What deck and location do you prefer?

wework2play

What deck and location do you prefer? I am counting on advice from CC to choose my next stateroom.

We take our kids, so I'm thinking a good location close to pool and pizza maybe. On our previous cruises, we have been mid ship and forward. Never toward the aft. But we found ourselves making the long haul to the back of the ship constantly.

Also, we've never been higher than deck 6. Are there perks to being higher up such as lido deck?

Suggestions please!

We always book lido the first cabin before the pool and food/bars.We were just on the Liberty in 9293.Great location.Close to food,morning coffee,the pool and bars.Everything close by and not noisy as most people think

We like either penthouse 1 or 2 on the Fantasy class that still have them. Enjoy the seclusion from foot traffic and the space especially when you take both. Great for reunions and watching what is going on at the main pool. Gives younger folks a place to bring new friends with plenty of bar space and area for food setup and such.

I've only been in mid-ship cabins. In Dec., I had my first Lido cabin; an inside mid-ship cabin halfway between Lido pool area door and the main atrium. Sister and I loved this location! I had been concerned about possible noise and foot traffic. But it was actually very quiet, except for the 2 nights of late night deck parties. Then we heard a bit of the music from about 10:30-11:00---so not really bad.

I will probably only book Lido from now on, if it's available. The smaller ships don't have cabins on Lido deck.

We love deck 7 aft as there's cabins above and below plus on most ships it's 2 up to Lido and 2 down to Promanade. :) (the Dream class ships it's 3 up to Lido) So I can walk it most of the time. ;) And the aft elevators take you up to the back of the buffet so it's close to the Pizza and ice cream! :D

We (I say "we" like my DH really gets a say so!) really like Lido deck forward - cabins above & below close to the action!

This, prescisely. Breeze, Cabin 10256. I would book the ship AND cabin again in a heartbeat. Might even more a few more cabins forward because of the utility closet/crew passageway right there - only loud on the last night so not enough to deter me.

Last year we got upgraded to the Lido deck and we loved it. We were traveling with two kids so it was so convenient for everything. We were close to the pool, elevators, ice cream, buffet and only two flights down from Camp Carnival. We loved the location so much that we booked the same cabin for this year for the other two grandkids we're bringing.

Riviera in the front or aft, inside cabin because its the cheapest!

100% agree. Always Riv deck. Save $$ to spend on drinks or shore excursions, plus with all the eating that we do, it is nice to have to "walk" to everything. -

Hey, every little bit helps.....I mean every extra "step" helps.

I never really cared if I was midship or on a higher deck for a few reasons...

1. Forward or aft is cheaper

2. We usually leave our room in the morning and rarely go back before dinner time so I only have to walk all the way to my room a few times a day. Not to mention I'm not usually lazy, so the extra walking and stair climbing helps to burn a few extra calories and if I do feel lazy i can just take the elevator.

3. Being on Riviera you are usually only 1 floor away from getting on and off the ship on port days.

4. There is rarely any noise down on Riviera since your sandwiched between other rooms above and crew decks below.

5. I don't spend much time in my room, but when I do I'm usually showering, using the bathroom, or sleeping. The showers on Riviera are the same as the showers on the other decks so that's a wash(no pun intended), the toilet works the same, and when I turn the lights out to go to sleep I have no idea if I'm forward, aft, riviera, or empress.

6. The main reason is I'm cheap and I couldn't care less as long as I'm on the boat.

What deck and location do you prefer? I am counting on advice from CC to choose my next stateroom.

We take our kids, so I'm thinking a good location close to pool and pizza maybe. On our previous cruises, we have been mid ship and forward. Never toward the aft. But we found ourselves making the long haul to the back of the ship constantly.

Also, we've never been higher than deck 6. Are there perks to being higher up such as lido deck?

Suggestions please!

I have been on Deck 2 on the Dream and LOVED it because it seemed perfect location for everything

we have been on the Lido deck on the Liberty and the perks are endless for this because not only does it benefit getting to the breakfast, lunch without the big mad rush it also means ur never far away from a sun lounger and a swimming pool

and this up coming cruise we are on deck eight it seems a pretty good location too not too high up not too low down ...

We have only been on carnival twice..both times on the Glory..First time in 2009 was a last minute plan.. and we happened to be able to grab 2 ocean view connecting cabins 2293 and 2297 on main deck 2 they were great and with the two rooms combined we had 440 sq. feet and 2 bathrooms...even one room is plenty spacious for two people. It was most convenient at ports of call because we never got backed up with everyone trying to get off the ship...we just walked down the hallway while all the stairwells and elevators were backed up on the higher decks...that and the space were the pros... but since we spend a lot of time by the pools, it was a pain to go back to the cabin regularly. I ended up stashing stuff with friends who were on deck 8.

I really missed my balcony so in 2011 when we sailed again...we were on the Empress deck Ocean suite 7326 this deck is really great...two decks up to Lido or two down to Promenade very convenient to everything and quiet with cabins both above and below...friends we sailed with had deck 8 verandah insides and they didnt mind them and they were more aft so they went up the back stairs on to the pool deck and buffet in no time...they had no complaints with noise being only one deck below....

If this thread isnt carnival specific...I also recommend Emerald deck aft mini suites on Princess and Disney Magic deluxe verandahs rooms decks 6 or 7 mid to aft.

Archived