to me. :D Lol. Currently my little one is in the stage of throwing everything in the trash. I mean everything. Yesterday I found two containers that we had used for our lunch (set them down for a second while I went to the bathroom and two cups in the trash can). Probably a good thing that there are not trash cans around on the ship. Don't want my kiddo digging in it or throwing everything away.

My sweet European Mom had a devil of a time with the concept of service. If we went out to dinner Mom would scrape the plates and stack the dishes and brush of the crumbs and Dad would get to be the garbage disposal for all the stuff us kids didn't eat. At a Hotel she would wipe up the bathroom' date=' fold and hang the towels, and make the bed. We tried for 60 years to get her to stop, but nothing could change her habits. She never ever got comfortable with the idea that she should grab a clean plate when she went back to the buffet, as soon as she finished and would stand up to go back to the line one of us was always snatching her plate out from under her and she always made the same comment "why should I dirty another plate for someone to wash". Oh, Mom, I miss you.[/quote']

That is so sweet, thanks for sharing.

Archived