Airfare on a repositioning cruise

travelnnana

We are thinking of doing a repositioning cruise fall 2006. I think in that case it is best to get a quote on Cruise ship air. Any thoughts?

Some cruiseline air is cheaper than doing your own ...you can also pay a deviation fee to get the specific flights you want and sometimes there is an additional charge if the cruiseline has to pay more for that carrier.

Check all the options before you decide.

Is that not like an open jaw??? (unsure what a repositioning cruise is sorry)

Repositioning cruise are when they move the ship from Europe to Caribbean for the winter season and reverse in spring. Usually they are a bit cheaper because you are at sea for several days.

Not for all ....some people do not like being "ship bound" for days on end.

We found it cheapest for our upcoming Sep 2005 Repo to book 2 one-ways SFO-CPH / FLL -SFO. However, it raises the insurance cost a bit because cruise line insurance would be cheaper for us but the cruiseline insurance will not include the Independent Air. If one does not want any pre-cruise or post-cruise stays, then cruise air would have worked out well. With Princess one can remove the cruiseline air until approx 3 months before the sail date./Sultan

I have done two repositioning cruises: a Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale on Holland America and a Fort Lauderdale to Rome via Manaus on Princess. In both cases, the air quoted by the cruise lines was significantly better than I could have gotten on my own. To be certain with your situation, shop around and see what offers you can obtain. Good luck! Getting the best air "nailed down" is increasingly becoming a major hassle in planning a cruise.

Archived