Dinner table sizes

mompolo

We have only been on one previous Royal cruise and we were seated at a table for 8. On our last cruise, there were 4 of us and we were seated at a table for 4 (on Carnival). We are going to be on Freedom in a few weeks and there are 3 of us - do you think they will put us at a large table?? I really enjoy meeting new people and didn't care for the smaller table when we had it. I don't think my husband did any type of request for table size - do you think we still could??

We have only been on one previous Royal cruise and we were seated at a table for 8. On our last cruise, there were 4 of us and we were seated at a table for 4 (on Carnival). We are going to be on Freedom in a few weeks and there are 3 of us - do you think they will put us at a large table?? I really enjoy meeting new people and didn't care for the smaller table when we had it. I don't think my husband did any type of request for table size - do you think we still could??
Sure, you can change your table size request. Just call your TA or RCI, depending on who you booked through.

The MDR will be open on one level on boarding day. Go find your table(the number is on your SeaPass). If you don't like the size ask the maitre d' who will be there from about 1 to 4 to change you to a larger table. Most of the time your request will be honored.

I suggest you take care of this before you board. Many people make requests when they board. They can not always be met. If you ask no they can usually meet your request.

I ike tables for 8. We used to ask for tables of 6. We thought they were small enough for conversation--but, big enough to get a mix of people. That was true for our first couple of cruises.

Lately, we have had diners not show up for dinner in the MDR. I would say we ran them off [just kidding] but, they never came a single time. We ask for late dining and many of these pax wanted early and did not get it. So, they go to the WJ and specialty restaurants.

Now we ask for tables of 8. On our last cruise all 8 were there. We had a good time. :) On our Alaska cruise there were only 4 of us that showed.:(

Archived