why no garbage recepticals

bingomamma19

Just back from my 4th cruise--this time the Carnival Breeze.

One thing that I dont get, is why arent there any places to put your garbage? I cant tell you how many times I would walk around looking for somewhere to put a half eaten melting ice cream cone, or a napkin or some time of garbage. There was literally nowhere to put it.

Seems that the crew would have way less clean up to do if they gave us passengers a way to put our own garbage (or even our dishes). I hate walking away from my dirty dishes, I would be happy to put them in a central collection area.

Oh, that is odd.

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like I would have been wondering for a while looking for one, as I too am used to picking up my dishes from example a table by the pool and putting them in a central collection spot.

Probably has to do with all the recycling they do. They wouldn't want someone throwing their melting ice cream cone in the plastic bins.

Exactly. Every piece of trash is recycled on Carnival and therefore they do not want it placed into a trash receptacle. It is easier for the staff to clean up the stuff you leave on the table and separate it than to have to dig and sift through trash cans.

you would be surprised at what happens to table ware, flat ware, glasses etc. when people are their own busboys. if i remember correctly when tables are bussed the bussee has a trolley with a lot of different bins, lots easier to seperate on the spot then try and clear a mess at a central location.

They tend to overflow. I remember seeing them on a Disney ship, and overflow they did.

They didn't do that on my two previous cruises, but as soon as people set down their tray there was someone there to clear it away. I never seen anymore than 5 trays at most at any one time before they were cleared away.

Thanks all, the answers appear quite logical. Although I'm not sure it will make me feel any less guilty from walking away from a table of dirty dishes. ;)

Someone will probably clear your table before you have time to feel the guilt.:)

If you dont look back you will never know lol

If I'm on Lido I'll leave items at the service areas they use for dirty dishes. Having visited the environmental/garbage disposal areas on a couple of Behind the Fun tours, they separate EVERYTHING for disposal and possible recycling. Even the trash in your cabin trash can is hand sorted for what can be incinerated vs. recycled vs. offloaded in port. (One reason I'm always very careful to never leave a razor in the can without a safety cover on it.) My vote for worst job on the ship has always gone to the garbage sorters down in the bowels of the ship hand sifting through trash. And it doesn't smell nice in there, either.

Thanks all, the answers appear quite logical. Although I'm not sure it will make me feel any less guilty from walking away from a table of dirty dishes. ;)

Don't feel guilty che, that's what the $2 per day for other services is for:).

Amen to that. What's worse is having a kid and a husband who get USED to leaving their crap just sitting and continue the habit at home. It takes days to get them housebroken again! LOL

Archived