Carnival problem! Who to contact?

jacksmom09

It was intended to help the rest of us, not the OP, as I am sure you could surmise.

However, while I understand why someone might have interpreted your remark as snide, I believe you were doing exactly what you say: trying to convey the idea that working through a TA might have avoided some of the OP's frustration. Perhaps slightly different wording might have made that clear to everyone.

"This is why I use a travel agent."

I saw nothing snide about that remark. They were just stating that if the OP had used a TA, they would deal with it and not have to spend three hours on the phone themselves.

It wasn't snide, but it really served no purpose. If it had been elaborated on more like you did, the result of the statement would be different.

Although it may be good advice (that is debatable though), it is true that telling the OP to book with a TA on their "next" cruise does not help them resolve this problem on "this" cruise.

The OP should keep calling until someone helps unless the $50 is not worth the time it takes to get it resolved.

That is the point I am trying to make. I had a $15 issue that my TA told me took several phone calls (that I did not have to make) to resolve. I told my TA I was sorry it was so difficult to resolve and he told me not to worry about it, that was his job.

There is nothing I can do for the issue the OP is facing now. However, in the future, the OP might consider the advantages of booking with a travel agent. Or is it suddenly against the rules to offer suggestions on how to prevent this from becoming such a big problem in the future?

It wasn't snide, but it really served no purpose. If it had been elaborated on more like you did, the result of the statement would be different.

I saw someone complain about one of your posts when you suggested that the OP might not be able to afford to cruise.

The fact is that we don't have the time to draft replies, have them proof read and then post in such a way that nobody could mistake our intent. And even then, lawyers who are paid to do exactly that still end up in court trying to sort out what the document actually says or means. Or I can refer you to a famous quote from a former president ...

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

So if a Rhodes Scholar is not clear on the meaning of the word "is", how can you expect me to make a simple statement that nobody will misinterpret?

Indeed, someone is bound to misinterpret nearly anything. However, I am sure that even you can see your comment was rather terse. and an admission along the lines of "You are right. I can see that my meaning could easily have been misunderstood" would have been a lot more useful than insisting what you wrote was fine.

Indeed, someone is bound to misinterpret nearly anything. However, I am sure that even you can see your comment was rather terse. and an admission along the lines of "You are right. I can see that my meaning could easily have been misunderstood" would have been a lot more useful than insisting what you wrote was fine.

I'm sure if I took more time I could make any of my posts better. However, not everybody read my post the same way.

"This is why I use a travel agent."

I saw nothing snide about that remark. They were just stating that if the OP had used a TA, they would deal with it and not have to spend three hours on the phone themselves.

Now the OP was on the phone for 3 hours!! LOL

I submitted an early saver form a few weeks back and never got a response. Not knowing how to reach that department, I sent the form in again after about a week and in the comments I noted that I had waited about a week with no response. long story short, somehow they had lost the form i submitted.

Within a few hours of submitting the second form I got a personal e-mail asking for more information on the situation. It came from Scott Greeson at the e-mail address of guestsolutionssupport2@carnival.com. overall the original form was never found and I did not write down the information before submitting it. Scott said that he couldn't find any matches in their system for the time frame and i didn't get the reduction. But I was actually very happy with the response i got.

Once they saw my complaint I was contacted quickly and we exchanged several e-mails all between 7:30 pm and 10:30 pm.

To me good customer service is when you don't get the resolution you had wanted, but you leave feeling that you were treated fairly and that the person on the other end did their best and listened to you.

Thanks i'll try it!

I booked an Early Saver rate which is paid in full and I requested back in Dec. a rate adjustment for $50. which was credited as on board credit, then 2 days ago I found a $30. price drop on past guest ( the same as I had requested the $50. credit for!) So, Carnival took away my $50. credit and credited me the $30. So I called to find out why and all I got was a bunch of (I feel anyway) mis-information and after over an hour on the phone I had had enough and requested conatact info for someone else to help! I did get the persons name that I had spoken with, and would like to talk with someone with maybe a little more knowledge!:confused: Being directed to the web page for contact info (in my opion) was unacceptable!

I had a similar issue. Only one of my OBCs showed on my online booking. I was told to go to the "View Cruise Documents", "Print General Information" and both of the OBCs were showing in the billing section.

Archived