Moving furniture in room?

This corner aft JS is on Enchantment not Navigator. The whole thread is a "live From" Enchantment. If you go back to the beginning of the thread you will find the room number. I think it was 7666.

Yes, I realise that.:) I was referring to the picture that is in this thread by Lady Cruiser, it does not identify what ship it is or what class cabin.

Ok I found some pics of one of the aft JS on Enchantment on this thread -check out post #77:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1754631&page=4

You can see the edge of the bed almost touching one of the chairs. Behind the drapes in the back of the pic is the sliding glass door out to the balcony. At least there is enough room to open the door and get out.

And about the desk chair-I didn't mean that it's in the way. Just saying that it's in there and can be used as a chair.

Wow!!! That IS a lot of furniture in the cabin. I got claustrophobic just looking at the picture. No need for two single chairs.

The JS corner afts on EN are definitely WAY overstocked with furniture. As for putting furniture out on the balcony... I've always heard that they ask you not to leave clothing/towels out on the balcony, and have always understood it was a fire hazard. Can't imagine moving fabric furniture out to the balcony is a good idea... Can't wait to see just how crowded this room (7666) is, we're booked in it at the end of March.

they stretch out to play video games

And there it is.... As if cruising wasn't already the most "pre-packaged" easy vacation solution ever, she needed space for her kids to sprawl out while playing video games. Congratulations parents of America. You have officially stopped trying....

When it comes right down to it I probably won't be able to bring myself to put the chairs out there even if I did say I would. I don't go around destroying furniture so you won't have to worry about me.

Obviously you have not seen a picture of the aft JS with 2 large chairs, sofa, coffee table and desk chair. If you wanted to sit on the sofa you would have to put your feet in a chair and vice versa. It's literally stuffed with furniture:eek: so that you cannot walk around.

The aft JS cabins on Enchantment must be configured differently from those on the port and starboard sides.

This is what we've experienced on Enchantment in a JS. Of course, they don't show those cabins with "the Pole" at the foot of the bed.

shp_en_jun-suite_img_305.jpg

And there it is.... As if cruising wasn't already the most "pre-packaged" easy vacation solution ever, she needed space for her kids to sprawl out while playing video games. Congratulations parents of America. You have officially stopped trying....

Why are you still in this thread? Take your judgy rudeness elsewhere if you have nothing meaningful to contribute. Why exactly do you care if my kids need to chill after a day of swimming and adventure ocean activities? This post is about the furniture.

The aft JS cabins on Enchantment must be configured differently from those on the port and starboard sides.

This is what we've experienced on Enchantment in a JS. Of course, they don't show those cabins with "the Pole" at the foot of the bed.

shp_en_jun-suite_img_305.jpg

The JS on the sides of the ship look like this. The aft JS are very different -not nearly as long as this. However the balconies are awsome!:D

That may work- flipping the sofa bed to face the slider far enough down to place the two big chairs against the wall beside it. I like that idea, thanks for posting that picture!

You are welcome and our easy chair in the other corner stayed right where it was.

Why are you still in this thread? Take your judgy rudeness elsewhere if you have nothing meaningful to contribute. Why exactly do you care if my kids need to chill after a day of swimming and adventure ocean activities? This post is about the furniture.

Lighten up. You're the one who posted the question. I'm sorry you don't like my reaction to it. Perhaps I was a bit too "efficient" with my words. A more verbose solution might be this: Take this as an opportunity to change things up. Have the steward close up the bed and tell the kids to take a video game vacation too. Seven days without it won't kill them, and it might even do them some good. You're presumably paying a good deal for this trip. Perhaps you should be able to enjoy your room in a slightly more functional way. I'm sure the kids won't suffer terribly by having to forego their presumed usual routine of sprawling out and playing video games.

Lighten up. You're the one who posted the question. I'm sorry you don't like my reaction to it. Perhaps I was a bit too "efficient" with my words. A more verbose solution might be this: Take this as an opportunity to change things up. Have the steward close up the bed and tell the kids to take a video game vacation too. Seven days without it won't kill them, and it might even do them some good. You're presumably paying a good deal for this trip. Perhaps you should be able to enjoy your room in a slightly more functional way. I'm sure the kids won't suffer terribly by having to forego their presumed usual routine of sprawling out and playing video games.

Why do these threads always have to turn into this? Like Springvalley asked... what do you care? Your post has nothing to do with the OP's original question and was no help whatsoever. You obviously don't have kids... and if you do then it is you who needs to lighten up. My son is 12 and loves to bring his Nintendo DS on board when we cruise. If I am sitting on my balcony relaxing and he wants to play his games, so be it. If he wants to "sprawl out on the bed..." so be it. Climb down off that soapbox.

Archived