Enchantment Room Safes????

I have seen two different mentions of the room safes on Enchantment having to be opened and closed by sliding a "credit" card in the slot. Is that true???? Or can you simply use your room key card? That would make much more sense. What happened to the regular number pad safes where you set your own code? We are on Enchantment April 1. Several of the last "reviews" have been less than promising, although Radio seemed to have a great time (as we usually do).

The EN has a mixture of combo pad safes and slide a magstrip card safes as of last year. I assume that has not changed based upon the post dry dock reviews.

I don't know if a room key will work. I keep an old gift card in my travel wallet in case any room has this type of safe. If I forget the old gift card, I use my health insurance card (which has a mag strip).

We were on the Enchantment earlier this month and our room had a safe with a keypad combination. The safe looked new and was very small.

I noticed some reviews for the week after our cruise which mentioned a credit card one so I agree with vavasmom, it appears there is a mix. I do not know whether you can use your room key.

I have seen two different mentions of the room safes on Enchantment having to be opened and closed by sliding a "credit" card in the slot. Is that true???? Or can you simply use your room key card? That would make much more sense. What happened to the regular number pad safes where you set your own code? We are on Enchantment April 1. Several of the last "reviews" have been less than promising, although Radio seemed to have a great time (as we usually do).

Since your room steward has a room key (which means it is accessible to others, as well), I would recommend using some other card, if you use the electronic method.

When we were on Enchantment earlier this month, the safe was a mag-card type. We were on deck 4 mid-ship, starboard side. I usually use my drivers license as I carry it in my travel wallet with my Sea Pass and a few bucks. You need a photo ID to re-board the ship in most ports so this works out quite well. The only downfall to the mag-stripe is only one card will open the safe. So if my DW needed in the safe, I had to be there for her.

3140 3438 2628 3120 are certainly mag readers as of the January 5 sailing this year :)

In my room we used a Tim Hortons card (a coffee place gift card) as it has no value outside of Canada and just quasi-hid it. We chose that card as it had no relevant value to almost anyone on the ship. Except the other 120 Canadians.

3140 3438 2628 3120 are certainly mag readers as of the January 5 sailing this year :)

In my room we used a Tim Hortons card (a coffee place gift card) as it has no value outside of Canada and just quasi-hid it. We chose that card as it had no relevant value to almost anyone on the ship. Except the other 120 Canadians.

I know a few Oregon and Washington state residents who would beg to differ.. heheheheh

Archived