Civitavecchia safety

Sunnydale

We are staying in Civitavecchia pre cruise and will be arriving by train late evening, the hotel is 500m from the station therefore easy to walk but we need to go walk through the tunnel under the railway track.

Can anyone advise if it is safe to do this, especially if flights are delayed and its 10.00pm before we arrive.

If they arrive late at night it is possible that they'll be the only folks getting off the train. Unlikely, but possible.

If you are concerned, you could call your hotel before getting on the train (or even better call when you are making the change at Trastevere, if you are coming from the airport) and ask if someone from the hotel can meet you at the station to help you with your luggage.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a chance that you might not have to go through the stairwell when getting off the train in Civitavecchia. In 2007 I remember boarding at platform #27 in Rome and when exiting at Civitavecchia Station we unloaded directly onto the station platform. However in 2008 we boarded on platform #29 and had to go through the stairwell to get to the station. I really don't think it will be a big deal as long as you stay with the exiting passengers. I do have a picture of the stairwell that you are talking about. Tim

DSC00322.jpg.8ebe312b0519393a66c1c80d24053e2c.jpg

Archived