Super Bowl carried on Journey?

Symmes99

We board the Azamara Journey in Hong Kong on February 3rd and don’t sail until 6:00pm on February 4th. The Super Bowl is on February 3rd; kick-off is at 6:30pm (eastern US time). Hong Kong is 13 hours ahead, so the game time in Hong Kong would be 7:30am on Monday, February 4th. I am hoping the Super Bowl will be available on the ship’s TVs or maybe in a lounge. If not, I’ll have to look for a sports bar on land. Has anyone watched a Super Bowl on a ship before?

We board the Azamara Journey in Hong Kong on February 3rd and don’t sail until 6:00pm on February 4th. The Super Bowl is on February 3rd; kick-off is at 6:30pm (eastern US time). Hong Kong is 13 hours ahead, so the game time in Hong Kong would be 7:30am on Monday, February 4th. I am hoping the Super Bowl will be available on the ship’s TVs or maybe in a lounge. If not, I’ll have to look for a sports bar on land. Has anyone watched a Super Bowl on a ship before?

Hi Symmes,

I could be wrong on this, but I would think the ship will broadcast it. Perhaps Bill Leiber will confirm.

Last February on Quest there was quite a good get together in cabaret Lounge for the Superbowl.Game was shown on large screen.

Well attended and catered

I would expect similar this year.

Cheers

John

Thanks Andy, John and others for your replies.

My TA got a reply from Azamara Journey:

Unless we have a last minute technical problem....which hardly ever happens, we will definitely broadcast the Super Bowl.

Regards

Liesl Smit

Guest Relations Manager

Azamara Journey

Azamara Club Cruises

I will thank Liesl in person when I'm on board!

Go 49ers!

Thanks Andy, John and others for your replies.

My TA got a reply from Azamara Journey:

Unless we have a last minute technical problem....which hardly ever happens, we will definitely broadcast the Super Bowl.

Regards

Liesl Smit

Guest Relations Manager

Azamara Journey

Azamara Club Cruises

I will thank Liesl in person when I'm on board!

Go 49ers!

Liesl is a lovely person, you will be well taken care of by her

I have to also say Go49ers. We will get out our 49ers Millers glass we were given during a weekend visit to San Francisco on January 1995. I had a significant birthday and my then boyfriend decided to mark it (now at this stage we had never been to the US or understood distance). Anyway he booked us a weekend trip to San Francisco to use some Airmiles he had so we were to be in SF from Friday to Tuesday. We get there and there is this Superbowl thing and a team called the 49ers were in it, something we had never heard of.

I wont bore with the details but the party atmosphere in our hotel was amazing, suddenly it became all free food and cheap drinks, then at the end a free drink. That night we fell in love with all things USA (and agreed something else between us!!)

My husband and I are now regular visitors to the USA, 49ers fans at a distance and still have that glass from that night in regular use

Thanks Andy.

I've also asked my TA about this. She called Azamara and was told they'd have to email the ship. I'll post whatever information she finds.

Hello Symmes99 and other readers -

Yesterday I checked with our Vice President of Hotel Operation about the Super Bowl status on both vessels on Sunday, February 3rd.

He just reported that normally we have access; however, before he could confirm he wants to double-check where we stand with our negotiations for the Super Bowl. I've also copied him in on the email from the ship. I just want to share this information with you for the sake of good order in our communication process.

So a "time-out" until I receive the final word.

I used to live in San Francisco during the 90's when I worked with Larry when we were at the original Seabourn in San Francisco before it was moved to Miami and merged with Cunard.

So I left my heart there and like Uktog, I'll have to say, "Go Niners!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thanks for checking, Bill.

It's not critical that I see the game live (it'll be on my DVR when I get home), so no problem if the ship doesn't have it - I'll then have more time to go ashore and shop for jade with my wife.

And either way, when I see Liesl on board, I'll thank her for trying to keep an NFL addict happy.

Thanks for checking, Bill.

It's not critical that I see the game live (it'll be on my DVR when I get home), so no problem if the ship doesn't have it - I'll then have more time to go ashore and shop for jade with my wife.

And either way, when I see Liesl on board, I'll thank her for trying to keep an NFL addict happy.

Hello Symmes99 and other readers -

Let the game begin! I've learned that we will be broadcasting the Super Bowl on both vessels!

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

• 2 weeks later...

It's irrelevant to this thread, but for the benefit of others next year who may be searching the boards, the Quest had a great Super Bowl party in the Cabaret, complete with balloons of e team colors, burgers and hot dogs, and the game on a big screen!

Fun, fun, fun! Thanks, Russ, and sorry about your Niners!

Archived