Another Q&A?

Another Q&A?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Another Q&A?

• YES PLEASE
    • NOT FOR NOW

Well this has confused things!?!? :D

Considering it again, I do agree that maybe a Q&A now might be too soon, and that perhaps something around April time, maybe just after summer 2014 is launched, would be a better idea. I think the reason why I posted asking if people want one now is because of the recent queries with AI changes and the Platinum upgrade, and that perhaps some answers from Fraser himself would have been better.

I do agree about this being an open forum, and that we should all be having the input, and I don't think I'd feel very comfortable with just me adding questions for Fraser, instead we should all definitely have input, and add queries. That's one thing I love about this forum, everyone's contributions, conversations and humour. ;)

I do think that recently the forum has lost its old feel slightly. I don't know whether it is because of the recent changes, or because Thomson are now replying on here, and it now feels like a PR type exercise, but things just don't seem to be the same as before. I do wonder whether it is Thomson replying that has done it, as previously with things like the Majesty swap and some disappointment there, it still felt like the great forum it was. Anyone else think that perhaps we would prefer the forum to go back to normal without Thomson replying, and just having a Q&A with Fraser a couple times a year? I don't know... :confused:

What about we request from Thomson that maybe we have a message from Fraser clearing up the AI changes and the disappointment of the Platinum upgrade on Dream?

I do think though this forum is a great way to express our positive and negative views, as we now know Thomson definitely view them. Also, the friendliness, kindness, helpfulness and humour of everyone on this forum is what makes this forum great, and is something that hopefully will never be lost. :) We don't want to get like some of the other forums now do we (mentioning no names of course ;)).

Hopefully things will get back to normal soon, and that Thomson listen to the complaints and sort them out quickly.

I know what we need - kruzseeka back!! :D

goto this website

http://www.postimage.org

click 'choose files' button....choose a photo from your computer & click open

hit 'upload it'

after the pic has uploaded

click on the 'copy to clipboard' button next to: hotlink for forums

open a message box on here

paste the hotlink code into your message (ctrl tab and v)

good to go

Thanks geo, brace yourself for next week sometime i will be uploading.....;)

Cheers for that Geo :D I use Photobucket as a rule but I cannot have too many hosting sites so will give it a go :cool: Thanx

Heres a couple of photos for Dreamgirl and Whistlerbc :)

First is a nice sunset on our sea day over the New Year

atlantic_sunset.jpg

And a photo of the Majesty in Madeira ...

Majesty_madeira.jpg

Ah thanks Kalos, lovely sunset you just caught that right. I think Majesty is a pretty little ship, would like to try her sometime, just working my way round the fleet at the min with the odd distraction from the opperstion ;)

Well this has confused things!?!?

Considering it again, I do agree that maybe a Q&A now might be too soon, and that perhaps something around April time, maybe just after summer 2014 is launched, would be a better idea. I think the reason why I posted asking if people want one now is because of the recent queries with AI changes and the Platinum upgrade, and that perhaps some answers from Fraser himself would have been better.

I do agree about this being an open forum, and that we should all be having the input, and I don't think I'd feel very comfortable with just me adding questions for Fraser, instead we should all definitely have input, and add queries. That's one thing I love about this forum, everyone's contributions, conversations and humour. ;)

I do think that recently the forum has lost its old feel slightly. I don't know whether it is because of the recent changes, or because Thomson are now replying on here, and it now feels like a PR type exercise, but things just don't seem to be the same as before. I do wonder whether it is Thomson replying that has done it, as previously with things like the Majesty swap and some disappointment there, it still felt like the great forum it was. Anyone else think that perhaps we would prefer the forum to go back to normal without Thomson replying, and just having a Q&A with Fraser a couple times a year? I don't know... :confused:

What about we request from Thomson that maybe we have a message from Fraser clearing up the AI changes and the disappointment of the Platinum upgrade on Dream?

I do think though this forum is a great way to express our positive and negative views, as we now know Thomson definitely view them. Also, the friendliness, kindness, helpfulness and humour of everyone on this forum is what makes this forum great, and is something that hopefully will never be lost. :) We don't want to get like some of the other forums now do we (mentioning no names of course ;)).

Hopefully things will get back to normal soon, and that Thomson listen to the complaints and sort them out quickly.

I know what we need - kruzseeka back!! :D

Well i think your right, it does look like its too soon.

Its just when you read some of the reviews and reports on here like the recent ones on the Dream, just be nice to know that someone takes notice and that if there are problems which are being aired that things are actually done.

If not to be honest i really cannot see the point of the team or FE looking through here as they have said they do.

Yes i know they like to see what everyone thinks which is fine but pointless if whats said does not get filtered through to someone in the actual dept where it will make a difference and the team just looking is no good at all really , if this is the case much better without them im afraid..

To my mind i cannot for the life of me see why if this site is monitered that whoever see's negative points raised especially by more than one person that they cant just send a simple email to the Dream ( or whichever ship) there and then. Get things sorted and everyone happy.

Im sure if it were my business i would be making sure the not so good reviews were as few and far between as possible and i would be fast off the mark to put any problems right if i had such a marvelous spy hole as this forum.

Perhaps they do but because we dont know that the niggles grow.

Sorry im going on a bit, its a woman thing but im a bit of a do'er, like to get things sorted there and then.

Agree too sailaway, think it has changed very much on here from when i first joined, be nice to turn the clock back and just have the friendly banter again :D

Tricky one this. I agree the forum has gone downhill since the Q+A, and if I'm honest I felt very positive about Thomson before it - now I feel almost negative towards them, and I am considering switching after the 2 cruises I have booked for this year.

I think the reasons are -

1 FE didn't give the answers we wanted, and it was obvious almost straight away it wasn't really him answering.

2 Since the social media team started posting, their inability to give a) straight and b) correct answers has left me unhappy at their incompetence. I feel really sorry for those people who ask the social media team a question (especially first timers and not just on here but on the other sites) and get an incorrect answer. I saw one the other day where the customer was told that the Dream had irons and ironing boards in every room! Strangely it was deleted when I commented on it, along with my comments.

Not sure what the way forward is. Unless its the Facebook site! :(

Tricky one this. I agree the forum has gone downhill since the Q+A, and if I'm honest I felt very positive about Thomson before it - now I feel almost negative towards them, and I am considering switching after the 2 cruises I have booked for this year.

1 FE didn't give the answers we wanted, and it was obvious almost straight away it wasn't really him answering.

2 Since the social media team started posting, their inability to give a) straight and b) correct answers has left me unhappy at their incompetence. I feel really sorry for those people who ask the social media team a question (especially first timers and not just on here but on the other sites) and get an incorrect answer. I saw one the other day where the customer was told that the Dream had irons and ironing boards in every room! Strangely it was deleted when I commented on it, along with my comments.

Maybe we should say thank you Thomson for answering our queries and issues, we appreciate it. But for now, we would like the forum to return to what it once was, and if there is any questions we have that want answered, we will contact you directly. And then, have a Q&A with Fraser a couple of times a year. :)

I most certainly don't want anyone to leave this forum. It would be a great shame... :(

Hi grez, I think the good old thomson regulars are great at answering questions, that's what I loved about the site before.

Everyone is so down on here now it's lost it's spark, such a shame. The forum used to mirror the atmosphere on the ships and it doesn't anymore, very sad :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi grez, I think the good old thomson regulars are great at answering questions, that's what I loved about the site before.

Everyone is so down on here now it's lost it's spark, such a shame. The forum used to mirror the atmosphere on the ships and it doesn't anymore, very sad :(

Shall we say goodbye to the Thomson Cruises team and get back to normal? :rolleyes:

Maybe we should say thank you Thomson for answering our queries and issues, we appreciate it. But for now, we would like the forum to return to what it once was, and if there is any questions we have that want answered, we will contact you directly. And then, have a Q&A with Fraser a couple of times a year. :)

I most certainly don't want anyone to leave this forum. It would be a great shame... :(

How about we try to go back to the old ways for Feb, no "team" questions just happy cruisers helping each other, if it works. ...:):)

How about we try to go back to the old ways for Feb, no "team" questions just happy cruisers helping each other, if it works. ...:):)

Agreed! :)

Also, I want to apologise to everyone on here. I feel that if I hadn't have started the thread originally asking for a Q&A back in October, we would still be the same forum as before. :o

Here's to a happy February everyone!!! :D

Also, I want to apologise to everyone on here. I feel that if I hadn't have started the thread originally asking for a Q&A back in October, we would still be the same forum as before. :o

Don't think like that! I for one appreciate all the effort you put into the forum and on the whole the Q&A was good :)

It's all lost its way for several reasons the platinum debacle for one :rolleyes:

dont banish them

they are only people.....I think they are genuinely trying to engage with us and help....they are no worse than any other consumer helpline

Unfortunately, we are more expert on cruises than they are....so they cant really help us.....we can probaly help them more

what theycan do that we cant is add little confirmations and their take on company policys here and there

think about what this forum is for?

we (regular posters) may know all about our cruises to the tiniest details

there are many out there (thousands probably) who read this forum looking for just that sort of detailed information (from regular cruisers) readers who may never post on these boards

thoms are in the background adding a little to our discussions the best they can....they are not disagreeing with us are they? it adds some credibility to what we are saying and I believe that can only be helpful to those looking for the facts....dont you think?

The Q&A sessions with various CEO's on these boards have been, on the whole, successful and adds something to this entire forum the discussions they generate are interesting, enjoyable and informative....which is the very reason I like this forum

I wouldn’t want to see them go....maybe we could just confine them to a single thread.....make it easier for them too

we can continue our deliberations/post mortems/etc as usual

Sailaway, I too appreciate the effort that you put into this forum....imo this forum going from strength to strength

How about we try to go back to the old ways for Feb, no "team" questions just happy cruisers helping each other, if it works. ...

Sounds good to me Dreamgirl :)

Don't even go there Sailaway ,you have nothing to apologise for :).

You have put a lot into this forum and I for one thank you for that .

Maybe we should ask the Thomson Team ,who I would like to thank as well for the help they have given where possible to our forum members .

We know they are ruled from higher in Thomson Towers of what they can and cannot answer ,they have not failed us ,the ones above have .

So maybe we should ask them to have a rest and ask their top bosses to ponder this ..... Our question ... You have read our forum, you have promised great things, now is the time for answers so what things have you done to make our cruisers better ?

I think we would all look forward to hearing them say ...

" You said,we listened and this is our, what we have done, top twenty improvements.":cool:

I agree sailaway you have got nothing to apologise for you are going a very good job on this forum you have been really helpful to me so thank you

I just think a lot of people are losing their confidence in thomson for not answering direct questions and when that happens they will take their custom else where like a lot of people are now thinking of doing

carolynne

I agree with everything you have just said, Geomagot.

Sailaway, you are doing a sterling job :)

Yes Sailaway you do a brilliant job on here

Although it's IE for us soon (all being well) I like to keep up with things here as we'll probably be arranging another cruise for next year (again all being well) - I say that a lot these days, don't take anything for granted.

Love this forum for all the info and tips and good-natured humour too

Oh dear me!

Thank you for the how to post photos info and the pics already uploaded they are lovely. I shall be trying this all out very soon and would love to see lots more so will start a thread to have a go. Makes such a difference to see photos, gets you right in the holiday spirit.:)

Thomson team aren't an option but for those feeling stressed over it all maybe its time to have a holiday..... take a cruise and relax :rolleyes:

Or start posting some pics...

Hi Sailaway, as others have mentioned you did a great thing by getting FE on board. Nobody could have predicted the outcome. I think that my earlier observations, coupled with Thomson's failure to address the overwhelming negative feedback from the Platinum upgrade (Dream especially) has just made people a bit despondent.

Perhaps the best thing is to limit the Social Media team to one thread, and not to worry about it when they don't respond. Its a shame that they have come over as a bit ignorant, maybe even arrogant, as they don't seem to have the same problems in replying to people on Facebook.

Hi Sailaway, as others have mentioned you did a great thing by getting FE on board. Nobody could have predicted the outcome. I think that my earlier observations, coupled with Thomson's failure to address the overwhelming negative feedback from the Platinum upgrade (Dream especially) has just made people a bit despondent.

Perhaps the best thing is to limit the Social Media team to one thread, and not to worry about it when they don't respond. Its a shame that they have come over as a bit ignorant, maybe even arrogant, as they don't seem to have the same problems in replying to people on Facebook.

What is the Facebook site for Thomson then, Grez? I only know the Thomson Cruise site but that wasn't set up by Thomson themselves & they are never on that one!!

Shall we say goodbye to the Thomson Cruises team and get back to normal? :rolleyes:

Sorry, but I disagree, and I don't think you should be talking for all of us?

Yes, they may only answer the odd question, and it may not always be right, but then again, if they answer so wone's query and help them, why should they be banished?

I thought this was an open forum, and anyone can comment, whether a cruiser, or a worker?

Archived