How early for prime deck chairs?

karatstravels

My husband and I are sailing on the Reflection (eastern Carribean) in November, we are both early risers and love spending our mornings laying in the sun by the pool. We are NOT chair hogs and make an effort to get up as early as required so we can eat breakfast and make our way to get our deck chairs. Since we are normally on family vacations (Disney etc) we are usually ok as long as we arrive by 8:30 or so ( since most folks are dealing with small children). Since x is a different demographic than we are used to, any idea what time we should aim to be on the pool deck to make sure we get a good spot.

Thanks,

Leanne

It depends on the passengers and the weather. If it's a beautiful sea day then you'll see people reserving their chairs starting before 8. If the ship's staff enforce the "no saving" rule you should be in good shape at 8:30 am.

My DW and I cruised on the Reflection first part of January. I think 9 am will put you in great shape. You will have your choice. Remember the pool farthest from the stage will be no kids. That was wonderfully enforced on my cruise. The pool that allows children is no diapers which was enforced as well. When you come up to the pool deck each morning you can take as many towels as you want! Unlike RCCL. Plan ahead for later in the day........ Zumba takes over twice a day in front of the stage and the music is quite loud. If Zumba is your thing you will love it. Me not so much.

Rob

As i I am certain most of you are aware, about 85% of the cabins on the S class are those with balconies; hence, why the concern vis-a-vis pool chairs in the sun? While I recognize that some of the folks from the northern climes might feel a need to acquire a sun tan, I wonder how many of them are cognizant of the dangers of skin carcinoma. Ayhoo, you will have plenty of time for sun exposure on the beaches in the Caribbean, if you so choose.

On Reflection these past two weeks, there were plenty of chairs at 9 a.m.

Oddly, the very first day of the first cruise, there was a sign indicating no children in one of the outdoor pools, as mentioned in an earlier post in this thread. I took a photograph of it.

A couple of days later, I mentioned that to a fellow cruiser, who said, there's no such sign there now. Sure enough, the part of the sign mentioning an age limit had been removed.

So who knows what you'll find on your cruise, with regards to children in the outdoor pools.

05.45, to be safe.

unless there aree many Germans on board. Then go around 04.30, because they send Papa out just after the Midnight Buffet to sleep accross a few chairs.

:)

No chance at 5.45, I'm german and usually get up with the chickens at 3:00AM :D

And by the way: On my last cruise with NCL there were precious few german guests, but pretty many reserved loungers.

Ahoy,

My husband and I are sailing on the Reflection (eastern Carribean) in November, we are both early risers and love spending our mornings laying in the sun by the pool. We are NOT chair hogs and make an effort to get up as early as required so we can eat breakfast and make our way to get our deck chairs. Since we are normally on family vacations (Disney etc) we are usually ok as long as we arrive by 8:30 or so ( since most folks are dealing with small children). Since x is a different demographic than we are used to, any idea what time we should aim to be on the pool deck to make sure we get a good spot.

Thanks,

Leanne

I think you will be fine no matter what time you arrive as all the loungers on Reflection will have lovely comfy padded chairs, unlike on the Millenium class ships which only have the padded chairs on the ones immediately around the pool.

Also I have have heard that anybody from America and Canada is allowed to choose their deckchair before anybody from the UK, a bit like the free drinks package!!!!!:) (only joking have a great trip)

Thanks Everyone! Good to know. We do have a balcony room, but enjoy our time on the pool deck (with appropriate sunscreen of course :)). I was worried that we would have more early risers and our 8 am time would be too late (especially with all of the chair saving that seems to go on everywhere). Although I will say we have witnessed many interesting exchanges with those who think it is acceptable to save chairs and those who remove their items, it is certainly never boring.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Leanne

Archived