Burano Italy

xenagurl

Thanks for your post & link. Burano looks to be a photographer's delight!

Sure thing! It truly is! The whole place will make you smile. It's obvious that the residents take pride in their island and in their creativity.

@PCWalton1 What a cute little balcony!

@Julia’s Journey’s I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. There are so many adorable little shops that sell lace clothing and items as well as glass from Murano. It's such a delightful area. :)

Hello- will be visiting Venice in Sept- where do you get the boats to Murano/ Burano? Thanks:)

Details of how to take the Vaporetto from Murano to Burano are in the link above that I first posted.

To get to Murano from the main area of Venice I think is bus #12 but I don't know where you're staying so check with your hotel about the best way to get to Murano. There is a Vaporetto in front of the Coop Supermarket across the Canal from the train station that will take you there, but that might not be close to you. I hope that you have a wonderful trip!

The varporetto ride to Burano was longer than what I was expecting. I think maybe 25 minutes or so each way. Murano is much closer to Venice. Just something to think about as you plan your day.

Yes! I think it was even longer than that, I felt like a 6 year old thinking "are we there yet?" :p

Archived