LIVE from the Grand Princess - 49 days from FLL thru South America to SFO

Pia1913

PIA - thank you for the great LIVE from the Grand BLOG. All your work and time was greatly appreciated. I know all of us going on next year's cruise on the Crown will refer to your comments a lot as we plan our cruise.

Thank You!:)

PIA - thank you for the great LIVE from the Grand BLOG. All your work and time was greatly appreciated. I know all of us going on next year's cruise on the Crown will refer to your comments a lot as we plan our cruise.

Thank You!:)

If someone would offer to pay my fare, I might be persuaded to come along as an unpaid port lecturer. ;):D;)

Hmmm - Mike sounds like a good bet to pay your fare ;)

We do have a couple of ports you didn't do on next years cruise. Might as well return to South America again and review those, too :)

Only place on your cruise we haven't seen is ILHABELA, Brazil. Mike says he'd stay home under the right circumstances. What a guy! :)

So many adoring fans!! Wow, and what a trip! You overcame all obstacles and had a blast. I have followed your cruise as I hope to one day do the same. We will have to be retired, but it wont be long.

You have a gift for communicating, and yes Princess should hire you as a port lecturer. I will be sure to make your acquaintance on the Royal TA in October.

If someone would offer to pay my fare, I might be persuaded to come along as an unpaid port lecturer. ;):D;)

Pia will look for your name on the port lecture list on our future cruises. Wouldn't I be surprised if I did find you. All the best to you and Mike for your next adventures. How about a cruise around Australia sometime. Cheers Lorri. P.S. did you hear anything about the Grand before it left for Hawaii. Had friends on the 49 day with you and they said the ship did not leave port until 10pm.

P.S. did you hear anything about the Grand before it left for Hawaii. Had friends on the 49 day with you and they said the ship did not leave port until 10pm.

We have friends on board and since they were intransit, were allowed to reboard at 3 PM. They were the first ones back on the ship. Blame it on the Coast Guard.

We have friends on board and since they were intransit, were allowed to reboard at 3 PM. They were the first ones back on the ship. Blame it on the Coast Guard.

Hi Pia, thank you for that info. Our friends could see the ship from their hotel after disembarking and were very curious as to why it left very late.

Also have you found someone to put the little chocolates on your pillow at night.

Cheers

Hi Pia, thank you for that info. Our friends could see the ship from their hotel after disembarking and were very curious as to why it left very late.

Also have you found someone to put the little chocolates on your pillow at night.

Cheers

All the chocolates are in my frig. I never eat them and Mike saves them to bring home. That's the only way he's gonna' have chocolate in this house! :D

Might be the case Jim, but you know I only drink white. ;)

I'm a white wine consumer as well but Those red wines from Spain can be pretty tasty

We're leaving for a cruise next week from your neck of the woods and will be traveling with a few 1.5L pouches of Sauv Blanc

I'd be very hesitant to take a cruise out of San Francisco immediately following one which just arrived from South America. The Star Princess was delayed last year (9:30pm actual departure) and now the Golden Princess (10pm departure) this year. Perhaps it won't be an issue in the future with the Golden Princess home ported in San Francisco. In both cases the Coast Guard inspection was a contributing factor.

Just an observation...

I'd be very hesitant to take a cruise out of San Francisco immediately following one which just arrived from South America. The Star Princess was delayed last year (9:30pm actual departure) and now the Golden Princess (10pm departure) this year. Perhaps it won't be an issue in the future with the Golden Princess home ported in San Francisco. In both cases the Coast Guard inspection was a contributing factor.

Just an observation...

Do you mean the Grand?

Pia, do you remember if the shrimp salad in IC was full of fennel? On our Emerald TA in September there was shrimp/fennel salad all 16 days. I hate fennel!

I'm not crazy about their shrimp salad and only had it once in the 49 days. If there was, not enough for me to have remembered it. I usually only get the grilled veggies. Used to like chicken salad, but now they put in too much mayo.

• 2 months later...
Yes, it’s just about over. Just had my last Grand Princess ice cream cone (not that I eat one that often), and other than those last minute items that have to wait until morning; we are finished!

Since the internet has been so bad these past few days, I’m hoping that I can at least get this posted before we get off. This thread has been overwhelming; I don’t everrecall a LIVE having over 100,000 hits. It’s mind boggling to think how many people are actually reading my nonsense. And it is mostly nonsense. For that I thank you. If it weren’t for you guys, there’d be no LIVE. These blogs need participants and participate you do. Even with all the side bar stuff; I.e. photos, closets, Voltaren, etc. Those diversions are important too. :D

I also

wish to especially thank my friends who save me minutes by answering some of the questions. Much appreciated.

Thanks also for bearing with me through my various ailments. We coughed and sneezed together. We drank cough syrup together. We limped along with a sprained ankle together. And we definitely laughed together.

See you all on the Royal in September.

Hi Pia...have been going thru ur posts. We are booked for next year on the Crown..we were wait listed for the Grand #543. Would u say the 49 day SA cruise is one not to be missed? I am now having mixed feelings. The political issues, the inclement weather affecting the ports, the cost of the Brazilian visas and Argentina reciprocity fees. I would hate spend all that money and be miserable for 49 days....my poor husband!! We did 32 days Singapore to Sydney and loved it and have 29 days Iceland British Isles booked in August.

Archived