Query for Riviera Experts

tallship

I haven't been on Riviera although I have been on Marina and the three "R" ships.

I never had a problem with proximity to the elevator other than convenience.

We didn't hear noise, either from the elevators themselves or the passengers that use them.

Mura

I'm sure no expert having just taken our very first Oceania cruise, but it was on Riviera. We were not near the elevators, but based on the sounds surrounding the elevators when I was there (which was often), I can't see how it would be an issue. And most especially if you would be near the aft elevators. There are only 2. There were rarely many people waiting there and the elevators were basically silent ... no loud ding when it arrived.

I would, however, highly recommend the PH suite if you want more room. The Concierge level does offer some extra perks, but are basically the same size as regular verandah suites. Just a thought.

Enjoy your first Oceania cruise!

We are deciding between a PH or Concierge cabin....one of the Concierge cabins we have been offered is on deck 9 appears to be directly adjacent to a bank of elevators. Is that a negative? Would love to know...thx

Hi,

We were in 8119 on Riviera which was about 5 cabins or so from the bank of elevators. The elevators were not an issue with noise. What was sometimes a bit of an issue was people's voices as they were going to and from the elevators. But the rooms seem to be more sound proof than most hotels where we have stayed.

Also Concierge 10105 Riviera for our Lands of Time cruise this past July was a quiet room, but it was well aft. No noise back there at all aside from engines when sailing. Half of our Deck 10 was PHs. We visited a couple and they are big, roomy, and beautiful. Check JimandStan's pictures. If a PH was within our means this year, we would be there! ;)

Where ever you end up, you will have an enjoyable cruise. I haven't heard of an undesirable cabin anywhere on the ship. Enjoy!

We are deciding between a PH or Concierge cabin....one of the Concierge cabins we have been offered is on deck 9 appears to be directly adjacent to a bank of elevators. Is that a negative? Would love to know...thx

We always try to be very close to the elevators and since they are in an alcove we never hear any noise at all from them..

Jancruz1

Thx for the reassuring posts...the cabin we are offered is midship so directly adjacent to the large set of elevators but not far from the other set as well as stairs

Also, is the Concierge Club and other C perks worth the extra?

We were in 10033 on Marina which is a PH located adjacent to the elevators and last cruise on Riviera in 7098, a balcony stateroom, again next to the elevator.

We never heard noise on either ship but loved the convenience of being near the stairs and elevators.

Riviera is a beautiful ship and you will enjoy every aspect of your cruise.

Fran in Florida

Thanks.

I am hoping to have a bit more detail in terms of physical location on Riviera....

First of all, Marina and Riviera are virtually identical in layout and facilities, with only minor differences in lighting and decor. Location of cabins and noise of elevators, if any, are idenitcal on both ships.

There is no disadvantage to proximity to the elevators. If anything, the closer you are the fewer steps you have to take to get to them, which to me is a definite advantage.

I've been on Marina for 34 days in various locations and Riviera for 30 days in 3 different locations, some of them close to the elevators. In every case, once I close the door of the cabin it's as if the rest of the world does not exist.

I'm no expert on Riviera by any means, but we recently stayed in a Deck 9 Concierge room, slightly forward of mid-ships. We were a few doors away from the centre elevators/staircase and never heard a peep of external noise into our room. We loved the location and would certainly choose it again.

Archived